Quantcast

» «
Photo

In your opinion, which game should Rockstar tackle next?

94 replies to this topic
make total annoy
  • make total annoy

tilgi dem ikke; de vet hvad de gjør!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:36 PM Edited by jaysteels, 07 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

No more max payne! MP3 Wrapped it up so well- Though maybe, one where that mafia guy from hoboken needs to be taken out.

Also, a GTA set in the past (late 1960s up til 1999) would be great

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

i'd like a GTA set in the past or, future,like GTA 2 

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Seems like GTA VI is next on the pipeline. Lezlie The Benz is already talking about ideas for future GTA's. I think the game is already in development. Once the majority of work was done on GTA V, I believe the devs went into next GTA mode. I believe we are prob 3 months into planning and maybe Aaron Garbut is now toying with mapping tools for the next gen. A story could be already in the writing stages and possibly ped dialogue might start soon.

Reaper Madness
  • Reaper Madness

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Bully 2. I wasn't intrigued before but now I am, ever since Sam or Dan ( do not remember which ) said they have a lot of ideas for it. 

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Seems like GTA VI is next on the pipeline. Lezlie The Benz is already talking about ideas for future GTA's. I think the game is already in development. Once the majority of work was done on GTA V, I believe the devs went into next GTA mode. I believe we are prob 3 months into planning and maybe Aaron Garbut is now toying with mapping tools for the next gen. A story could be already in the writing stages and possibly ped dialogue might start soon.

Next on the pipeline? You seriously think Rockstar's next game is GTA VI? Come on, nobody got no time for that!

Bat1
  • Bat1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

I think it's time to tackle the prohibition era.  A game with Jack Marston acting as a kind of John Dillinger, a roaming bank robber encountering various criminals and characters would make me extremely happy.  R* could integrate everything good from GTA and RDR, it's a perfect series bridge.  

If not that, I'd love the origin story of young John Marston, falling in with the gang all the way up til getting shot.  Lots of cool moments to be had there, acquiring his hat, his scar, etc. Alternatively, a game starring Landon Rickets would be cool.  

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hands down the next instalment of Red Dead, Redemption was the single best game I have ever played. I just hope they keep the same formula RDR used, with the darker story, 1 protagonist, two countries and various regions, a lot of typical cowboy landscape.. Basically I want RDR with updated graphics a new map, a new story and some new features.

• Stephan90 and Shah Sam like this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm still interested in seeing Agent finally release, I have a feeling that game has been permanently put on hold though.
Otherwise I'd like to see R* tone down the physics a little and release another Bully game that is much more arcade fun oriented like R*'s older titles. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

I think it's about time we got another Bully game.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

It's got to be Bully 2 or AGENT. The next RDR might come after.

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

Red Dead Revolver is RDR 1, RDR 2 is Red Dead Redemption...

Anyyyyways, I would much rather see a Bully 2 then RDR 3, RDR is still relatively as it's just 3 years old, Bully's been out for over 7 years now, it needs a sequel dammit!  

• Street Mix likes this

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by Stephan123, 11 October 2013 - 05:14 PM.

Hands down the next instalment of Red Dead, Redemption was the single best game I have ever played. I just hope they keep the same formula RDR used, with the darker story, 1 protagonist, two countries and various regions, a lot of typical cowboy landscape.. Basically I want RDR with updated graphics a new map, a new story and some new features.

Yes! I really think they should have done a DLC that continues the story of Jack Marston rather than a Zobie DLC.

But now they should make a whole new western game. my wishes for it would be:

- set during the Indian wars in the mid or late 19th century

- Indian attacks against the white people and the other way around

- more focus on the wood and mountain areas + lakes and swamps

- more animals species and animals of the same species in different sizes

- the ability to swim and dive

- an own dog

- boats

- digging out treassures

- robbing people

- robbing post stagecoaches and trains

- hanging people

- derailing trains

- blowing up safes in banks

- riding cows and buffaloes

- divert hungry animals with throwing food

- new weapons: saber, bow and arrow, crossbow, spear...

- a couple of mighty forts, which are still used by the military

- a big prison with guard dogs that do not bark only

- one or more larger caves with bears, treassures, skeletons

- realistic dust cloud effects and trails while riding

- random brawls in saloons, where people throw chairs, bottles etc.

- fata morganas when being too long in the sun without water

- dying from the cold when wandering too long through the mountains (should be quite some time)

- snow avalanches

- sand storms

- walking against a cactus does damage to player or his horse

- getting poisoned by snakes

- missions with complicated riddles

- being part of the police, military, gang or an Indian tribe

- buying properties, businesses like saloons or farms, coaches

and so much more = epic game

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by Vorpax, 11 October 2013 - 10:13 PM.

I'm not interested in anything else from R* outside of GTA franchise! And now it seems i'm not interested in GTA franchise as well, given how disappointing and not that improving since GTAIV it turned out to be! (Yes! Thats how i feel, so cry me a river or something i don't care!)...I used to love Max Payne franchise before R* got their dirty hands on it! I loved first MP game, and sequel didn't turn out to be that bad either (just not as good as first one, but still acceptable and enjoyable!)...

Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Manhunt 3 (f*ck Agent). Then a Bully 2 after that. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long, long time before we see another GTA, so Rockstar had better still give us our open world fix.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

Bully 2

I'm replaying Bully at the moment (first I played 2006, PS2 version) now I'm playing Bully Scholarship Edition on PC. Bully is my favorite game of all time, not just from Rockstar but from all. I hope Bully 2 is coming next.

• Street Mix likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Manhunt 3 (f*ck Agent). Then a Bully 2 after that. I have a feeling it's gonna be a long, long time before we see another GTA, so Rockstar had better still give us our open world fix.

Manhunt 3 in modern day Mexico with Cartels and such would be amazing.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

I'm not interested in anything else from R* outside of GTA franchise! And now it seems i'm not interested in GTA franchise as well, given how disappointing and not that improving since GTAIV it turned out to be! (Yes! Thats how i feel, so cry me a river or something i don't care!)...I used to love Max Payne franchise before R* got their dirty hands on it! I loved first MP game, and sequel didn't turn out to be that bad either (just not as good as first one, but still acceptable and enjoyable!)...

You are such a typical idiot like the majority of this forum that you dont deserve to breath

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

Bully 2

I'm replaying Bully at the moment (first I played 2006, PS2 version) now I'm playing Bully Scholarship Edition on PC. Bully is my favorite game of all time, not just from Rockstar but from all. I hope Bully 2 is coming next.

I can almost guarantee you Bully 2 is the next game from Rockstar, maybe even before AGENT.

• Street Mix likes this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by Street Mix, 26 October 2013 - 06:58 PM.

Everyone who says that Bully was awful or s**t should quit gaming for good.

Bully 2 of course.

Besides R* SD contributed a lot for GTA 5 so they won't be able to release anything in 2014-16.

• lh1 likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Everyone who says that Bully was awful or s**t should quit gaming for good.

Bully 2 of course.

Besides R* SD contributed a lot for GTA 5 so they won't be able to release anything in 2014-16.

This and the fact that RR gained the same priority level as GTA basically tells you they won't release it annually, basically it's either going to be RD after next GTA or next GTA after RD.

As for the Bully part, I really love Bully, it brings some nostalgic moments about my childhood (in a way of course).

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

First of all, the chances for Bully 2 being the next Rockstar game are slimmer than the chances for Red Dead 3 or Agent being the next ones. In a November 2011 interview about Max Payne 3, Dan Houser mentioned: "You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully", which means Bully 2 development process most probably started just after Max Payne 3, not during.

Secondly, San Diego are absolutely capable of releasing something in 2014-2015. They haven't "contributed a lot for GTA V" since all they did was handling and the desert section of the map. If you use a bit of your logic and memory, you know they managed to release Midnight Club: Los Angeles in 2008 and Red Dead Redemption in 2010. That's only two years disparity between those two big titles. Anything new coming from San Diego might come out sooner than we think, whether that's Red Dead 3 or a new IP.

And, to make it clear for some people, Midnight Club is temporarily disbanded. We won't see any MCs in the near future. Sorry.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:45 AM Edited by Street Mix, 27 October 2013 - 09:16 AM.

It didn't even have any copy protection software, which is quite surprising, and it was so different compared to any other game... 

Because it was a port of a 2-year old past gen game. R* haven't even announced it properly. Just confirmed on a Gamescom that PC version is coming and then again confirmed (or announced) via newsletter.

If you use a bit of your logic and memory, you know they managed to release Midnight Club: Los Angeles in 2008 and Red Dead Redemption in 2010.

And in 2000s they managed to release a game every year. Times are changing. Development's harder now and more time-consuming.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

I want Rockstar to make a game based on Mad Max 2 (The Road Warrior). Something between the dystopian future of the Fallout series and the run and gun of Grand Theft Auto. Just wishful thinking.

Realistically, Manhunt on next gen would be fantastic.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Bully 2! No more Red Dead or Max Payne for a while! 

RDR just came out and so did MP3!

Us bully fans have waited since 2006 for a sequel. 

If not, Id like to see R* start a new IP instead. Maybe a survival horror series? Open World zombie horror mayhem on the Rage Engine on PS4,XBone and PC! That would be killer!

What RDR came out like 3 f*cking years ago man, I bet San Diego are working on a new one right now

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:58 AM Edited by lh1, 27 October 2013 - 08:58 AM.

First of all, the chances for Bully 2 being the next Rockstar game are slimmer than the chances for Red Dead 3 or Agent being the next ones. In a November 2011 interview about Max Payne 3, Dan Houser mentioned: "You can do Max, and then we will see what we can do with Bully", which means Bully 2 development process most probably started just after Max Payne 3, not during.

Secondly, San Diego are absolutely capable of releasing something in 2014-2015. They haven't "contributed a lot for GTA V" since all they did was handling and the desert section of the map. If you use a bit of your logic and memory, you know they managed to release Midnight Club: Los Angeles in 2008 and Red Dead Redemption in 2010. That's only two years disparity between those two big titles. Anything new coming from San Diego might come out sooner than we think, whether that's Red Dead 3 or a new IP.

And, to make it clear for some people, Midnight Club is temporarily disbanded. We won't see any MCs in the near future. Sorry.

I am sorry to say but just no, Rockstar has been mentioning Bully 2 for a while with the most recent just being in September 2013, and none has been mentioned about next Red Dead, Noire, Manhunt nor AGENT at all.

Well they did at least according to the Credits found on GTA V Manual, they're listed as the second development studio after Rockstar North in order.

That was before the Rockstar Wives issue. Not to mention the Undead Nightmare was actually released in October 2011.

The only Rockstar studios that have yet to contribute a lot to a title since 2011 are Rockstar Leeds and Rockstar New England and since Rockstar Leeds actually developed the PC version of L.A. Noire in 2011, I would say it might be sometime before we hear anything from them, so that left us with Rockstar New England which has reportedly beng working on on a "new version of a famous IP"

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:14 PM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 27 October 2013 - 11:15 PM.

To clear some sh*t up for the little nut noobs...

Red Dead Revolver = RDR

Red Dead Redemption = RDR 2

Next Red Dead = RDR 3

OnTopic: Next-gen Table Tennis. Anyone with me? :panic:

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I would love to see RDR in the middle of the wild west. Dense forests, large snowy mountains and bows & arrows. Could even continue the multiple protags with a Native American/cowboy storyline similar to the original Red Dead.

I don't even mind if it's borderline cliche, just something that feels captures the feeling of an old western movie.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

Again, I believe Bully 2 is what Rockstar announces as their next, first next-gen game.

I also believe they announce it before the end of this year!

Bully 2, yeah!

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

They might announce it somewhere around December/January. There's a chance in that!

VileClown
  • VileClown

Terrible In Terra-Belle

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Bully 2. Oh my god, this game needs a sequel desperately. It was extremely unique to me, somehow. Maybe it was the way the story progressed with the seasons, maybe it was the way all of the pedestrians had names and you wouldn't see the same person twice. Or maybe it was the amazing music, optional objectives with great rewards, the story, or gameplay. Either way, Bully 2 needs to be made, it'd be a shame if Rockstar just gave up on such an amazing concept.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users