Photo

Final time playing GTAIV before playing GTAV

6 replies to this topic
Neonic9
  • Neonic9

Linki

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Niko had gotten into a six star chase in Liberty tonight. With only a tiny amount of armour left, which I gained from a NOOSE van, and an inch worth of health, I was desparetly running through alleys in North Holland, searching for a car to escape the mass of police onfoot trailing me.

I saw a nice Virgo. Before getting into it, I grabbed a hotdog. Niko's clothes (he was wearing his original outfit btw) weren't bloodstained anymore.

They didn't spot me jacking the car, and so I passed by, making it to the Pay 'N' Spray.

It was now early morning. I drove across the bridge to Bohan. Parking underneath the subway, I jogged up the stairs. The train had just pulled in, and I entered it. It left into the morning sun.

shot1sm.jpg

I had to turn off the game right there, it was too fitting. That's the last time I'm playing GTAIV, as in, the last time before playing GTAV - we all know that after playing the latest GTA, the previous one isn't the same anymore, only playable for nostalgia's sake.

Thanks Rockstar for Grand Theft Auto IV!

Bonus: Here's a track from the game that always brings me back to when it was first released:

• S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT likes this

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT
  • S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

It must have been a great moment, seeing Niko ride off into the distance, like a hero that has done his task and is no longer needed,

Neonic9
  • Neonic9

Linki

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

It must have been a great moment, seeing Niko ride off into the distance, like a hero that has done his task and is no longer needed,

Yeah, that's a nice way of looking at it.

Bullit1990
  • Bullit1990

A bit paranoid.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yeah I kinda did the same last night. :)

Went for a final drive in Liberty City in my favorite car (Banshee).

And after a while I just parked on the beach near Firefly Island, overlooking Algonquin at night (I always loved that view). And after listening to Bowie's song Fascination, I turned the game off.

I felt that it was a proper goodbye for Gta IV, a game I player for way to many hours. :)

• Neonic9 likes this

Capten Morgan
  • Capten Morgan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Yeah I kinda did the same last night. :)

Went for a final drive in Liberty City in my favorite car (Banshee).

And after a while I just parked on the beach near Firefly Island, overlooking Algonquin at night (I always loved that view). And after listening to Bowie's song Fascination, I turned the game off.

I felt that it was a proper goodbye for Gta IV, a game I player for way to many hours. :)

RIGHT ON..!! I did my last drive i my MB SL 65 AMG :r*:

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

I started a replay of IV a while back but never got far. I got up to where you go on a date with French Tom. I ended up just downloading a save game from the forums and played on that. 

I just went on a rampage and caused chaos. After that I just drove around the map in the turismo while listening to the radio. Rockstar's humour on those stations is hilarious. After I'd got around the map I decided to phone Roman and ask him to go bowling with me after putting him off for all these years. When I was going to pick him up the sun was setting, I knew my time with IV was coming to an end. We played two games: 1st was a draw and 2nd i won. When we left it was dark outside. I wouldn't see the sun in Liberty City for a long time...or maybe never again. Anyway, I took him back to his place and he said "we should do this again cousin"...if only roman...if only. 

I went for one last rampage after that. Got 6 stars. my car was beat up and went up in flames so i bailed out. Pulled out my shot gun, took down some police men but there were too many of them. The screen went into that slow motion black and white and I ended the game there.

• Neonic9 likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

I played some Online with my friend one last time. Once he left, I took a nice look at the city. I just got out of my car, and listened to the sounds around me. It was calming, and felt like a good moment for my final goodbye. I most likely will not play this for some time, if ever. I'll always love GTA IV.

• Neonic9 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users