Quantcast

» «
Photo

Get in here if you enjoy driving more in V than in IV

28 replies to this topic

Poll: What GTA game has better handling? (139 member(s) have cast votes)

What GTA game has better handling?

1. Grand theft Auto V (89 votes [64.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.03%

2. Grand theft Auto IV (50 votes [35.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

The people who are saying that the handling in V is worse than in IV are full of sh*t.
I have the game and before i got it i watched the streams. Everybody who is saying IV is
better than V is plain stupid or just trolling. In GTA IV the driving got old really quick and
i pretty much just took taxis everywhere (unless i got a sports car), in V i see myself driving all
over the much bigger map than in IV with all kinds of cars because it is much more enjoyable ,
and in my completation of about 25% i only took the taxi one or two times (just like in 3D era
GTA's), and the cars don't feel arcady much (unless using Franklins special) they are a good blend
of IV's physics and the fun driving of old GTA's. If you agree vote to shut up the trolls and stupid people

Spoiler

alexYYY
  • alexYYY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by alexYYY, 16 September 2013 - 10:27 PM.

don't you think the easiest way is to give people an option to choose between the two handling systems? this is just plain wrong what you're doing

CTUDirector
  • CTUDirector

Commission of End of Watch Clan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

don't you think the easiest way is to give people an option to choose between the two handling systems? this is just plain wrong what you're doing

Giving people the choice between the two systems would either (1) change the game into two different versions or (2) give an advantage to someone over another.

alexYYY
  • alexYYY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

i wouldn't mind restarting a mission a couple of times duo to oversteering at some point. for online there's always a switch. 
anyway as i said before it's wrong to take out the auto from the grand theft

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:52 PM Edited by MWC, 16 September 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Lol and since when is the IV handling and damage the auto in the grand theft auto, i was sure there were some games before IV, but i'm probably wrong 

ElderTyrant
  • ElderTyrant

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by ElderTyrant, 16 September 2013 - 11:45 PM.

This is what put the "Auto" in GTA.  :lol:

Am I really the only one who misses the "bump"?

Cobra427Cobra427
  • Cobra427Cobra427

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

Nooo Nooo, GTA5 should not win!

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Vote wouldn't be a fair reflection.

Most people enjoying the game have deserted the forums, and those that couldn't adapt from IV's boat driving will stick around to whine and beg for attention.

gevebe
  • gevebe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Tottaly agree, If you do please sign my petition at change.org (follow the link below)

http://www.change.or...o-gta-4-style-2

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

The people who are saying that the handling in V is worse than in IV are full of sh*t.
I have the game and before i got it i watched the streams. Everybody who is saying IV is
better than V is plain stupid or just trolling. In GTA IV the driving got old really quick and
i pretty much just took taxis everywhere (unless i got a sports car), in V i see myself driving all
over the much bigger map than in IV with all kinds of cars because it is much more enjoyable ,
and in my completation of about 25% i only took the taxi one or two times (just like in 3D era
GTA's), and the cars don't feel arcady much (unless using Franklins special) they are a good blend
of IV's physics and the fun driving of old GTA's. If you agree vote to shut up the trolls and stupid people

Spoiler

I have the game too, and the driving is sh*t. And lol at adapt to the driving in V. It took literally no time at all to get used to it. Its so dumbed down that a monkey could do it. You can't even roll a f*cking car if you tried because R8 glued them to the road and if you some how managed they let you roll it back over like magic. The cars take so much damage that you literally have to crash them over and over again before they show any signs of damage. I could weave in and out of traffic blind folded in this game. Whats great about that?

There is no trace of 4's physics. Everything stays very flat on the ground for the most part. The handling was better in SA. I tried giving some of the posters here the benefit of the doubt. I really wanted to believe that it wasn't as bad as it looked in the leaked footage. But the truth is, it is worse than what you see in the footage. It feels like a massive step backwards.

• birakira likes this

ChuckE
  • ChuckE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:42 AM Edited by ChuckE, 17 September 2013 - 08:43 AM.

i pretty much just took taxis everywhere (unless i got a sports car)
, in V i see myself driving all

Spoiler

Just say that you didn't have enough skills to drive cars in GTA 4. I see this is the main problem here.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

GTA IV's cars handled like the tyres were made of butter.

Cobra427Cobra427
  • Cobra427Cobra427

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

You played forza4?

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

how the hell do people like gta v handling?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

People keep reusing the same crap:

butter

boaty

on ice

Maybe if you didn't drive like a moron you'd know how to master IV's driving. You don't drive just julting the joystick right and left. You don't press hard on the brakes at the last minute, I mean seriously? That said I think V's handling looks better on the 'lesser' cars in the game but I think I'd still prefer IV because I don't really like stiff suspensions in games unless the suspension is supposed to be stiff on said vehicle.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Summarizing: if you think V handling and phsycis are better, only possible explanation is that YOU CAN´T DRIVE.

• EyeMacHunt and RoDa070 like this

ThePie69
  • ThePie69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm serious when I say, that the driving handling in GTA IV is better than GTA V. GTA V just feels like its Saints Row or some other fakey, less realistic type of driving controls. Wish they would have kept it like GTA IV because I'm one for the more realistic perspective and GTA V is just not right being able to stop on a dime and do perfect drifts. I just don't like it. 

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

GTA IV driving fits GTA IV, GTA V driving fits GTA V.  

saintsrow4rocks
  • saintsrow4rocks

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

butter

boaty

on ice

Maybe if you didn't drive like a moron you'd know how to master IV's driving. You don't drive just julting the joystick right and left. You don't press hard on the brakes at the last minute, I mean seriously? That said I think V's handling looks better on the 'lesser' cars in the game but I think I'd still prefer IV because I don't really like stiff suspensions in games unless the suspension is supposed to be stiff on said vehicle.

YOU KNOW WHY PEOPLE KEEP REUSING IT? BECAUSE ITS TRUE

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

butter

boaty

on ice

You know why no one likes you? BECAUSE YOU TYPE LIKE THIS... STOP IT... PLEASE... OR YOU'LL BE BANNED!

'Kay?

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Prefer v to iv.

saintsrow4rocks
  • saintsrow4rocks

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

butter

boaty

on ice

You know why no one likes you? BECAUSE YOU TYPE LIKE THIS... STOP IT... PLEASE... OR YOU'LL BE BANNED!

'Kay?

NO ONE LIKES ME BECAUSE I WANT YOU ALL TO HATE ME SO I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT

RoDa070
  • RoDa070

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Spoiler

not arcady ? runs up to 100 miles a hour in 1 sec....-.- every sport car almost handles the same only max speed changes

xTRiiXzZ-
  • xTRiiXzZ-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

Driving as Franklin is hands down; amazing :D

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

V

OutcoldSoldierX
  • OutcoldSoldierX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

This isn't a racing simulator. I like them both.

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hard decision. I like both. I should probably try IV once more and then decide.

Nomadski
  • Nomadski

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

The driving is pretty much perfect in this game

ThePie69
  • ThePie69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

http://www.change.or...=share_petition
Everyone who thinks that driving is a important part of the game and rockstar should try to make it more realistic and not have every car handle like a formula 1 race car should sign this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users