Photo

How are there members here for years?

88 replies to this topic
S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

LOL, the other day, some noob called me a "f*cking moron" because I called the A.I. citizens that drive cars "pedestrians."

woolva2k13
  • woolva2k13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Seriously.. How the f*ck have members that have been on this site for upwards of 5 years now lasted this long? I'm talking about the sensible ones.. I've been here for 4 weeks and I can't wait to get the f*ck out of here when V is released and not come back until IV is announced. I understand a lot of you do that too, which is why you have such a long join date, but some of you are consistent...

The level of threads over the past few weeks has gone from stupid to straight up bitching and pathetic. This thread, while not directly about GTA V, is better than 70% of the threads on the first page. F*ck...

you mean when VI is released right......

richiespeed13
  • richiespeed13

Live for the Nordschleife...

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

I've never seen the forums like this. I joined when I got GTA IV on PC, there was some awesome threads about graphics tweaks and mods, and I remember a bunch of guys helping me get my trusty dual core PC running IV smoothly.

It was much more of a typical forum community back then, with regular, well known posters, and plenty of useful discussion. I imagine things will return that way when this release cools off. 

So far I haven't seen a single one of the guys I spoke to back in 2009. 

Time goes too damn fast. Everyone is so pumped because they have to wait another day, but before you know it, you'll be waiting for GTA 6 and wondering how the f*£$ time passed so quick...

Sorry for going OT, I think I am having an early mid life crisis...

army_rizzle
  • army_rizzle

• Members

Ive been here since 2002. Its no biggy lol, just means I'm older than you.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Well im here since like 2002, registered later and reregistered because my sig was disbled for no reason. Its a great forum or was, if you could remove all those whiny kids in this v section.

dodgerfan4eva
  • dodgerfan4eva

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

I've never seen the forums like this. I joined when I got GTA IV on PC, there was some awesome threads about graphics tweaks and mods, and I remember a bunch of guys helping me get my trusty dual core PC running IV smoothly.

It was much more of a typical forum community back then, with regular, well known posters, and plenty of useful discussion. I imagine things will return that way when this release cools off. 

Time goes too damn fast. Everyone is so pumped because they have to wait another day, but before you know it, you'll be waiting for GTA 6 and wondering how the f*£$ time passed so quick...

here a tissue *gives you a hug* 

LanceUppercut
  • LanceUppercut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Been here since San Andreas release. Still sane lol.

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Lol yeah, this forum always get's sh*tty days before the release. It will definitely calm down in a month. 

You make it sound like:

"That's nothing, You should of seen the great before release of 08!" My god, that was a hell of a pre-release, but we were able to make it through." :p

If it does calm down I may be back. Seems like a nice spot on the corner of the inter-webs for GTAV

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:05 AM Edited by Raindancer, 16 September 2013 - 11:06 AM.

Seriously the GTA VC/SA IV & V forums are usually a a combination of the worlds f*cking worst people all in one place - but if you step out of these forums and into other areas of the boards then you can actually have conversations and real debates without all the crap.

VC/SA/IV forums are at peace now as most of the true GTA game lovers stick around, and when the PC version comes out the modding scene is buzzing

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

My account got banned week or two ago, been here since GTAV was announced. 

Not only that I've been waiting for 2 years now I have to wait more cause I don't own PS3 or Xbox360, I need to wait for PC version

Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Both my favourite period and my least favourite, but I never post anyway.  :lol:

I feel accomplished. I got someone signed up since 04 with 10 posts to make a post.

Ive been here since 2002. Its no biggy lol, just means I'm older than you.

It does not mean you're older than me.. Where does that logic even come from?

RandomNoun
  • RandomNoun

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

We're not even interested in playing GTA anymore. We just want this to end. Let it end! Please!  :cry:

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

Have you ever actually been outside of the V section?

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

I've been here for two days and I can't stand the brats anymore.

I won't judge the content and tone of this forum by recent weeks or days though. As I know most of these people on here are not the core. I'll be back after playing the game to see how the tone is then. I'm sure most of the trolls will be gone by then (beyond hope so).

grimhat
  • grimhat

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm with you on this one. I joined around the GTA IV PC release and this place was a lot different. I remember a guy called CharmingCharlier who was a good mod.

Most have left and I don't really post much. I seem too old!

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

It does not mean you're older than me.. Where does that logic even come from?

I think they mean that they have had an account longer, and thus they are older because they have been on the Internet since 2002

Reshe
  • Reshe

Warchief of the True Regiment

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

I've been an active member of the Bioware Social Network for a few years now, and let me tell you, that place is pretty much the whine-central of the internet. So before I signed up on here, I honestly expected the tone to be a little more different. For some weird reason, I always saw the GTA games as being pretty intelligent, and hoped that too would be the case for the fans. 

Boy how I was wrong. Of course, there's quite a few intelligent and cool people on here, but holy sh*t, the amount of stupidity, pointless insults, useless whining is staggering. How some people have managed to deal with this for years is a mystery to me.

Yeah, those people you describe are here, it's just that the idiots are in greater numbers. Most of these accounts won't be active because they only joined to hop on the hype train, but some will stick with us until GTA VI.

About the whining behavior, I know exactly what you're talking about. When I played WoW, I used to go on the forums alot there, and it was rife with both frustrating and hilarious stupidity, and then I was in the hype train for swtor, but I didn't end up buying the game for obvious reasons. Now I browse multiple forums, and I think I'll be one of those people that end up sticking around.

• Malndor likes this

sparkle90
  • sparkle90

gurl, bye

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

Been here, done it.

HOAXi
  • HOAXi

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

I registered here the first time in 2004 i think, but I usually disappear after releases (just like a guy here said). Nothing to hang around here for, except for mods and stuff. We all have our things in life to do.

I guess we'ill see each other again when the PC version is coming. Until then, have a good life. Hopefully no real life casualties.

Dead At 4pm
  • Dead At 4pm

Yeah i know...but whatever.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

The people with long join dates don't usually come here often, and only talk when its needed

This ^^^^

That is why you never see me post anything. I dont need to say anything. But i enjoy the lurking. :-)

FateRider
  • FateRider

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Guys guys, guess what... Im here to stay.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

I only come around when there is big GTA news or the game is out again.   I joined to ask questions about San Andreas.   ... 9 years ago.

baskes
  • baskes

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Haha we are the die hards

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

I joined before the release of IV. Once it was released I kinda stopped posting. I posted a bit in the last year or so because of V.

My point is, just because someone joined a long time ago, it doesn't mean they're here 24/7

Don't bother replying to this post, cos I probably won't be back to read it.

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:26 AM Edited by Malndor, 16 September 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Yeah, those people you describe are here, it's just that the idiots are in greater numbers. Most of these accounts won't be active because they only joined to hop on the hype train, but some will stick with us until GTA VI.

About the whining behavior, I know exactly what you're talking about. When I played WoW, I used to go on the forums alot there, and it was rife with both frustrating and hilarious stupidity, and then I was in the hype train for swtor, but I didn't end up buying the game for obvious reasons. Now I browse multiple forums, and I think I'll be one of those people that end up sticking around.

This is the reason that has convinced me to stay, considered yourself getting a new edition. When I came on these forums I never forumend before so much as this. Love the Map thread (that's a keeper) plus it has taught me to make my own memes.  I'll consider this home on the corner of the inter-webs for GTA V and hope there's regulars. :D

Faltskogian
  • Faltskogian

Apoccy R.I.P.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Simple just laugh at the numptys asking for the billionth time if the cars go vroom vroom and just look for the sensible posts like mine  :blink:

Besides it was the same just before GTA 4 came out so i expect it to be the same when GTA 6 is announced.

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

I just now logged in for the first time since 2008, according to my last post. I'm surprised my account is still active. I'm also surprised I remember my password.
  • Malndor likes this

soulslayer14
  • soulslayer14

topkek

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Op needs a f*cking award.

This place was basically just full of gta5 hype, so most of us stayed and waited around for news.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:36 AM Edited by urbanfire, 16 September 2013 - 11:41 AM.

Here since 2001.

sh*t respect bro. You've been here longer than I've even had internet!

Edit: I've been lurking on this forums since San Andreas was being hyped, but only finally made an account in the build up of TBOGT. 

Also note - I joined exactly 4 years before release of GTA V. R* insider?   :santa:  :D

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Just because they joined a LONG time ago doesnt mean they're here all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users