22 replies to this topic
Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

This Bompton nigga.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

http://www.reuters.c...E98F0DN20130916

This is just f*cked up. I live right by the area as well.

Irviding
  • Irviding

If we're talking body, you got a perfect one so put it on me

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by Irviding, 16 September 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Yeah, they brought the victims to my university's hospital... still 2 shooters on the loose somewhere. Following this closely... it's right near me too, about 2 miles away.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

So it's three shooters now? That's cray cray :panic: Last I heard they had them cornered, but I'm gonna switch on the news now for an update.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

We are coven

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

I've heard reports that one of the dead shooters is an individual linked to the naval yard whose "employment status has recently changed". A case of an organised "going postal" perhaps? Other perpetrators have been described as one black male, one white male.

bread
  • bread

Grown conventionally and organically worldwide

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just heard about this.

Damn, here comes the gun debates...

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Aaron Alexis

BUTyBz3IYAAu2Qv.jpg

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

It'll be interesting to see what grievance(s) the other two besides the dead one had with the place.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

We are coven

• United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

It'll be interesting to see what grievance(s) the other two besides the dead one had with the place.

One has been ruled out in terms of involvement. That means one more potential suspect. Aaron Alexis was apparently employed by the Navy between 2007 and 2011 as a 3rd class petty officer.

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

One has been ruled out in terms of involvement. That means one more potential suspect. Aaron Alexis was apparently employed by the Navy between 2007 and 2011 as a 3rd class petty officer.

The navy secretary was just on CNN and he said that he only knows the guy was a DoD contractor

Rown
  • Rown

He who fights monsters

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

I have forgotten how to feel. But this went by:

http://www.washingto...-the-navy-yard/

Rown :rampage:

• Moth likes this

Smokin Shadowz
  • Smokin Shadowz

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

MURICA

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Canada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

It's a shame that these mass shootings are basically becoming a monthly thing. 

Seems like the typical response from gun activists to these mass shootings is to arm everyone. Curious to see how they respond to this one considering the attack was on a military base with armed personnel everywhere. 

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

Seems like the typical response from gun activists to these mass shootings is to arm everyone. Curious to see how they respond to this one considering the attack was on a military base with armed personnel everywhere. 

Yeah... base security responded within 3 minutes. Literally 3 minutes. 

In other news, they are reporting that this guy is apparently a Buddhist... some Buddhist. 

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

And gun control screams take them all away, why does no one ever address the people? Is it too scary for us to look the real problem in the face when it comes to these mass shootings? Everyone always points at the guns.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Haiti

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Everyone always points at the guns.

No, the guns point at the people, and then shoot them. Or do people point their gun at people and then shoot them? Mind is boggled.

Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

I'm sorry for the victims and their family.

Is this becoming like a trend in the US? I find it very worrying it happens so often, I have some friends over there.

It already happend over here (germany), and this could be a start to a new wave of solo nut gunners in our countries, our rotten modern society. :/

Irviding
  • Irviding

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

Big police presence around the city... when I was walking to the gym today saw metro PD everywhere. Obviously they have little to no clue where this second guy is.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I blame the media. I think they're directly responsible for spreading the idea of mass shootings around the country. They made it look so common. With so many of them in recent years it's easy for a lunatic with some kind of personal problem to think "hey, I should do one of those mass shootings they show on TV every Sunday".

• AceRay and Vercetti42 like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

I haven’t seen the latest numbers, but when it comes to public approval, “mainstream journalist” tends to poll somewhere between “child molester” and “assistant child molester.” Things like the following might offer clues as to why.

Here’s what University of Kansas associate journalism professor David Guth tweeted on Monday:

#NavyYardShooting The blood is on the hands of the #NRA. Next time, let it be YOUR sons and daughters. Shame on you. May God damn you.

— David Guth (@DWGuth) September 16, 2013

Courtesy of Katherine Timpf at CampusReform.org, who got Guth to confirm — boast, actually — that he wasn’t hacked or pranked or whatever:

“Hell no, hell no, I do not regret that Tweet,” he said. “I don’t take it back one bit.”

Guth also doubled down on the statement when other Twitter users pressed him, suggesting it was was shameful to call for the death of children.

“God’s justice takes many forms,” he tweeted in response…

While Guth’s Twitter account is personal, his biography includes a link that directs to the school’s website.

“An Eastern Shoreman turned professor and historian,” reads his description. “A devoted husband, father and dog owner. Most important: an independent thinker.”

If you’re not an independent thinker, by which I mean you disagree with David Guth, then your children should die horribly. Seems rational enough. The future of journalism is in good hands.

Hey, remember when Kansas was the place that wasn’t completely crazy? Click your heels all you want, Dorothy…

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/19/gun-grabbing-university-of-kansas-journalism-prof-wishes-death-on-children-of-nra-members/#ixzz2fih2xMHF

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

We are coven

• United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

I do love the irony of a political pundit, probably the most hated class of partisan "journalist" in the world, claiming that mainstream journalists are about as well regarded as child molesters. That must mean he's sits on the child-molester-to-journalist-equivalence-rating somewhere between Peter Kudzinowski and Albert Fish.

Also, thanks for reminding me just how much I hate Comic Sans.

• Irviding likes this

Melchior
  • Melchior

Can you hear the people sing?

• The Connection
  • Mars

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

That statement by Guth seems pretty uncontentious. It's clear that American firearm policy is the main reason things like this are happening, and the NRA etc. are the ones actively obstructing reform. Shouldn't be too hard to get away with saying they have "blood on their hands."

And gun control screams take them all away, why does no one ever address the people?

Because individual agency is somewhat irrelevant in regards to this. The rest of the western world has alienated, mentally ill people, America isn't exceptional in that sense- and let's not kid ourselves, this is an American problem. America is exceptional in regards to firearm culture, policy and proliferation: it's a nasty trifecta  and that's where we should look to explain and deal with this phenomenon. 

• GTA_stu likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Really cool. NRA made of the people of the U.S. are to blame.

The U.S. is country of States, each with it's own Constitution joined by Federal Authority since the War Between the States.

So the people have guns? So what? So there are incidents where a few people get killed by someone with a gun.

Where is the U.N. to interfere with the gun play in the U.S.?

So where is the U.N. to interfere with the guns in Libya, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Egypt, Kenya, Somalia, et cetera. 

It seems it's OK for other countries to run amok in the name of governmental suppression, but the independent action of person in the U.S. requires massive disarmament of the general population.

(Type face? Learn to live with it.)

Melchior
  • Melchior

Can you hear the people sing?

• The Connection
  • Mars

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Who is even advocating "massive disarmament"? All I said is that US firearm policy needs meaningful reform, that doesn't mean I don't think you should be able to keep your guns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users