Photo

If You Have An XBOX360 - READ THIS !

175 replies to this topic
Spliffpanda
  • Spliffpanda

One weed to rule them all

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

My game has pop-ups and low quality textures and I haven't installed the "Play"-disc. Any ideas?

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

My game has pop-ups and low quality textures and I haven't installed the "Play"-disc. Any ideas?

I had this problem when I started the game and suddenly it alleviated.  Old Elite, I considered uninstalling and reinstalling the entire thing.  Might work, I also tried adjusting the display settings but that only seemed to make things work.  What finally worked, and I know its weird, was I turned off my console and went to pick up my kids from school, I was gone for 40 minutes.  When I came back, everything worked fine.  I also unplugged the console, I work in IT and you would be surprised how often this works.

suckmydickrockstar
  • suckmydickrockstar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

well rockstar, my game doesn't even f*cking work without installing it. so guess what? i'm f*cking installing it bitch.

and if that doesn't work, which it probably won't, i'm going to take the game out and defecate all over your prize game.

Blackfalcon128
  • Blackfalcon128

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

Well after 3 days of fighting with my xbox to get this game to work, I have finally gave up. My xbox is just too old and well used to handle the awesomeness that is GTA V. Its very unfortunate as I love the franchise and It's killing me that I am unable to play it. I have tried all options and the most game time i can get is 35 - 40 mins before it freezes. 

Fixes Attempted: 1. Deleted and re-installation of "Disk 1" 4 times.

2. Vacuumed the disk drive

3. Clearing of the cache multiple times

4. Swapping for a new copy of GTA

5. Purchased a 16GB flash drive, Installed both Disks (Disk 1 on HDD, Play Disk on Flash Drive)

and vice versa

the only conclusion is that my console is too old, guess ill have to wait for my XboxOne on the 22nd of Nov, hopefully GTA 5 will be re-released on too it. 

.JimmyHopkins.
  • .JimmyHopkins.

"We die alone, but we live among men."

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Well after 3 days of fighting with my xbox to get this game to work, I have finally gave up. My xbox is just too old and well used to handle the awesomeness that is GTA V. Its very unfortunate as I love the franchise and It's killing me that I am unable to play it. I have tried all options and the most game time i can get is 35 - 40 mins before it freezes. 

Fixes Attempted: 1. Deleted and re-installation of "Disk 1" 4 times.

2. Vacuumed the disk drive

3. Clearing of the cache multiple times

4. Swapping for a new copy of GTA

5. Purchased a 16GB flash drive, Installed both Disks (Disk 1 on HDD, Play Disk on Flash Drive)

and vice versa

the only conclusion is that my console is too old, guess ill have to wait for my XboxOne on the 22nd of Nov, hopefully GTA 5 will be re-released on too it. 

Do you have the original Xbox with no HDMI ?

Blackfalcon128
  • Blackfalcon128

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

Yeah, No HDMI, 2006, Xbox 360

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by purplebunny, 21 September 2013 - 07:13 PM.

Posted this in another thread -

Registered just to let you people know it's not just 'old' 360s. Sent this to R* support -

To whom this may concern,

I have recently purchased GTAV and find it unplayable due to freezing, pop-in, blurred textures, and a number of other graphical/technical issues. I have a new slim Xbox 360 and have followed the instructions you have set out. I have swapped the disc at my retailer. I have cleared my cache. I have tried playing with both discs installed and with only disc 1 installed. I have searched your support threads and came across this - http://support.rocks...-hardware-issue - and I think it is worth noting that I have both Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire and experience none of the issues listed. I also have many other non-R* games that run without issue.

I am appalled at the sheer amount of glitches in this game. The quality of this game is unacceptable and I would like to know if you are working on a fix for these issues. I will be reporting these issues to several local media outlets and will attempt, through word-of-mouth, to advise fellow consumers of the technical issues in GTAV.

Thank you.

Also, to add to that post, my 360 is a 250GB slim from 2012. The best performance I have got from this game was by installing both discs to HDD, turning off vibration, and clearing the cache before every restart. When it starts to lock up and roads vanish etc I go to dashboard, clear cache, and reload. It's a pain, and the FPS drops and pop-in are still there, but it gets me an extra twenty to thirty minutes of play time.

EDIT: I've also tried playing this on my premium from 2009, my launch model and my brother's elite - all of which suffer from the same issues.

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Posted this in another thread, too.

I've just got off chat with Xbox Support. They advised me this is not an hardware issue and that they have received "a lot complaints about this game" They told me to do this and it worked for me:

1. Delete all GTAV game data.
2. Clear system cache three times.
3. Delete marketplace data from storage system items.
4. Unplug console for three minutes.
5. Install disc 1.
6. Power off, do not insert disc 2.
7. Restart.
8. Install disc 2.
9. Play.

If issues persist repeat steps 1-7 then play from disc 2.

Haven't had to repeat the process yet. Hope that helps some of you.

Gossamer 5150
  • Gossamer 5150

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

I am thinking Purplebunny's post will help folks. My reasoning is I returned my xbox 360 collectors edition and got it for the PS 3. It is the same thing as when I got my generator after the hurricane. My lights went in an hour later. So all you xbox owners. You're welcome.

E5Destroyer
  • E5Destroyer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

So I have a old Xbox 360.

I do not want to fry the thing.

I went and bought a 120 gig HD for the thing to replace the 16 gig It came with.

Now I see I need a flash drive also?

2 questions:

1. Why buy a FD when I am sure Rockstar will have a patch to fix this in a week?

2. If you do buy a FD how do you determine the speed of it? I mean I went to GAMESTOP and Walmart and none of them have the speed of them.. I saw 16 gig, 2.0 but nothing on the read speed.

Freedom035
  • Freedom035

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Well I installed it on my xbox and finished the game and no freaking problems here.

DryBomber5
  • DryBomber5

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

So I have a old Xbox 360.

I do not want to fry the thing.
I went and bought a 120 gig HD for the thing to replace the 16 gig It came with.

Now I see I need a flash drive also?

2 questions:

1. Why buy a FD when I am sure Rockstar will have a patch to fix this in a week?
2. If you do buy a FD how do you determine the speed of it? I mean I went to GAMESTOP and Walmart and none of them have the speed of them.. I saw 16 gig, 2.0 but nothing on the read speed.

Sorry I can't answer your questions but how are you sure there will be a patch?

Groove-Street12
  • Groove-Street12

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:47 AM Edited by Groove-Street12, 22 September 2013 - 08:49 AM.

I've just got off chat with Xbox Support. They advised me this is not an hardware issue and that they have received "a lot complaints about this game" They told me to do this and it worked for me:

1. Delete all GTAV game data.  Also Savegame ?  :panic: 

4. Unplug console for three minutes. Of what , Internet or Power ?

5. Install disc 1. On HDD ?

7. Restart.

8. Install disc 2.  Also on HDD ?

9. Play.

Thanks in advance

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

1. Delete all GTAV game data.  Also Savegame ?  :panic: 

I deleted everything.

4. Unplug console for three minutes. Of what , Internet or Power ? Turn it off and unplug all wires.

5. Install disc 1. On HDD ? Yes.

7. Restart.

8. Install disc 2.  Also on HDD ? Yes.

9. Play.

Thanks in advance

No problem.

This has worked for two other people in here as far as I know, I've been playing for 12+ hours with no issues. This is still a temporary fix and we should be reporting these issues to R* as well as MS and Sony.

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

Asses 2 Asses - Bust 2 Bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I don't know if you guys are installing disc 1 and disc 2, I only did the necessary install of disc 1 to an Xbox360 Slim on a 80gb HDD that I had flashed with with 60gb from trying to mod my Fat Xbox360 and nothing went wrong.

lanier03
  • lanier03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

the second disc includes a self destruct code if a user is too install it on their xbox, thus destroying their game and xbawkes

Not sure about that, mine hasn't yet. If you don't install it, & play for large amounts of time then the tray spinning the whole times cause the XBOX to overheat & freeze up.

• internalmemory likes this

internalmemory
  • internalmemory

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

I NEVER play a game without installing it, regardless.. Unless not installing it causes my Xbox to crap out gold bricks, I'm installing the game. It may drop textures and create more pop ins but it makes the Xbox 360 run ALOT more ungodly cooler and it is much much easier on the Xbox ultimately. Also I have heard many problems with older models of Xbox (Xbox's before 2009) that will cause constant crashes with GTA5 because every few years (little do we the consumer know) but the hardware changed alittle bit by little bit in the console every few years so a First generation console will have technically lower specs than a newer model console.

barterlos
  • barterlos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

hi, ive completed the story on xbox360(Elite Jasper) playing from two HDD's, disc 1 was installed on hdd(WD Blue) connected from the side, disc 2 installed on second hdd(Original 120GB) connected through usb via xbox 360 transfer cable, and zero issue with freezing, bad textures, stuttering, off topic: now i have ps3 version, works really bad, freezing, bad textures, etc...

AsianCho
  • AsianCho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Personally, I don't care.

I could barely notice the difference without reading the text.

E5Destroyer
  • E5Destroyer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Please help me guys!! I got a old xbox it does have the HDMI but it is a white one.
I have been playing the game since release. I average about 2 hours a day playing.

I am worried about frying my disc or xbox. I have read over and over about buying a FD.

I have called GAMESTOP and  ROCKSTAR both said dont worry I am fine.

So my 2-3 questions are:

1. Do I need to worry?

2. How do I know what type of FD to get?

3. I know I need a 16 gig, 2.0. 5mb read speed and Windows on it. But when I go to store NONE of them have the reed speed on them. I was going to go to WALMART today to pick one up but none have read speed on them.

ideas??

Zelyth
  • Zelyth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

I wanna just help you stupid f*cks

Why are you acting like Rockstar Support? Example, you're saying "we" as if there's a whole team of you working on this, and you give the Rockstar Support details? You don't work for Rockstar Games, I don't think. If you did you'd be acting somewhat professional...

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

i've had a coupla incidents [haven't installed disc 2 yet] where vehicles where in front of me then just popped out of existence in-game. 2nd time it happened it saved my neck cos i'd got into trouble somehow whilst i was mooching around the deserted ghost towns [fallout 3 style] of blaine county when red blips popped up and were whooping and shooting at me at night. a tractor i almost hit disappeared tho which allowed me to get away.

so the objects disappearing issue seems to occur from installation from disc 1, too. persoanlly, i don't mind. maybe it's cos i am still using the old style xbox . i've got about 6 HDDs so i don't intend to upgrade unless it's necessary

cheers

MG0902
  • MG0902

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I see this post after a week playing GTA...

I always install my disc on my HDD so i also installed disc2 on my HDD

I'm i missing something because i didn't noiticed anything...

So what problems im i missing?

Can i delete disc2 from my HDD without losing a save game?

Kummitus
  • Kummitus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

I see this post after a week playing GTA...

I always install my disc on my HDD so i also installed disc2 on my HDD

I'm i missing something because i didn't noiticed anything...

So what problems im i missing?

Can i delete disc2 from my HDD without losing a save game? 

You should not lose save's with disc delete. As for whatsthe difference the dark  paint look's awful at night when installed and and some textures like under the bridge etc, but the difference is minor for me. i rather have slightly worse look then wear out the disc and console

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

Installing the play disc will not cause any issues, it just isn't "needed" to play the game.  I install just about every game I play on my xbox.  Installing discs only saves wear and tear on the disc and the disc drive, and also helps to keep your console from not heating up quite as much.  Most of the time it speeds up loading times too, but since GTA 5 came with an install disc, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference for loading speed if you installed the play disc too.

The reason gaming companies tell you "you don't have to install" is for the simple fact that if your play disc gets scratched or wears down and is unreadable, you have to go out and buy a new one.  

trevdaperv
  • trevdaperv

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by trevdaperv, 07 October 2013 - 07:41 AM.

The reason gaming companies tell you "you don't have to install" is for the simple fact that if your play disc gets scratched or wears down and is unreadable, you have to go out and buy a new one.  

That is the most idiotic sh*t I have read this whole year....  :lol: So what was the reason before the installation mechanism was introduced to both consoles hmm ???

Rule of Two
  • Rule of Two

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Having the second disc installed on a hard drive with more than half of its space taken up can significantly reduce performance. The more information you have written on a hard drive the more the hard drive has to read information along the outside of the disc with its spindle. It takes a bit longer to load this information because it's a longer trip around the disc the further out the information is stored.

Sorry if this isn't explained as well as it should be so I hope you guys understand.

ShapelessHorr0r
  • ShapelessHorr0r

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

What is up with this game. My bro wanted to play it first and I think it forced him to install it. Did the patch fix this?

Peck R. Wood
  • Peck R. Wood

rural crime lord & pastor

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

I did what R* suggested and I get the same texture/pop-ups issues shown in the video!
Installed disc 1, asked to insert disc 2 (no mention to install options), then played and got ALL issues....

I had a 11 gb-free HDD, on a 5 yrs old console.

Any help will be' much appreciated.

archangel364
  • archangel364

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hi there, im new to the site

Ive had gta5 now for a week, completed story mode, without an issue. Ive got old 20gb model console and I dnt have fancy hd tv .... Anyway, ive got through game, and only recently started playing up. Ive had black screen and "disc unreadable" .. Ive had it reload itself and say "storage device error" and even just freezing on load screen. If it does load I get as far as end of driving with franklin and it goes off.

Has anyone tried the usb pen method and had success from it ?
Any help appreciated

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users