5 Star Rating (in our profile)

9 replies to this topic
W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

I don't like to complain, but we really need to get rid of this thing. We know what this community is like. All you have to do is say something that someone doesn't like and you'll be getting 1 star ratings from people because they're that childish, and you'll rarely see 5 star ratings because no one gives a sh*t enough to take the time and give out good ratings to people who deserve them.

I honestly couldn't care less about my rating, nor do I care much if this whole 5 star system thing gets removed, but I just figured I'd speak up about it and see if something could be done considering the Respect system got changed and you couldn't even abuse that system the same way. With this 5 star system you can actually make people look bad without them even doing anything wrong.

gnomesayn?

• Eagleheart likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 16 September 2013 - 10:00 PM.

agreed.

I don't understand why the rating system is there.

lemme expand.

the Star system is actually worse when combined with the Like system. someone who Likes a post will not go to the user page and add a Star. they will do one or the other. if someone just decides they hate you - for whatever reason - then their only course of action (aside from a PM) is to give that user a 1 Star... this is very silly.

users with hundreds of Likes and 1-2 Stars.

users with no Likes and 5 stars.

silly indeed.

• SeberHusky likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by GunWrath, 16 September 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Eh, I don't think it makes a difference whether it's removed or not. If you care about your rating, move over to COD Forums where K/D is important. If you care about what people think about you or rate you, possibly you need to remove yourself from these forums and venture out into the world. I think they're pretty adamant about keeping the systems. It's a different feature and will be used differently once the majority of negative members leave after V is officially released all over.

Just let it go already.. 

• Matty likes this

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by W3BB13, 17 September 2013 - 01:14 AM.

LOL... calm yourself. You act like I was raging about it or something.

I just thought it was a little ridiculous that the respect system received so many complaints that it was actually changed, but something like this star system, which can actually be abused worse than the respect system ever could, is still in place. I was a supporter of the respect system.

As I said, I couldn't give a f*ck less about the system. I just thought that if the respect system was altered that there's no reason not to get rid of the star system as well. It's not like it serves any real purpose, which is what everyone was complaining about with the respect system.

Let it go already  :lol:

• Eagleheart likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

No need to get asshurt dude.. what I posted was in generalization of the 900 topics that's been made the same as yours. Next time simply use the search function or scroll through a section and read up previous topics that are entirely the same. You'd have your answers.

Now run along, go play V.. cya when the next one is announced. :^:

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Yeah, clearly I'm the one who's "asshurt", lmao.

You were saying stuff like "maybe you need to remove yourself from these forums and venture out into the world," and I'm butthurt? I registered here 5 years before you, and you've got over 5,000 more posts than I do. Ironic, isn't it?

Perhaps you should venture out into the world a bit more yourself and you wouldn't sound so "asshurt."

• Eagleheart likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

He was just trying to tell you not to take the star rating so seriously. Your op makes it sound like it's a bigger deal than it is by saying it can make people look bad due to abuse. But the reality is, people will judge you by your posts, not by how many stars your profile has. So you'll just have to excuse those of us who may think you really do care about these silly ratings despite your claims of not caring if it stays or goes. And yes, mocking someone's post and your general attitude in this thread made you look asshurt.

• GunWrath and Ciaran like this

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

I honestly couldn't care less about my rating, nor do I care much if this whole 5 star system thing gets removed, but I just figured I'd speak up about it and see if something could be done considering the Respect system got changed and you couldn't even abuse that system the same way. With this 5 star system you can actually make people look bad without them even doing anything wrong.

Did you guys miss this part or something?

lol... and Mr. Asshurt over there started the mocking. Can you not see that? I never insulted him until he insulted me.

It's a shame to see that even the "veterans" of this place are just as bad as the people who joined 2 days ago.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

It's a shame to see that even the "veterans" of this place are just as bad as the people who joined 2 days ago.

I agree. In fact I agree quite a bit actually.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

There are bigger things to deal with rather than some silly rating in member profiles. I'm sure the admins will remove it when they get around to it Just wait until everything else is in order.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users