Quantcast

» «
Photo

Disc 2 install on USB Drive - Fixes pop in!

143 replies to this topic
blackoudan
  • blackoudan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

its  a  pirate copy. not the real game haha

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Oh.. than I have no idea sorry

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Go buy it like everyone else...

gtahoss
  • gtahoss

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

Thanks for this info.

Will get game at the midnight release in 2 hours, got a 16gig Kingston G3 stick that I will use for this.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:13 AM Edited by ZeeKid2k10, 17 September 2013 - 02:14 AM.

Can I installed first disc on Xbox 360

and Second disc on this usb i have

61GoddTxzIL.png

gtahoss
  • gtahoss

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

yes that is what you do.

TheTacoWhoWasntThere
  • TheTacoWhoWasntThere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Can I installed first disc on Xbox 360

and Second disc on this usb i have

61GoddTxzIL.png

I know Grand Theft Auto V has an 8 GB mandatory install. If I want to install the Play Disc too, through Xbox Home (dashboard), is that possible?

For optimal performance, we recommend only installing the Install Disc, and not also installing the Play Disc to the Xbox 360 Hard Drive or USB drive via Xbox Home (dashboard).  You will be prompted to install the Install Disc the first time you boot the game.

Bathplug
  • Bathplug

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

So does the ps3 version play fine with the install on the hard drive?

Agd_Scorp
  • Agd_Scorp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

I installed GTA 5 Disc 1 into the HDD, and the Disc 2 into my Kingston 20GB USB Drive, when I try to bootup Disc 2 from my USB, it says "Please insert disc to play" - god. is there any way to play GTA 5 Disc 2 from USB without getting this damn error? I've seen Digital Foundry running GTA 5 from USB. :/

Spartas Edge
  • Spartas Edge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:05 AM Edited by Spartas Edge, 20 September 2013 - 09:16 AM.

what pop up issue?

show me some proof that backs up all of your theories otherwise im calling bs on this one

pix or it didnt happen

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=v0gPB0gdoOM

wow seriously. the xbox sucks lol 

so glad i have a ps3

i feel sorry for all you guys lol

Actually this is a good thing that gives the 360 version the edge, i'll explain. The game is designed to stream from two different sources simultasniously for maximum performance. Its great that the disk version of the game allows this(downloaded versions wont, as it can only read it all from the one source, the hard disk). Reading from two sources at the same time is a great idea for a game this big & with so much going on in it. Think of it as using two hands instead of one.. The fact that the 360 allows you to play the seconf disk from a USB drive as an option is an even better option to playing it from the disk for various reasons(Disk drive noise & wear being two). The game may even perform better, due to the fast read speed that USB sticks can offer. So its fair to say that the 360(physical)version using the HD & USB combo is arguably the optimum way to run the game. As long as its a fast USB stick(15 Mbps or over speed ideally).

Spartas Edge
  • Spartas Edge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Then we have no sympathy. As someone else said, go out & buy the game like the rest of us, thereby giving the money to the people that deserve it & worked so hard to bring us such a fantastic game.

CyberOps
  • CyberOps

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

I installed GTA 5 Disc 1 into the HDD, and the Disc 2 into my Kingston 20GB USB Drive, when I try to bootup Disc 2 from my USB, it says "Please insert disc to play" - god. is there any way to play GTA 5 Disc 2 from USB without getting this damn error? I've seen Digital Foundry running GTA 5 from USB. :/

Got the same problem, hope someone knows how to do this

MaizeG
  • MaizeG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

http://www.pbtech.co...ve-up-to-80MBs- Is this okay for it?

ArcaneKnight
  • ArcaneKnight

Unf*ckwitable

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

I installed both discs to my 360 120gb elite model. I'm not having any issues and I'm accustomed to whatever small nuances it may have caused in regards to how the game runs.

You all got way too technical with this sh*t without any significant background proof to your alls claims that doing this is a necessity to prevent rrod. Seriously you all are stressing people out about this sh*t. The game just came out nobody knows what is the optimal solution yet, just a whole lot of speculation.

I am about to go back and play it off the disc for the time being though until r* releases another statement on the matter. Nerds on here have people doing the most right now.

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

It's simple.
Install disc 1 to hard drive and disc 2 to USB

Or other way around... Perhaps could be better.
It'll always be better than installing both to HDD or using one from the disc drive

Spartas Edge
  • Spartas Edge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

I installed both discs to my 360 120gb elite model. I'm not having any issues and I'm accustomed to whatever small nuances it may have caused in regards to how the game runs.

You all got way too technical with this sh*t without any significant background proof to your alls claims that doing this is a necessity to prevent rrod. Seriously you all are stressing people out about this sh*t. The game just came out nobody knows what is the optimal solution yet, just a whole lot of speculation.

I am about to go back and play it off the disc for the time being though until r* releases another statement on the matter. Nerds on here have people doing the most right now.

There is an optimal solution, which is as follows..

Install the mandatory install(Disk One)to the hard drive(in game, not from the XBL dash), and install disk 2(The play disk)to a USB stick that has a memory of 16gigs(to be safe) and a read speed of 15 Mbps or above.

Your right, it is a bit of a fiasco, but i blame Rockstar. They really should have cleared all this up in detail 'before' the game came out, in my opinion, not after.

As for the proof regarding performance issues if you play both disks from the same source..

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:22 AM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 20 September 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Use the Xbox 360 licensed USB drive. It haves 16 gigs. I installed the disk 1 only. Runs fine. No pop ins
I am using a VGA cable though. Still the graphs are insane.

mdmatze
  • mdmatze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

USB HDDs won't work. XBOX can only handle usb flashdrives up to 16GB

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

USB HDDs won't work. XBOX can only handle usb flashdrives up to 16GB

Well 2 things.....
You would only need 1 extra drive. Use the Xbox HDD to install one disc and a USB stick/drive for disc 2

And unless I'm mistaken, Microsoft changed it to allow 32gb of USB attached space last year did they not?? And even if you had no internal drive, I know it's a pain but just buy 2 USB sticks with 16gb each and you'll be fine.

You can buy 2 adequate 16gb sticks for less than 20 quid in total.

Jamarad
  • Jamarad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I've downloaded disc to a usb but it's stills asking for the disc to be put in? Help please?

Gunjahfarma
  • Gunjahfarma

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

damn so i cant use my usb 3.0 drive 1 tb ? thats mad, i only got a 8 gb stick... is 8 gb enough for the play disk?

CyberOps
  • CyberOps

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

I've downloaded disc to a usb but it's stills asking for the disc to be put in? Help please?

Same problem, it's a anti piracy protection, but I'm more wondering will it really playof the usb instead of the disc as the disc still needs to be in, how does the game know it's on a usb. First time I ever installed a game on a USB.

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Same problem, it's a anti piracy protection, but I'm more wondering will it really playof the usb instead of the disc as the disc still needs to be in, how does the game know it's on a usb. First time I ever installed a game on a USB.

Ohhhhhh come on.

X360 treats any peripheral drives the same as internal hard drive space. It doesn't care. It remembers where you installed something and reads data from it.

And also.... Er..... Just listen for the disc drive to go quiet? Kind of a big giveaway.

CyberOps
  • CyberOps

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thanks just made the move to a usb install and it works exactly like you said

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users