Quantcast

» «
Photo

How are there members here for years?

88 replies to this topic
Kihz
  • Kihz

Kihzzle is what they call me on the streets of Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:32 AM Edited by Kihz, 16 September 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Seriously.. How the f*ck have members that have been on this site for upwards of 5 years now lasted this long? I'm talking about the sensible ones.. I've been here for 4 weeks and I can't wait to get the f*ck out of here when V is released and not come back until VI is announced. I understand a lot of you do that too, which is why you have such a long join date, but some of you are consistent...

The level of threads over the past few weeks has gone from stupid to straight up bitching and pathetic. This thread, while not directly about GTA V, is better than 70% of the threads on the first page. F*ck...

Angelus031
  • Angelus031

I like turtles

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I don't know honestly.

I'm not here very often, and when I am I usually engage in discussions with more established, or rather sensible members as you would call them.
It is always like this around release dates of new installments in the series.

When GTA V becomes old(er) news, most of them will go, do not worry.

I also have to say that I am not all that easily bothered.

• Ola441 likes this

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Here since 2001.

• SlappyPwnsAss and IDredMan like this

ZRose
  • ZRose

THE ONE

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

I saw a guy with a 2001 join date, I don't know how he lasted this long without killing himself.

• dodgerfan4eva likes this

Miilan2010
  • Miilan2010

CE Owner as of 17th Sept.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

I'm leaving until GTA Online launches, but yeah... Loads of trolls spoiling stuff has sent this forum to sh*t :/

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Lol yeah, this forum always get's sh*tty days before the release. It will definitely calm down in a month. 

Macklin
  • Macklin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Seriously.. How the f*ck have members that have been on this site for upwards of 5 years now lasted this long? I'm talking about the sensible ones.. I've been here for 4 weeks and I can't wait to get the f*ck out of here when V is released and not come back until IV is announced. I understand a lot of you do that too, which is why you have such a long join date, but some of you are consistent...

The level of threads over the past few weeks has gone from stupid to straight up bitching and pathetic. This thread, while not directly about GTA V, is better than 70% of the threads on the first page. F*ck...

I don't think you'll have to wait very long for IV to be announced, so may I be the first to welcome you back.

• hywelkidd likes this

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Well, it was my first time here before a GTA release, and if it was always like this, props to everyone that could resist the fakes,trolls,leaks,etc...  But still, I like this forum enough to stay here for a good while.

Recon92
  • Recon92

Player Hater

• Members

The people with long join dates don't usually come here often, and only talk when its needed

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

I have been here since last year, but I tend to look at other sections of the forum. Like ENB screenshots and sh*t like that. The problem here seems to be the GTA V section.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:43 AM Edited by The Nefarious Jester, 16 September 2013 - 10:44 AM.

Seriously.. How the f*ck have members that have been on this site for upwards of 5 years now lasted this long? I'm talking about the sensible ones.. I've been here for 4 weeks and I can't wait to get the f*ck out of here when V is released and not come back until IV is announced. I understand a lot of you do that too, which is why you have such a long join date, but some of you are consistent...

We come and go, generally ignoring all the sh*te :)

I was very active when III came out as the forum wasn't THAT huge then, now though it's gone the way of all forums, overrun by f*cknuts!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Here since 2001.

Mad respect for putting up with this sh*t for years.

• Trideez likes this

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Here since 2008. I have lurked a lot until a GTA game gets close to releasing, and then I started becoming an active poster :p

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

I wont leave. Just for a few days becouse forum will be full of spoilers. More then we got already. Like ending... Story... etc. I dont want to hear this.

When I finished story. I'll make a return to GTA V section... I'll stay in other sections like General or whatever ^^

KlyNeR
  • KlyNeR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

What does that have to do with waiting time? oO

I regged myself here in 2006. GTA 4 wasn't even announced then.

It was like 5 or 6 months after LCS for PSP came out. There was this guy "edisoncarter" who made a cheat device for it.

It was the coolest thing that I had ever seen back then (similiar to Simple Native Trainer for 4 von PC)

But it was only for US and EU Uncut versions, but I had the german version so I posted here sometimes and asked aggressivly for a german version^^

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yes, do NOT come back until you have beaten the main story because will try to spoil the ending and whatnot.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Technically been here since 2007, it's always like this when a new GTA game is coming out. It attracts all the retards and casual fans. It should calm down a couple of months down the line, when there are only hardcore fans left on the site.

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Until IV is announced? Perhaps you've been frozen in a cryogenic state for awhile, but it was released in 2008 AD. 

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

I've been an active member of the Bioware Social Network for a few years now, and let me tell you, that place is pretty much the whine-central of the internet. So before I signed up on here, I honestly expected the tone to be a little more different. For some weird reason, I always saw the GTA games as being pretty intelligent, and hoped that too would be the case for the fans. 

Boy how I was wrong. Of course, there's quite a few intelligent and cool people on here, but holy sh*t, the amount of stupidity, pointless insults, useless whining is staggering. How some people have managed to deal with this for years is a mystery to me.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

it wouldn't be too difficult. 

people stay for the build up between announcement/release then leave when the game comes out and don't come back until the next game. repeat. 

at least that's what I'll be doing. after today I won't be on here much. i'll be too busy playing V. i might come back in a few years time once all the DLC is out and we start thinking of VI. who knows.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

It's always like this around releases. I've been here for a few. :rol:

DCRJonez
  • DCRJonez

Crimi Clown

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

This.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Coming up on 10 years on the boards... I'm not here as much as I was for San An or IV, but I come by when I can. It always gets sh*tty around a new game, but the idiots leave and the better posters stay. It's pretty simple, really. 

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

Indeed. Though I do find the current player generation to be one of entitlement. But as other have pointed out, you quickly learn to filter out all the noise.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Private Dick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:52 AM Edited by Waldie, 16 September 2013 - 10:52 AM.

I've been drifting in and out for years.

I've been lurking here on and off since the Vice City days. I didn't actually register an account until about 2009 and that was just to discuss the IV DLC and ideas for V which at that point was known as GTA NeXt.

I then got fed up with this site about last year but I found it hard to stay away so I requested a perma ban.

As V approached however, I found myself coming back. But after tomorrow, I don't expect to post here for a while.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Im registered since 2007 but been around since 2003

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Read my signature, and then you'll realize what the issue is.

If you go to any other section - IV, III, mods, whatever - I can almost guarantee it wouldn't be half as bad as the V section (or off-topic, because that's just full of all sorts of weird sh*t).  Hell, when I originally made this account, it was for the mods, and I would occasionally frequent the mod section; the worst you'd get in the mod section would be some idiocy involving modding (e.g. "I don't really want to get IMG Tool 2.0 for GTA SA, but I want to manually install my skin mods").  Here, it's practically troll city.

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

It didn't use to be like that round here, now with bigger games around people pretend the maximum from every single detail.

Okin
  • Okin

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

Coincidently up until the design of the site changed, this was an amazing forum. 

Ever since then its been on a sharp descent downhill.

GTA-Andy
  • GTA-Andy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

Both my favourite period and my least favourite, but I never post anyway.  :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users