Flight school bug

42 replies to this topic
KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Alright, friend of mine found this bug with the flight school.

He's playing a PS3 version

Here's the deal - Possible spoilers ahead

At some point of the history, Trevor calls Michael telling him to improve their flight skills at the flight school, because later they will need Michael to do some air assistance on a heist.

The flight school are open since the beginning of the game. Thing is, if you complete the flight school BEFORE Trevor tells you to do it, the later call from Trevor WON'T HAPPEN, and the heist preparation couldn't be started at all.

Just a heads up, do not go for the pilot license too early people...

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

At some point of the history, Trevor calls Michael telling him to improve their flight skills at the flight school, because later they will need Michael to do some air assistance on a heist.

The flight school are open since the beginning of the game. Thing is, if you complete the flight school BEFORE Trevor tells you to do it, the later call from Trevor WON'T HAPPEN, and the heist preparation couldn't be started at all.

Hmm, and just driving to a marker isn't an option? They must have thought about this right?

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Seriously? Well, thanks for the tip if true! That's a huge bug.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

@Karoi, I don't know.

And it seems like some guy on Kotaku reported the same bug

http://kotaku.com/gr...view-1324730770

It's one the first comments

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for posting. I didn't do the school because I hate that sh*t but now I have too blegh!

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

is flying easier in 5 then it was in sa i can fly for s**t in sa i had to get a friend to help me in learning to fly 

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

And some say a day one patch wont happen. This sounds like quite a game breaking bug, the sort of thing that Day one patches are for.

rivalary
  • rivalary

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:16 AM Edited by rivalary, 18 September 2013 - 06:35 AM.

I've run into this bug. I did the flight school as Michael and then started the second heist preparations. In now at the part where Trevor orders Michael to go to flight school to put some time in. I went back to the flight school and redid three of the lessons. Still, the heist will not progress. I tried calling Trevor but it rings busy. I'm not sure what to do. My save game may be stuck until Rockstar decides to patch.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Good to know, Thank you.

v1r
  • v1r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

got the call from Trevor

went to complete Flight School

completed

then nothing

now im stuck

only got this save and an old one at 1.8% so im f*cked

irish-sid
  • irish-sid

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

f*ck, I did the school last night even I first noticed the symbol as Trevor. Fml

v1r
  • v1r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Alright so what is supposed to happen after Trevor calls you and after you do the flight school?

Cause i got no icons on my map other than a few "?"'s so no guidance of what im gonna do

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Well like I always do, I complete the story missions first before heading off to do side activities.  I recommend all of you do the same instead of risking another gamebreaking bug.

kizzzr
  • kizzzr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

ive got the same problem :/, didnt get any message from Trevor and now i cant do anything :( someone help please :)

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Luckily I did the flight school as Franklin and not Michael!

cloudinfluence
  • cloudinfluence

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Did he find out how to fix this? I have this problem but not with the flight school, with the step afterwards where Trevor tells Franklin to go to the shooting range and I can't do anything at all.

ian_t000
  • ian_t000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

Does anyone know if this only happens when you've fully completed the flight school? I have a save file where I'm 80% done with flight school so I'm hoping I'm fine.

JonFox
  • JonFox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Has any one found a solution, i did the fly school as michael just before the trevor missions and now nothing is happening and the game is pretty much stuck until rockstar does something, i've switched to all characters and waited and still nothing is happening, also when ringing trevor after flight school it says he's busy

kizzzr
  • kizzzr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

still no solution :/ been stuck on this since last night :( 

JonFox
  • JonFox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Its annoying cause if Rockstar don't patch then there's just no way of completing the Game :(

svenbesje
  • svenbesje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

Its annoying cause if Rockstar don't patch then there's just no way of completing the Game :(

Ofcouse they will patch it but has anyone actually contacted Rockstar about it yet? They can't fix it if they don't know whats going on..

JonFox
  • JonFox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Ofcouse they will patch it but has anyone actually contacted Rockstar about it yet? They can't fix it if they don't know whats going on..

I've tweeted them and contacted there support but there's been no replies yet, its a pain though all my mates have overtook me on single player haha

svenbesje
  • svenbesje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

I've tweeted them and contacted there support but there's been no replies yet, its a pain though all my mates have overtook me on single player haha

Haha yeah I understand, I have done the pilot school before the mission but I am not stuck yet, what mission am I supposed to get stuck on?

JonFox
  • JonFox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Haha yeah I understand, I have done the pilot school before the mission but I am not stuck yet, what mission am I supposed to get stuck on?

Its meant to be one where Trevor will tell Michael and Franklin to improve there flying and shooting skills but I've just left my Xbox 1 hour and Trevor has just been given the option to steal a submarine so i'm gonna do that now and see what happens, Hopefully the game might not be broken Lol

kizzzr
  • kizzzr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

RIGHT! after 6 hours or trying to find out what to do, i just did ALL side missions for trevor and franklin and then steve phoned me when i was playing as michael !!! finally!

pretty bad bug tho :/

svenbesje
  • svenbesje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

RIGHT! after 6 hours or trying to find out what to do, i just did ALL side missions for trevor and franklin and then steve phoned me when i was playing as michael !!! finally!

Hey, are you absolutely sure that solves the problem?

cloudinfluence
  • cloudinfluence

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Does this definitely work?

Ibepanda
  • Ibepanda

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

I was having the same issue, but you also have to go to the shooting range with Franklin for the same mission. Haven't done it yet to see what happens, but I have a good feeling that'll do it.

cloudinfluence
  • cloudinfluence

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

I was having the same issue, but you also have to go to the shooting range with Franklin for the same mission. Haven't done it yet to see what happens, but I have a good feeling that'll do it.

I tried that myself but no luck.

MolokoBar
  • MolokoBar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

GUYS>>>>> i have contacted rockstar and you should all do the same.... last night no body else had reported it and they will not fix it if no one else complains to them...... i have put in a ticket you all need to do the same....i called them and was only on hold for like 10 mins   

For Support in the US
Self-Help Knowledge-Base: http://support.rocks...es.com/hc/en-us
Phone: 1-866-922-8694, available 24 hours
Submit a Request: http://support.rocks...us/requests/new

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users