Photo

LOVE the new driving

32 replies to this topic
AzzyRed
  • AzzyRed

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

I've owned the game for about 4 hours, mainly spent easily driving around in awe of the city and I for one, absolutely LOVE the new driving. It feels a lot more responsive and a lot more realistic. I have no idea what everyone was whinging about. It's easily twice as good as IV, and same goes with the motorbikes. A lot more realistic. 

As for the damage, again, a big improvement from IV. Even minor rear-endings will cause your front bumper to hang off or your hood dent up. 

Prime example of when people whinge and complain before they have even played the game.

I know the rest of the world will be slowly getting it and I hope you all enjoy it just as much as I am. I am truly blown away by everything I've seen and done so far. 

• natsamson, yonatan755, Omniverse087 and 2 others like this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hey, didn't you know it's NOT trendy to like the new driving mechanics?

dethbiker
  • dethbiker

basketball and heavy metal.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

This forum got filled with haters. Let's hope they change their minds once they actually play the damn game.

• natsamson and Omniverse087 like this

Victor Sulivan
  • Victor Sulivan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Be serious, there is more than enough video's to prove that the driving is a big step back from GTA IV in most ways; cars going 200mph round sharp corners, Bikes stopping from being flatout in a second, A faggio racing up mount chiliad, a bike being pushed backwards up a very steep slope. There doesn't seem to look like there is much weight to the cars or anything really.

As for the damage system, is someways it looks alot better and in some areas not so good. I hope I am wrong and making a tit of myself but I just get the feeling I'll be disappointed with the driving tomorrow.

AzzyRed
  • AzzyRed

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

The whole purpose of this thread was to be serious. Videos on the internet prove nothing. Wait until you've got the controller in your hand. V is better than IV in literally every aspect. 

Be serious, there is more than enough video's to prove that the driving is a big step back from GTA IV in most ways; cars going 200mph round sharp corners, Bikes stopping from being flatout in a second, A faggio racing up mount chiliad, a bike being pushed backwards up a very steep slope. There doesn't seem to look like there is much weight to the cars or anything really.

As for the damage system, is someways it looks alot better and in some areas not so good. I hope I am wrong and making a tit of myself but I just get the feeling I'll be disappointed with the driving tomorrow.

• Omniverse087 and BaMxIrelandx like this

Angelus031
  • Angelus031

I like turtles

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I've owned the game for about 4 hours, mainly spent easily driving around in awe of the city and I for one, absolutely LOVE the new driving. It feels a lot more responsive and a lot more realistic. I have no idea what everyone was whinging about. It's easily twice as good as IV, and same goes with the motorbikes. A lot more realistic. 

As for the damage, again, a big improvement from IV. Even minor rear-endings will cause your front bumper to hang off or your hood dent up. 

Prime example of when people whinge and complain before they have even played the game.

I know the rest of the world will be slowly getting it and I hope you all enjoy it just as much as I am. I am truly blown away by everything I've seen and done so far. 

I have to ask one thing though, as an impartial observer: How much experience have you had with driving cars and riding motrcycles in real life?

twigs2001
  • twigs2001

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by twigs2001, 16 September 2013 - 06:33 PM.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game, but any credibility for your post went out of the window when you said the same goes for motorbikes, every single motorbike in gta v lacks suspension, the sanchez feels the same to drive as a god damn faggio and handles the same on sand as they do on pavement, some how i think that is not more realistic, it renders different types of motorcycle useless, sanchez should excel on offroading and it doesn't.

AzzyRed
  • AzzyRed

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

I have to ask one thing though, as an impartial observer: How much experience have you had with driving cars and riding motrcycles in real life?

I've had my drivers license for 6 years and a motorcycle license for about 5 months. Admittedly, I've only ridden one motorcycle in the game (a repo mission with Franklin) and in comparison to IV, it just felt a lot better to control. We're all going to have different opinions, I'm just sharing mine.

natsamson
  • natsamson

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Here is what I have to say, if it's got wheels, use them and dont complain lol. Great to hear a good opinion on the physics though OP

• Omniverse087 likes this

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Lalalalala lala la la.

Frederiiico.

Lolz. Germany know what Imma talking ya ya.

I belive driving is ok... I only need to drive by my self.

adrien1988
  • adrien1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

(did you know bikes now come with a winch attached on the back? it's so awesome! you can climb a vertical wall backwards on a bike!!!) (+ the winch is transparent)

• boxmonster likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

You Cockstar fanboys are easily impressed.

JUst kidding.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Come on bro, it's not cool to like the new driving mechanics. You're supposed to hate on it cause it's a "step back"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: . Just kidding lol, glad you're enjoying it :)

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Ikr? Ive been playing the game for about 3 hours and the driving is such an improvement... its so fun and fluid.

I just like it ALOT more then the GTA IV... and i LOVED the GTA IV driving cause it was challenging.

Fidel Cashflow
  • Fidel Cashflow

Player Hater

• Members

The whole purpose of this thread was to be serious. Videos on the internet prove nothing. Wait until you've got the controller in your hand. V is better than IV in literally every aspect. 

It doesn't matter if the controller is in your hands or not. The driving should not allow you to go up Mt. Chiliad on a Faggio. You should not be able to accelerate at the rate of a dragster. And you shouldnt be able to turn corners at insane speeds. Me playing the game myself won't change those physics. Thats what he's talking about.

• boxmonster likes this

suicidehummer
  • suicidehummer

This post will self destruct in 3... 2... 1...

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Obviously nobody can know how the cars handle until they play, but anyone with eyes can see the damage is dumbed down. This discredits the OP as far as I'm concerned.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Describe Franklin's special ability OP

BFR579
  • BFR579

"Till things are brighter, I'm the man in black."

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Glad that people seem to like the driving once they get to play the game, hopefully I'll feel the same way.

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

i know its a game but car handling in GTA 5 is bad and motorcykle handling is very bad.......stopping from 150 mph to 0 in 1 sec .....lol...sorry...lol

adrien1988
  • adrien1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

franklin is awesome. He can shoot a transparent harpoon to the road corner and hold the rope with his hand. in that way he uses the centrifugal force to avoid loosing any speed when cornering!!! its really awesome, he's the fastest motherf*cker in the game!

• Udrift likes this

uboaaaa
  • uboaaaa

I'm afraid we've reached an impasse.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

I've been playing V for a few hours now, by far the best driving physics in the entire series.

Eddie Dean
  • Eddie Dean

Addict

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm almost starting to think R* trolled all the illegal earlies. Everyone who's not pirated the game loves it and everyone who has or has only watched doesnt.

Zaytsev
  • Zaytsev

Dem n00bs

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Been playing for couple hours and i have to agree with OP.

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

i told you the city wasnt going 2 "come alive" until the OFFICIAL release. i said this the other day in my "hypothetically speaking" thread. search it. i kind of figured rockstar had more in store 4 those of us who patiently waited 4 the official release. thanks rockstar. great minds think alike.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

i told you the city wasnt going 2 "come alive" until the OFFICIAL release. i said this the other day in my "hypothetically speaking" thread. search it. i kind of figured rockstar had more in store 4 those of us who patiently waited 4 the official release. thanks rockstar. great minds think alike.

what the f*ck are you talking about? The people who got it early got the exact same thing.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

what the f*ck are you talking about? The people who got it early got the exact same thing.

In terms of physics and handling I agree but some stuff is blocked ingame and is only unlocked through the internet on the 17 september (like property purchasing) at least that's what everyone is saying

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

I was surprised that a guy was able to drive a 4 door to the top of chilliad. The dirt path really wouldn't allow it on a traction basis alone.

ItsClipZz
  • ItsClipZz

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

ive been playing 3 hours, and i hate the driving. its ok, its far too easy though and you cant do cool drifts or skids at all.. also the graphics are choppy, like LA Nior, makes my eyes hurt, the game looks amazing when your walking, but feels like a diffrent game when your driving.. i would of liked to have the driving just the same as IV , or to make others happy , in the middle of IV and V .. a little sad with the driving. but they have put effort into the story.. just seems to me free roam in this will be dull when the games done

NotTroll
  • NotTroll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

most people who complain dont have the game and just watching streaming :panic:

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

I was surprised that a guy was able to drive a 4 door to the top of chilliad. The dirt path really wouldn't allow it on a traction basis alone.

Do you mean 4 wheeler? I saw the craziest video of a four wheeler going up one of the steepest hills I have ever seen. That being said, I can't wait to try the new driving for myself, it's basically why I play the game to drive around.

I'm gonna be driving around this game for the next 6 years, mostly in the backcountry and drifting. I didn't like IV. That 4 wheeler did some magical stuff though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users