Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Even in a review they said that there was a 150 million dollar mansion for sale

The golf course is 150 million.

Dirty_White_Boy
  • Dirty_White_Boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

So when the F can you buy those mansions?  

Shon785
  • Shon785

Head Hunter

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

Even in a review they said that there was a 150 million dollar mansion for sale

I also saw this.

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

It's likely it's GTA:O only.  I don't know why R* is holding features back from SP in GTA:O.  They better add all these features to SP.

captainjamie
  • captainjamie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

You buy them on the site. You're supposed to get the directions and then buy it. That's what they showed in the trailer, however, it isn't working properly right now.

Sanjiswaytocool
  • Sanjiswaytocool

Work-a-holic

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Well I'm leaving real quick but captianjamie, were you able to see the interior of any of the houses? 

captainjamie
  • captainjamie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Well I'm leaving real quick but captianjamie, were you able to see the interior of any of the houses? 

No. However this doesn't trouble me. When you buy some garages they don't have an interior, you walk up and press right directional and you teleport in, like previous GTA's. Then you can see the interior. I think it'll be like that. That way they can save memory by not keeping the house loaded at all times.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

It's likely it's GTA:O only.  I don't know why R* is holding features back from SP in GTA:O.  They better add all these features to SP.

Bullsh*t watch the gameplay trailer and you can see the players buying houses.

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

I Guess why not ask R* ?

Sanjiswaytocool
  • Sanjiswaytocool

Work-a-holic

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

No. However this doesn't trouble me. When you buy some garages they don't have an interior, you walk up and press right directional and you teleport in, like previous GTA's. Then you can see the interior. I think it'll be like that. That way they can save memory by not keeping the house loaded at all times.

You know...something tells me that these might be Online only. (Maybe). Considering that they're so close to each other & the Blueprint map lists like 44 safehouses?? I do believe that some safehouses could be purchased but not the amount that we've seen so far. Just think of the amount of $ it'd take to buy every one of those. o.0

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

You know...something tells me that these might be Online only. (Maybe). Considering that they're so close to each other & the Blueprint map lists like 44 safehouses?? I do believe that some safehouses could be purchased but not the amount that we've seen so far. Just think of the amount of $ it'd take to buy every one of those. o.0

Why would Rockstar do that though? They know they'd get so much hate if they made such desirable features exclusive to Online as big as properties.

• TheFreightTrain likes this

mattneutron
  • mattneutron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

Watched the Gameplay trailer..at the 4:18 mark
"Once the take is divided .....blah blah tattoos, cars .... Blah blah stocks and real estate."
So is real estate businesses and safehouses?
Or business are sp
And safehouses are mp
From what I have "seen" the real estate in game site was not available.
Neither was the stock site until today.

If it is using "the cloud" they may be turning on services one at a time to make sure servers can handle the "load"

My 2 cents

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Watched the Gameplay trailer..at the 4:18 mark
"Once the take is divided .....blah blah tattoos, cars .... Blah blah stocks and real estate."
So is real estate businesses and safehouses?
Or business are sp
And safehouses are mp
From what I have "seen" the real estate in game site was not available.
Neither was the stock site until today.

If it is using "the cloud" they may be turning on services one at a time to make sure servers can handle the "load"

My 2 cents

Why would real estate be based in the cloud?

Dirty_White_Boy
  • Dirty_White_Boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

If you cant buy these mansions in singel player it defeats the whole purpose of making millions of dollars from heists,   what are you gonna spend it on that requires that kind of cash if not mansions?

Im seriously hoping this is something that will be unlocked on tuesday now...

Nikobomber
  • Nikobomber

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Somethings fishy .

ed84
  • ed84

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

The manual says that if you want to buy a property..go up to the sale sign that you see outside the house and that will ask if you want to buy it.

captainjamie
  • captainjamie

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

The manual says that if you want to buy a property..go up to the sale sign that you see outside the house and that will ask if you want to buy it.

The real estate website doesn't work. The only one that does work is the vinewood mansions one and when you go to the house there is no sign or anything..

ed84
  • ed84

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:34 AM Edited by ed84, 17 September 2013 - 01:34 AM.

I have seen people playing, driving, and going past houses that had for sale signs. so try that next time you pass one. maybe it wont be on the online site.

The real estate website doesn't work. The only one that does work is the vinewood mansions one and when you go to the house there is no sign or anything..

TheFreightTrain
  • TheFreightTrain

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

I really hope not a lot of it is for online and not single player. I live out in the middle of no where and dont have access to internet worthy enough to play on line, and we have no real options out here either...sigh..

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

I've walked up to a few for sale signs and never got a prompt or anything. There was like 4 for sale signs in Chumash/Malibu and none of those are on the blueprint map, neither are any from that website that works. So between the blueprint map, that website and the for sale signs there has got to be at least 100 safehouses.

If there are different websites for real estate in different areas then there are going to be a ridiculous amount of places to buy. If that's the case, I think they might limit the amount of houses you can have at once otherwise you'd own half the houses in San Andreas, unless some of them are just for rental income

• Sting4S likes this

otomochaser
  • otomochaser

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

I have skimmed through the guide,and there is no mention whatsoever of safehouses. :(
It details everything else you can imagine,all the asset properties and such. But no safehouses. None are marked on the maps either.
Very odd indeed.

I avoided the pages on missions as i didn't want spoilers. I guess i could have missed somethingm... But the apppendix sections should at least mention safehouses if they are in SP.....I honestly think it may be MP only. :(

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

I really hope we can buy houses in SP

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

If you can't buy safehouses in single player, why did the gameplay trailer (which exclusively showed SP content) show someone buying a beach condo?

tool_18
  • tool_18

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

I have been playing GTA5 all night and have found heaps for sale but nothing happens when you walk up to them. I am very worried that you cant buy safe houses in single player. If this is the case, very disappointing rockstar. 

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

so you cant enter in the businesses you buy and now you cant buy safehouses?? so much bs man.. but hey at least we got yoga

mattneutron
  • mattneutron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

Why are owned properties in the cloud? My guess is so you can't unlock them via cheats? So prices can fluctuate? If they are sp and mp then they may use the same system for both.
My guess is they will be purchasable an enterable in both modes whenever the real estate site goes live.
That may not be until all time zones are on the 17th or until gta online is launched.

I am just making guesses here.
Couple more hours till I have my copy. Midnight launch PST.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

Why are owned properties in the cloud? My guess is so you can't unlock them via cheats? So prices can fluctuate? If they are sp and mp then they may use the same system for both.
My guess is they will be purchasable an enterable in both modes whenever the real estate site goes live.
That may not be until all time zones are on the 17th or until gta online is launched.

I think u may be right

MC_9
  • MC_9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

As i said in the other thread, they would not show a working Dynasty8 (real estate) website in the single play gameplay tailer, if we couldn't actually use it. I imagine that it will be unlocked by rockstar soon. 

Assassin101
  • Assassin101

Professional GTA assassin

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I think u may be right

I honestly think he's right too. Didn't Leslie say in that CVG interview that the developers were still trying to find out how to synchronize your money through both the SP mode and Online? Maybe that's what they're still working on.

Just give it time. Rockstar wouldn't leave us hanging like this without an explanation. Plus Rockstar has said they have a bunch of exclusive content for both the SP and Online they haven't released yet, including DLC.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

So let me get this straight, if I don't have an internet conection good enough to patch the game or what ever though the Social Club, I'm pretty much screwed out of properties untill I'm able to do that at a friends?

F***ing teriffic.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users