» «
Photo

[SPOILERS] Stock Tips thread

528 replies to this topic
calebxx12
  • calebxx12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by calebxx12, 18 September 2013 - 10:27 PM.

I just invested all I had in Logger and destroyed a Pisswasser van and it went down haha

EDIT:

I also found an eCola truck, invested in Raine and no luck either.

burner12
  • burner12

GTA Series Forever!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Is bawsaq down due to high traffic maybe?

misfits01328
  • misfits01328

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

I am online and linked my PSN with Social Club, still Bawsaq says down for maintenance. 

Cha Boy Jesus
  • Cha Boy Jesus

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

WHAT IS BETTAPHARMS name on the market?

SantosAssassin
  • SantosAssassin

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Bawsaq has no affiliation with internet connection.  Its part of the single player experience and exclusive to your game world.

I think it goes down sometimes depending on where you are in the game.  LCN always works for me though

Thorvy
  • Thorvy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

no, bawsaq is the online portion, the other market is pure single player.

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

Mowing down Hare Krishnas since 1997

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

I just invested all I had in Logger and destroyed a Pisswasser van and it went down haha

EDIT:

Yeah, it's really inconsistent. I f*cked around with seeing how destroying their trucks affected stock prices, and it didn't appear to correlate. Hard to tell cause sometimes it takes a little while.

themlggoldfish
  • themlggoldfish

SO. MANY. MEDS.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

You say to rob or destroy a Burgershot if you invest in CluckinBell, but I haven't found an enterable burgershot. How would you destroy a building? Or rob a store you can't emter?

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

You say to rob or destroy a Burgershot if you invest in CluckinBell, but I haven't found an enterable burgershot. How would you destroy a building? Or rob a store you can't emter?

Good question. I drove around forever just looking for a Burgershot but never found one, let alone one I could enter. This whole stockmarket thing is confusing as f*ck.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Bawsaq has no affiliation with internet connection.  Its part of the single player experience and exclusive to your game world.

I think it goes down sometimes depending on where you are in the game.  LCN always works for me though

Completely incorrect. It's been stated multiple times that BAWSAQ is a collection of online data from people using R* Social Club.

Source: http://www.psu.com/a...-BAWSAQ-and-LCN

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:47 AM Edited by Justin80, 19 September 2013 - 06:49 AM.

Anyone else help a guy get his bike back as Michael and then get a sh*t load of free stock in that animal place? Glad to see good deeds don't always go unrewarded haha.

No!  I recovered his bike for him with Franklin but never received any stock!! But at the time F didnt have any stocks. Whats going on here?

Also, fwiw, I cant sign into Social Club. Every time I try it says its down. Ugh R*.

TinyWeeny
  • TinyWeeny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

WHAT IS BETTAPHARMS name on the market?

Beta Pharmaceuticals is listed on BAWSAQ, not on LCN.

I'm not sure why, other than to make it un-exploitable by the players. Seems like it will always be going up though, since it should be affected by every player that plays the assassination mission.

One thing I noticed is that sleeping does not affect the stock market at all. Time passes, and the graphs will show different days, but the stocks will not change at all this way. You have to actually spend time playing to see the stocks change.

Vakturion
  • Vakturion

Noob

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Dose

Spoiler
?

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:23 AM Edited by Poker2012chu, 19 September 2013 - 08:24 AM.

EDIT:

I usually have better luck investing in stocks that are near the low point, but have a higher ceiling, or are farther from the highest point it sold for. For example, let's say that Raine's stock is currently selling at about $40, and the lowest it sold for is $38 while the highest it sold for was $80 (don't worry, it tells you this before you buy). You'd be an idiot not to invest in Raine, as it is most likely that there will be nowhere for the stock to go but up. However, it may not be as wise (from a play it safe standpoint) to invest in a $140 stock when the highest price was $150 and the lowest $130, for example.

michaelrayliotta
  • michaelrayliotta

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Anybody pick up the guy with the broken down car, and invest in tinkle like he said? I just bought a wholllle bunch of shares.. Was he lying?

SIG SAUER
  • SIG SAUER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Anybody pick up the guy with the broken down car, and invest in tinkle like he said? I just bought a wholllle bunch of shares.. Was he lying?

lol sounds like a catch22

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

I did it and made 700k with it. You should've done it in the begin of the game, I told a friend about it and he said that Tinkle shares sold for $115 or so (and I sold at $516 later on I think).

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Is bawsaq down due to high traffic maybe?

I'd guess so. The whole of Social Club is slow as sh*t, you'd think they'd have anticipated the high volume of traffic.

Moksu
  • Moksu

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

If you invest in a company and then go wreck their competitor's stuff, it should increase your stock value. For example: Sink money into AirEMU, prefferably when the stock is already low, then go blow up FlyUS planes. Or buy CluckinBell stock and go rob and destroy a few Burgershot stores. Or invest in one car company, then destroy their competitor's cars, preferably at their dealership.

Is there any map where can i find those burgershot stores, or area where to find flyUS planes?

iNewWorldOrderi
  • iNewWorldOrderi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

USfly planes are in the 1st area's airport.

you can actually find any airline, at any airport. they're random. 

if you find a map please post it here! it'd be usefull in the OP

TheMajorD
  • TheMajorD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

I don't know if it has been mentioned but the stock market seems to update every hour in game.

Also, don't die when destroying things to destroy the competition.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:46 PM Edited by Poker2012chu, 19 September 2013 - 02:48 PM.

I can't imagine there not being a map made of common locations of vehicles owned by companies in the stock markets within the next week or so. I'd give it a few days; yesterday I still couldn't find some of the basic game information like you can with other games, like detailed stock tips.

qkdefus
  • qkdefus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by qkdefus, 19 September 2013 - 03:14 PM.

when you have completed the game

Spoiler
  • acemafia04 likes this

iNewWorldOrderi
  • iNewWorldOrderi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

I can't imagine there not being a map made of common locations of vehicles owned by companies in the stock markets within the next week or so. I'd give it a few days; yesterday I still couldn't find some of the basic game information like you can with other games, like detailed stock tips.

http://gta-5-map.com/

this will be the hot-topic for a gta 5 map. its not finished but currently has all of the interactive icons on it (barber, chop shops etc but not food/banks/etc)

also please upvote this comment or the OP's comment to get this thread pinned. 

• Cyfun, Raslyk and yinGz like this

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

this will be the hot-topic for a gta 5 map. its not finished but currently has all of the interactive icons on it (barber, chop shops etc but not food/banks/etc)

I was talking about the the locations of dealerships or companies you can interact with to affect stock prices, but I see what you mean. Someone will probably post an even more detailed guide to stocks manipulation in the coming days.

iNewWorldOrderi
  • iNewWorldOrderi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

I was talking about the the locations of dealerships or companies you can interact with to affect stock prices, but I see what you mean. Someone will probably post an even more detailed guide to stocks manipulation in the coming days.

it says on the left hand side of the map this isnt even the beta, its the aplha map lol...

im sure if enough people request for it. he'll add stock manipulation points into it too.. it'd seem pointless to make an intereactive map without them.

but first, he has to FIND them all and then do the coding, so i'd hazard a week minimum until that map makes any progress. not until its finished. 

• Tspoon likes this

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

it says on the left hand side of the map this isnt even the beta, its the aplha map lol...

im sure if enough people request for it. he'll add stock manipulation points into it too.. it'd seem pointless to make an intereactive map without them.

but first, he has to FIND them all and then do the coding, so i'd hazard a week minimum until that map makes any progress. not until its finished. 

I was thinking more along the lines of a player who's hell-bent on the in-game stock market to make a rudimentary map with the rough locations and times of vehicles owned by companies in the market that players can blow up.

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Anyone else help a guy get his bike back as Michael and then get a sh*t load of free stock in that animal place? Glad to see good deeds don't always go unrewarded haha.

No!  I recovered his bike for him with Franklin but never received any stock!! But at the time F didnt have any stocks. Whats going on here?

Also, fwiw, I cant sign into Social Club. Every time I try it says its down. Ugh R*.

I think there are several of these missions with bikes. The one we were talking about was a motorcycle. Was up-town somewhere. Pretty sure this was the one with the guy from AnimalArk. Then there was one in the urban sprawl area with a bicycle.

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

You know what's funny? There is pretty much NO good information online about GTA V stocks. I've been looking for info on the Hijak car company, Burgershot locations, wtf is wrong with BAWSAQ, and my searches just lead me back to this thread! It would appear that WE are the major authorities on the subject.

There are plenty of guys who made youtube videos discussing GTA V stocks, though, but their info is mostly vague or incorrect.  One guy even said to invest in stocks with high prices cause it indicates that they are a successful company and their stock values will slowly rise!  Tell that to someone who invested in Lifehacker or Merriweather early on!

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of a player who's hell-bent on the in-game stock market to make a rudimentary map with the rough locations and times of vehicles owned by companies in the market that players can blow up.

I was up all night trying, and can proudly say that I came up with jack sh*t! Been looking for the main buildings of some of these companies, but it doesn't help that the city and island are effing huge, plus I'm usually driving too fast to spot anything.

Best bet is to get a vehicle of similar class that will cause the others to spawn. I usually go get Franklin's tow truck, the cruise around in the industrial area. There are also some unattached trailers parked in some areas. Found a bunch of Pisswasser ones, but blowing them up did nothing for my Logger stock. :(

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users