Photo

If You Have An XBOX360 - READ THIS !

174 replies to this topic
Le Rusecue
  • Le Rusecue

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Just curious, do I need a USB drive if I own a 4 gb, or will my 250 gb detachable hard drive be good, too? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I just wanna know.

It will work but they run slow I think

I plugged my Samsung S2 750gb extneral into it and it said it would run slow when i formated it on xbox

when I used my 16gb USB stick it said it was fine.

Thanks, I don't know the make of my hard drive or anything though, so could that make a difference? This is what it looks like: https://upload.wikim...-S-250GB-HD.jpg

ah right that is the 250gb hard drive for the xbox slim.. you have the slim I guess? 

if you have the Slim, here is how you install that HDD

http://www.youtube.c...zCYhJQDAA#t=140

Yes sir/madam, I do. And thanks for the vid, but I already have it installed. Got it all the way back in 2011 before we even knew of GTA V's extistence... Good timing, I guess? I take it this means my game will play just as well, eh?

Thanks for all your help, methwow92, I owe you one... Of course, I mean that in the Stubbs way. Call all you want, nothing's gonna happen :p

October16th
  • October16th

Gamertag: X5R

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

I wanna just help you stupid f*cks

These stupid f*cks never want the help. 

• rosy522 likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

Is it ok if I install both discs on my Xbox 250 Gb hard drive? I went on the rockstar site and they said, "For optimal performance, we recommend only installing the Install Disc, and not also installing the Play Disc to the Xbox 360 Hard Drive or USB drive via Xbox Home (dashboard). You will be prompted to install the Install Disc the first time you boot the game"

I would like to know as well.

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

Just curious, do I need a USB drive if I own a 4 gb, or will my 250 gb detachable hard drive be good, too? Sorry if it's a stupid question, I just wanna know.

I plugged my Samsung S2 750gb extneral into it and it said it would run slow when i formated it on xbox

Thanks, I don't know the make of my hard drive or anything though, so could that make a difference? This is what it looks like: https://upload.wikim...-S-250GB-HD.jpg

ah right that is the 250gb hard drive for the xbox slim.. you have the slim I guess? 

Yes sir/madam, I do. And thanks for the vid, but I already have it installed. Got it all the way back in 2011 before we even knew of GTA V's extistence... Good timing, I guess? I take it this means my game will play just as well, eh?

Thanks for all your help, methwow92, I owe you one... Of course, I mean that in the Stubbs way. Call all you want, nothing's gonna happen :p

That means you can Install Disc 1 (YOU HAVE TO INSTALL IT ) :)

and you can either Install the play disc (DISC 2) to the HDD or just play off the disc.. or install to a USB.. if you don't want to complicate things than just play off the disc after installing Disc 1 and you are good to go

Le Rusecue
  • Le Rusecue

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

and you can either Install the play disc (DISC 2) to the HDD or just play off the disc.. or install to a USB.. if you don't want to complicate things than just play off the disc after installing Disc 1 and you are good to go

Yeah, I knew I had to install disc 1, I just wanted to make sure I could with my equipment :).

I thought installing disc 2 to anything would make the gameplay all screwy? I'm just gonna play off of disc 2 for now. Again, thank you so much, you've put my mind at ease (Didn't wanna pick the game up and then discover - Oops! Can't play it!) Happy playing!

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, I knew I had to install disc 1, I just wanted to make sure I could with my equipment :).

I thought installing disc 2 to anything would make the gameplay all screwy? I'm just gonna play off of disc 2 for now. Again, thank you so much, you've put my mind at ease (Didn't wanna pick the game up and then discover - Oops! Can't play it!) Happy playing!

As long as your hard drive has 8GB free space on your xbox 360 you will be able to install disc 1 ;).. Guessing as you have the 250gb verison you will have a lot of space left

have fun

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

http://www.eurogamer...x-360-play-disc

Has some Digital Foundry tests too. 

Ummmm reading this link it simply says dont install the play disc. Just the mandatory one. So in otherwords, do it like it recommends. Install the mandatory one, pop in the other disc and simply play. Don't attempt to install to a USB and you will be fine

Le Rusecue
  • Le Rusecue

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

@methwow92 (Didn't wanna quote anymore, it was getting kinda thick, haha)

Haha, yeah, I've got plenty of space. Funny thing is, I actually bought the hard drive just so I could download all my old stuff, primarily TLAD, TBOGT, Dead Rising's episodes... And now here is it, allowing me to play GTA V :)

Thanks man, you too.

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

http://www.eurogamer...x-360-play-disc

Has some Digital Foundry tests too. 

Ummmm reading this link it simply says dont install the play disc. Just the mandatory one. So in otherwords, do it like it recommends. Install the mandatory one, pop in the other disc and simply play. Don't attempt to install to a USB and you will be fine

UPDATE 3: Digital Foundry has investigated the matter further and discovered a possible solution to the Grand Theft Auto 5 Xbox 360 "play" disc installation issue.

The video, below, shows footage of the game played with the "install disc" installed to the Xbox 360 hard drive, as is mandatory, and the "play disc" installed to a USB flash drive. Doing so appears to eradicate the performance issues found when both discs are installed to the Xbox 360 hard drive.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Will this be fixed in a patch, or will this be a problem plagueing the game for it's lifetime?

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

I have a ps3 so... Bye

baskes
  • baskes

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

I have a ps3 so... Bye

Good luck poor bastard. Free sh*tty Internet for poor People and sh*t grapics and draw distance anti liasing etc. Lol noob

williamp556
  • williamp556

Grandmaster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

This seems so wrong.. technically the HDD should run faster than disc..

I wonder if he is running an old Xbox.. arnt the new slims supposd to have faster HDDS

if true I will install disc 1 to the hard disk and put the "play" disc on my extenral USB, dont think I can do it that way actually might have to install disc 1 on extneral and play disc on my hdd

Rockstar themself Tweeted and said not to  i usually install my games but im not taking any chance on gta v

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Ok, so I CANT install the second disk? Or can I? These posts are confusing me lol

TheTacoWhoWasntThere
  • TheTacoWhoWasntThere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

To quote the makers of the game:  http://support.rocks...on-Requirements

I know Grand Theft Auto V has an 8 GB mandatory install. If I want to install the Play Disc too, through Xbox Home (dashboard), is that possible?

For optimal performance, we recommend only installing the Install Disc, and not also installing the Play Disc to the Xbox 360 Hard Drive or USB drive via Xbox Home (dashboard).  You will be prompted to install the Install Disc the first time you boot the game.

Ok, so I CANT install the second disk? Or can I? These posts are confusing me lol

• Go Krazyyyy likes this

Muhammad Hamdan
  • Muhammad Hamdan

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

thanks To ALMIGHTY i'm not one them 

Go Krazyyyy
  • Go Krazyyyy

Ex Military

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Ok so which disk do I install? And where do I install it? I'm so confused on reading these posts. I have a slim (4gb) with a 250gb hard drive. Can someone dumb this down for me? Like just tell me which disk to install where.

3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

Wait, so install Disc 1 normally, and Disc 2 just insert and DON'T install? I don't get it.

methwow92
  • methwow92

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

Wait, so install Disc 1 normally, and Disc 2 just insert and DON'T install? I don't get it.

depends.. if you want to do it simple just do that

DownwardGoose
  • DownwardGoose

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

I've just got done with about 5 or so hours of straight gameplay with the play disc installed and didn't notice a thing. Maybe it was there and I was so caught up in everything going on, but honestly I'd rather take less noise with a few minor pop ins. The gameplay is more than good enough to keep me occupied. As long as nothing breaks when you install the play disc, it'll stay installed on my HDD for years to come.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Install 1 disc to Flash Drive, second to HDD. perfect performance. Amazing game.
  • Kemo66 likes this

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

DAMNED

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

I've played both versions and I can't see the difference between them. good job rockstar

Kemo66
  • Kemo66

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Install 1 disc to Flash Drive, second to HDD. perfect performance. Amazing game.

As has been quoted a number of times, it appears that BOTH the PS3 and 360 need to read ideally from two separate sources, for the PS3 it's the HDD and BD drive, for the 360 the HDD and DVD drive, if you install in this way, you shouldn't experience any pop in during the opening sequence, it's debatable whether this improves any performance during gameplay tho.

As Laz has stated above, if installing fully on the 360, chose the HDD for disc one and a compatible 16gb flash stick for disc two, this way, you get the performance and zero drive noise / usage.

I have a 2007 360 and it sounds like a small jet under my TV, by doing the above I keep the noise level down and my creaky hardware running for the long periods with reduced wear. On the PS3 you will need to use the drive, I have a slim and don't notice the drive noise but am aware of the disc accessing constantly. A mate who has an older PS3 has had issues with constant BD drive access causing stuttering and disc read errors, but that's just the way it goes with these old consoles (360 and PS3)

Hope that helps

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

I have to say I've tried the game with the PLAY disc both installed and not installed and I haven't reallly noticed any difference....

Nobitos
  • Nobitos

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

I hope that i still had my ps3 :/ bought xbox bcs it was cheaper but if i could change id pay little more and take ps

Gajick
  • Gajick

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

PS3 Anyone?

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

I have installation on 1 USB and disc 2 installed on another USB. Is that ok?

initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Why is this pinned?
It makes it look as if it's actually real.

Come on? Really? Just install both if you like, and have a better performance

Robbo1987
  • Robbo1987

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

Is there any way for me to move the contents of disc 1 to a usb once it's been installed. I have an 8gb flash drive which isn't big enough for disc 2 but should fit disc 1.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hmm I rarely use my Xbox And I only have a 15GB hard drive...I was thinking about buying a USB drive.  Should I do it and install the other half on the USB? Does it improve the performance that much?  Since I dont use my Xbox much I doubt my disc drive will go bad anytime soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users