Photo

If You Have An XBOX360 - READ THIS !

175 replies to this topic
ProTrainFollower
  • ProTrainFollower

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

I have 30GB spare on my 360, is it just a problem if you install disc 2 to a USB? Or should I just not install the play disc at all.

I hate it when my Xbox is loud.

nb2010
  • nb2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

can anyone recommend a flash drive to install the game on? I have the old arcade xbox. (im in UK btw)

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

Installing Disc 2 to usb takes age.. atleast it feels it ;o

Trip With Jesus
  • Trip With Jesus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I installed both to my HDD and it looks fine. I havnt noticed anything major while playing it

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Which disc shall I install on what?

Disc 1 on HDD and PLAY disc on USB?

Or other way? hurryyyy please, the game is waiting! :panic:

ItsNavin
  • ItsNavin

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Which disc shall I install on what?

Disc 1 on HDD and PLAY disc on USB?

Or other way? hurryyyy please, the game is waiting! :panic:

I believe Disc 1 on HDD and PLAY disc on USB but Rockstar suggested that we don't install it on a USB Stick and to just let the CD do the work as far as I know.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Installing both discs on different USB's is fine?

rosy522
  • rosy522

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

I have zero problems so far and that exceeded my expectations ten-fold. I figured with the disk running there would be aliasing, slowing down during havoc, frame rate issues, etc. but w/ and w/o both discs installed, none of that for me. 10/10 and I'm not some fan-boy.

MrOptimusGuy
  • MrOptimusGuy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hopefully R* releases a Patch for this soon  :beerhat:

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hopefully R* releases a Patch for this soon  :beerhat:

How bad is it?

Robbo1987
  • Robbo1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I've got an external drive caddy that I've ended up connecting an old laptop drive too. Bit of a pain having to plug in a seperate drive etc but it does seem a bit smoother, I found that with them both on the same disk I kept driving into posts etc that would just appear out of nowhere.

paramio
  • paramio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Just read in some webs that the PS3 PSN version is shosing same issues as the Xbox 2 disc install.

Pop-in, lag and alike.

Anyone experienced this?

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I have done some tests

I noticed that even when you Install Disc 2 onto a fast USB the game still gets pop ins and the game looks a little craper (IMO).. it looks much more blurred like textures are not loading in till you get closer.. going to play off disc

Waldie
  • Waldie

Private Dick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Installed the first disc on HDD, installed the Play disc on a flash drive.

Played it for the last seven hours - haven't noticed any problems at all.

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

My Xbox is from this year and I've installed the first disc and playing off the second as Rockstar recommends and I'm getting pop-up in gameplay and it's items right in the front of your vehicle. Hope there's a fix soon. I'll get it on PS3 otherwise.

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Installed disc 1 on drive and disc 2 on cheap SanDisc bought from Walmart.

Works great.

GTASkunk
  • GTASkunk

Don Vercetti

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 PM Edited by GTASkunk, 17 September 2013 - 07:08 PM.

Right... I installed Disc 1 then it asks me to insert Disc 2 (Play) and then after a bit of loading it says "Installed". I then start the game up, got past the first shoot out, until it reveals, in the intro a biker nearly crashing into two women, and you can see stuff still loading in the background, so what have I done wrong?

Also, the game crashed the first time, while the models in the background were loading, it started the game again. Second time round, I got to the intro again and I skipped it, made it past the second mission. Had a power cut and then my save corrupted. Then 3rd time round, I play the first mission... Now it doesn't even make it to Franklin without the game restarting.

TheHead1essHono
  • TheHead1essHono

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

I think most people are smart enough to read the bottom if there are 2 discs downloading Part 1 now 5k so close very excited wuv Rockstar.

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hope my copy dont do that, i pre-ordered from R* Warehouse and i live in Mexico haha....I´m optimist i dont wanna wait more time!

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Why don't you just Install Disc 1 on your Xbox hard drive and disc 2 on your usb...

I don't have a hard drive. I have the disc 1 installation on a USB. Can I install disc 2 on a separate USB?

ramok2k
  • ramok2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

Hi guys,

I'm facing the freeze issue on my 360 version except mine happens every time I'm playing while connected to Xbox Live. The game works perfectly fine disconnected but as soon as I'm online the game freezes after a couple of seconds. This means the issue isn't from my disc but from something else.

Did anyone here figure out what's the problem?

Here are some things I already did:

• Updated to the latest firmware
  • cleared cache
  • deleted all my data/reinstalled twice but still freezing when connected.
  • disabled cloud storage from xbox settings menu
  • disabled auto save

Thanks!

Caligastia
  • Caligastia

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

I had some problems yesterday on one of the first Franklin missions, at a particular spot, the game would freeze and then the game would go into the "clean disk" error and would not launch at all until I cleared the system cache.  Then try again, same thing would happen.  For a moment I thought I got a bum disk.  I then tried installing disk 2, despite the "warnings".  Then got 2 red lights error at the exact same spot.  I turned the game off and went to pick up the kids from school.  Got them home, to karate, then dinner, then bed, tried again, worked fine.  There was also some pixilation of the characters during closeups in cut scenes.  That also was alleviated, not sure if there was an update while I was loading the game or what. 

My system is an old elite, I suspect it was having trouble with GTA, I then played the game for 9 hours straight, no issues.  If people are having trouble with old xbox's, clear the system cache and try again, maybe uninstalling the game from scratch and reinstalling might help as well.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

I lost ALL my saves AND my install from my thumbdrive through no fault of my own. I've had to start from the beginning again which is annoying, but save to the cloud to be careful.

damstr
  • damstr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

I got a 16GB usb stick yesterday and installed the play disc to it. Now when I play my DVD drive isn't constantly spinning. I also noticed that the game is slightly smoother. Before it would stutter when it was running off the disc.

To make sure you are running the game off the usb drive, pin the game to the home screen after you install it. It will spin up to check the disc for DRM and then it will stop spinning and read everything off the usb drive.

D-Bomb129
  • D-Bomb129

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:51 AM

My HD is only 16 gigs so I don't have the space to do the install anyway but I tried on flash drive... the Xbox said it wasn't compatible, I tried reformatting it on my Macbook, still didn't work, tried a couple more times, now the computer isn't reading the flashdrive at all (still shows up in terminal commands) so anyway, what flashdrive should I buy / what should I format it to? I'm thinking I'll buy a flash drive tomorrow just for the game and hopefully fix the one I reformatted into oblivion. I'm going to go to the university tech store so it won't be the official Xbox one but I read somewhere that san disk should usually work pretty easily. 

Casartelli
  • Casartelli

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:30 AM Edited by Casartelli, 19 September 2013 - 08:30 AM.

My HD is only 16 gigs so I don't have the space to do the install anyway but I tried on flash drive... the Xbox said it wasn't compatible, I tried reformatting it on my Macbook, still didn't work, tried a couple more times, now the computer isn't reading the flashdrive at all (still shows up in terminal commands) so anyway, what flashdrive should I buy / what should I format it to? I'm thinking I'll buy a flash drive tomorrow just for the game and hopefully fix the one I reformatted into oblivion. I'm going to go to the university tech store so it won't be the official Xbox one but I read somewhere that san disk should usually work pretty easily. 

Needs to be formatted in FAT32 on a Windows machine.

I beleive every SanDisk and Kingston USB is preformatted to FAT32.

• D-Bomb129 likes this

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yesterday i install Disc 1 without problems, then put disc 2 an star playing, the graphics are awesome, the FPS are very good and i have no problem with the game, i have and Xbox Slim. 250gb, Sharp Aquos Led 60" HDMI and the game looks AWESOME!!!

Southanke
  • Southanke

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

Thank you 

Demolition Man
  • Demolition Man

Made man

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Installed the first disc on HDD, installed the Play disc on a flash drive.

Played it for the last seven hours - haven't noticed any problems at all.

This is what I did and recommend. My Xbox is one of the originals ones so my disc reader is kind of worn out and I dont want to get those circles on the game disc. Best thing to do for those with older Xbox models. 

D-Bomb129
  • D-Bomb129

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

what flashdrive should I buy / what should I format it to?

Needs to be formatted in FAT32 on a Windows machine.

I beleive every SanDisk and Kingston USB is preformatted to FAT32.

Thanks. Didn't get to getting the thumb drive today but will definitely give it a try 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users