Photo

About that install issue...

12 replies to this topic
GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

So I read that R* suggested not to install BOTH disc onto the USB??? And to leave the mandatory install on the hard-drive?

My 360 Arcade doesn't have a HDD and never had.

Will it be fine if I install the mandatory 8gb download to the USB and leave the play disc with the remaining space I have left on my 360? Will deleting other games help?

Sorry, I'm just a little confused about what to do and I'm not tech-savy...

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

-bump.

adictoGTA
  • adictoGTA

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

i heard that if you have free space (like 250 left of a 320gb) you'll have no texture pop in problems, however there is alot of mixed info

bryer
  • bryer

Blaine County Sheriff Deputy

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Run the disk and install the mandatory to your USB. Save up, buy a HDD and then install mandatory to HDD and game to USB.

MOGGYASAURUS
  • MOGGYASAURUS

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by Justafanuk, 16 September 2013 - 08:16 PM.

I've just discovered this is a genuine issue too. The advice I've heard is (applicable to me with an HDD) to install disc one to the HDD and install disc two to the USB in order to avoid the noise from the disc spinning in the tray when it hasn't been installed. 

In your case what you have said should work fine, but you'll still get a noisy disc drive (don't know if that's ever/never been an issue for you without an HDD).

This is the best advice I've found and shows the comparisons between installing both discs onto the HDD and one onto the HDD and the other onto a USB - http://www.eurogamer...x-360-play-disc

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

In your case what you have said should work fine, but you'll still get a noisy disc drive (don't know if that's ever/never been an issue for you without an HDD).

Well, I installed IV a few weeks back(got bored) and before that it made noise but it didn't bother me.

Kinda worried because I don't know if this game will kill my 360...but what are the odds?

SteelAce
  • SteelAce

PS4 MASTERRACE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Where do they say about if you have alot of space free the install of the play disk will be ok? If this is true I might clear out all mt installed games

sanpreet
  • sanpreet

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

chana saga get got not in hardrive no but to ok

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

the drivings too damn unrealistic!

MOGGYASAURUS
  • MOGGYASAURUS

Trick

• Members

I have to admit I've never heard or, nor seen footage of, a 360 with a lot of free space running the game with noticeably less issues than if it was close to full capacity. I have 30GB free from a 120GB HDD. But I can't really imagine it would be an issue as people with 60GB models and the bare minimum of free space available (8GB) would be screwed! 

SteelAce
  • SteelAce

PS4 MASTERRACE

• Members
  • United-States

chana saga get got not in hardrive no but to ok

tumblr_mbqllpXK5W1rqmsumo1_500.gif

Bowman_
  • Bowman_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

From some previous articles I've read relating to this issue, most seem to be in concern for the smaller storage Xbox. Do all the same issues still stand for the Xbox with the 250gb HDD too? As in, will I still need a flash drive with separate installs even if I have way more than enough empty space on the xbox hdd? Still trying to understand this issue. Thanks.

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

From some previous articles I've read relating to this issue, most seem to be in concern for the smaller storage Xbox. Do all the same issues still stand for the Xbox with the 250gb HDD too? As in, will I still need a flash drive with separate installs even if I have way more than enough empty space on the xbox hdd? Still trying to understand this issue. Thanks.

EnragedGamer had his game installed on an Xbox and I didn't notice any popup issues when watching his videos. He only said there were minor framerate issues when piloting the sub on the surface of the water but that was it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users