Breaking Bad vs Sons of Anarchy

9 replies to this topic
LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

*please don't post any spoilers for either series*

I love Breaking Bad (I'm all caught up), and I saw that Sons of Anarchy is on Netflix. I was wondering which one is better? What do you like about SOA? I also watch The Walking Dead, and I am in the middle of The Sopranos (season 4, been a couple weeks since I've watched though). I will like to have another show once BB is over with  :cry:

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 16 September 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Breaking Bad is miles better.

I loved the first 3 seasons of SoA. But It went to sh*t after that. Hell, the only thing that salvaged season 3 was the brilliantly executed finale. There were a few good moments in later seasons, but not enough for me. I can't watch it anymore. I just can't stand the generally sh*tty and forced dialogue between sh*tty characters that I don't even care for anymore. No one has anything interesting or smart to say, ever.

Most of the dialogue consists of "Jesus Christ" and "we need to reach out to [instert character]". Everything is about reaching out. Like it would kill them to say it any other way. I despise everyone who uses that term. Which is pretty much every character in the show. If any of the characters had some common sense there'd be no plot. Everything would be OK. But they're all just getting dumber with every passing episode.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Most of the dialogue consists of "Jesus Christ" and "we need to reach out to [instert character]". Everything is about reaching out. Like it would kill them to say it any other way. I despise everyone who uses that term. Which is pretty much every character in the show. If any of the characters had some common sense there'd be no plot. Everything would be OK. But they're all just getting dumber with every passing episode.

Lol @ "reaching out", they do say that a lot, probably like once an episode. The dialogue can be cheesy and overly macho sometimes but I still watch the show and enjoy it, it's not comparable to Breaking Bad though, it's decent but Breaking Bad is on another level with its storytelling and characters.

Harley
  • Harley

Cyclop 9

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

Both are great shows, and very different, overall I'd give it to BB but SOA packs a lot more in each ep.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by G_Unit_G_Unit, 17 September 2013 - 12:02 AM.

sons of anarchy I could never get into it, never made it past episode 1

Breaking bad by a million miles

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by Majestic81, 19 September 2013 - 07:59 PM.

SOA first 2 seasons were the best. 3 was only decent because of the whole irish theme. the rest are lame, i feel like watching some cliche Mexican show where every character make the same stupid mistakes every single time. i cant stand how dumb the characters can be, especially the women. never got into Breaking Bad, not really interested.

.2D
  • .2D

Look at the Flowers.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm a massive fan of Sons of Anarchy, but to be completely fair I'd have to give it to Breaking Bad, by a long shot. Whilst Sons of Anarchy is a great show, Breaking Bad is a bloody masterpiece and I've never seen anything quite like it.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Complete opposite shows.
Impossible to compare in every way.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

What are we judging on?

I love SoA's atmosphere, the drama, and the crazy twists. Breaking bad has awesome writing, a lot of crazy sh*t happens, and also a lot of drama. The two shows can't be compared BUT they are both friggin awesome. I have seen every SoA episode and I am currently watching the sh*t out of BB on netflicks.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

BB is much more interesting to me than SoA honestly.. Every time a new season of SoA starts I don't wait until it is like 8 episodes in before I watch it. I don't know why. Sometimes I feel it gets little repetitive. not sure exactly why. Weirdly enough, this is the only show that I cannot remember the events of the previous seasons clearly. With other shows, I remember most of the details before it even begins, but with this, even though the finales are usually very good, I cannot remember everything.

I might actually go start watching this season's today. Running out of shows to watch..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users