10 replies to this topic
quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hello!

It has been a while since I posted a W.I.P Mod here.

Well basically this mod will bring some Minecraft Maps for Multiplayer and Singleplayer.

The first map has a cave creating a tunnel inside the mountain.

It is in-game with collison and proper shaders.

1239880_576806492376686_1213279077_n.jpg

644028_576806629043339_1727595982_n.jpg

The next map will be a Jungle Biome Map then a Sand Biome Map.

Please note that these models come from my own Minecraft Maps.

• Mega and Target13 like this

Node
  • Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but...don't bring a sh*t game into a decent one.

• Swoorup likes this

Mega
  • Mega

Smartass/Joker (Freelancer)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'm not a fan of Minecraft but I gotta admit that the lava reflections are just hot.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by nkjellman, 16 September 2013 - 05:14 PM.

I hate to be the bearer of bad new but...don't bring a sh*t game into a decent one.

Sh*t game? Minecraft is a lot of fun. It looks like sh*t when you take a first glance at it. But I will say, its one of those games that is simple, but gets addicting.

The game is a LOT more fun when you play it with other people.

Edit: I built a good city in the game if you want it. Just give me credit. Also you should do some well known MC builds to include:

-Empirepolis (Large american city.)

-Enterprise D 1:1 scale (place up in sky, way above map so you cant see LC from it, and you cant see it from LC)

-Disney World (Yup, someone actually made Disney World in MC)

For the cities, people have used slabs for ramps. Those could be changed to a slope with that texture, just because, we all know that a car on GTA isn't going to be able to drive up those.

Though I agree, seeing MC maps on GTA 4, and not being able to build or place blocks does feel kinda silly, but its a neat thing to just mess around in for a little bit.

• Performer likes this

Mega
  • Mega

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

@nk

It's all based on opinion, people told me the exact same argument years ago, but I quickly got bored of the game and I am now tired of seeing it everywhere on Youtube.

Resuming, it's overrated but it depends on your taste.

• Mr. Jago likes this

MenuET
  • MenuET

Maxscript Modeler

• Feroci
  • Panama

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Nice one!!

How did you do that? I wanna try too

Isles Like that, with some modifiers in 3ds MAX to look realistic would work like a CHARM!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Kinda silly how you can't even drive around the map, looking at how blocky the map looks

Mega
  • Mega

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

Kinda silly how you can't even drive around the map, looking at how blocky the map looks

Captain Obvious strikes to save the day!

Well, I've seen some other games that have custom Minecraft maps that make the blocks act as ''slopes'' so you don't have to jump every block in your way, but I think this couldn't be integrated to this map since it's kinda... you know... huge.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Captain Obvious strikes to save the day!

Well, I've seen some other games that have custom Minecraft maps that make the blocks act as ''slopes'' so you don't have to jump every block in your way, but I think this couldn't be integrated to this map since it's kinda... you know... huge.

I didn't think the blocks could act as slopes. I guess it could, if it was really small, like abnormally shaped stairs.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

UPDATE TIME:

The Jungle Biome

g017.jpg

hdgd.jpg
d0ng.jpg
te9s.jpg

This map is very good for a melee battle or a sniping battle!

The next map is a Sand Biome which will allow cars to be driven in (for racing)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This can already be released but the only sad thing is that due to how much shadows are coming from the trees I EVEN GET LAG!

I will have to make it so they don't make shadows from Alpha but I will let the Vines have them GTA IV is so weird when it comes to trees.

Performer
  • Performer

I'M RICH, BIATCH!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

This can already be released but the only sad thing is that due to how much shadows are coming from the trees I EVEN GET LAG!

I will have to make it so they don't make shadows from Alpha but I will let the Vines have them GTA IV is so weird when it comes to trees.

You have this problem even in Minecraft itself. Jungle Biomes are pretty heavy especially with shaders. There is NO solution for this. You have to think of all the polygons that are rendered here. It's just blocks right? But with Bump Mapping and shaders and stuff.. It's just TOO MUCH. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users