• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic
MGT86
  • MGT86

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

I haven't seen a topic like this but If there is a topic like this then lock this straight away.

Just thought i would let you know and this was an annoying thing for me and probably others which has been massively improved is saving cars, in older GTA's you had to save a car in a designated spot otherwise it wouldn't save which i found  was very annoying now in GTA V  you can save your car in your Garage (obviously) like older GTA's but what i have seen in  gameplay videos. it looks like you can  save it anywhere around your house or on the same street/block,  in your  driveway and even car ports, i watched a video  and Trevor is at a safe house in Vespucci beach where a message said "you can save your cars under this carport" , also in missions if you leave your car at the persons house or whatever when the missions finished the car will either be where you are in a side road or still at the place you left it not vanished into thin air, found it annoying when my car vanished into thin air in previous GTA's, but looks like they fixed it up in GTA V. 

Did you find this feature annoying in previous GTA's?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

Well, looking all day for one special car, finally got it and doing a mission, and after that mission the car was gone. So yeah, I found it pretty annoying. 

Good thing they changed this :)

• RpgTheZeppelin likes this

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

Yeah I noticed all of this as well, seems like the car owner ship (whether ownership or the GTA styled hey I took this granma's Primo to LSC and put big ass rims and a new plate on it, it is now mine ownership) is pretty in depth, they don't de-spawn randomly, can be parked just about anywhere on your property and hell even other places, of course you run the risk of geting it taken to the impound if you leave it in the middle of the street for a long time but still I like that, as you have the option to go get it back.

Emjayblaze
  • Emjayblaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

So pretty much, in order to save cars, they have to be parked on your property? I've hooked up a few cars and want to know how to save them permanently, as in, I can save them somewhere, take them out, and still have them if they get destroyed or I have to ditch them... Can someone clarify?

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

You need to bring them back to the save point. If they blow up you lose them unless you insure them.

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

How do I insure them???

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

I don't think you can insure them in singleplayer and i think that if a car explodes you lose it forever. I had a SUV and i went to tune it, after that i went and parked it in the garage, not the safehouse and after that i took it out and exploded it. When i went back into the garage the car did not respawn back.

I read on some site that if you put them in garages BUT not the ones from the safehouse they will be saved there no matter what.....it seems that's not the case.

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

So it will be the same as in GTA IV: Find a rare vehicle you want to drive but not to loose, park in your garage, never use again. :D

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

No from what i saw so far... don't explode it. If you let's say abandon it. You can find it at the impound. It costs 250$ to recover it

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

OK. And will I be informed ab out where my car is (in which mpound)?

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yes it says: Your "Car name" is at the impound.  And then a tow icon will be displayed on the map

dec1337
  • dec1337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I drove a quad bike into the ocean by accident, swam out a bit, turned round and went back to land and the quad had respawned right next to the water, awesome feature :)

Get_Head_Ed
  • Get_Head_Ed

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

I sincerely hope this is true, because I just finished reading another thread where this was not the case. A lot of people are complaing about their cars being lost and sh*t. They even say that if they get out of their car and walk a short distance, the car de-spawns.

• RussianDeathMachine likes this

ElderTyrant
  • ElderTyrant

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

I sincerely hope this is true, because I just finished reading another thread where this was not the case. A lot of people are complaing about their cars being lost and sh*t. They even say that if they get out of their car and walk a short distance, the car de-spawns.

Unfortunately, I think there is alot of disinformation being thrown around about GTA5.

I drove to Michael's house as Franklin (stole car off the corner outside the barber) and it was still parked in Michael's driveway when I got back from the mission...almost sh*t my pants.

HUGE improvement...especially for us gearheads.  :pp

• Get_Head_Ed likes this

LrdMASTRk
  • LrdMASTRk

Can't Wait!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Your vehicle will de-spawn if you enter another vehicle and drive it around when in free roam.  Ex: I was exploring the map and happened on the small private Vinewood Lake estates parked my car went down to the dock jumped on one of the jet skis, drove it around then beached it back were I left my Bullet, but no Bullet.  So that is what I have noticed on the de-spawn. As for your garage and parked cars at Franklins house there is the motorcycle Lamar stole, Franklin's Buffalo, and an empty garage, which I put a the dune buggy in, and out front on the street was a Interceptor that I stole, but I think the police came and reclaimed it(not impound).

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

The game manual says that, if your owned car explodes, it will respawn in the garage. maybe you have to select it to spawn it. All instances outside of it exploding, will result in it being impounded.

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

The game manual says that, if your owned car explodes, it will respawn in the garage. maybe you have to select it to spawn it. All instances outside of it exploding, will result in it being impounded.

Do you think by OWNED means cars that you bought. What cars that you stole but took them to the Tuning shop? In my garage i have no option to spawn a vehicle....

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

Ok i made a test. I bought a car from the online shop, i went to the garage and i drove around with it. I decided to blow it up and then when i went back to the garage the car did not respawn...so i guess we can have our cars back only if we don't explode them....well that sucks...

morsolo
  • morsolo

The Cake is a lie!!!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by morsolo, 17 September 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Well, apparently that's not even the case.

I bought the Cognoscenti Cabrio (wow what a detailed roof mechanism) for a lovely 185k (most of my money, not that far in to the game) as Michael.

Saved it in the Vinewood Hills Garage, then took it out driving. Decided to switch to Trevor, then did a mission as Trevor, which involved Mchael.

Michael turns up in his normal car as part of cutscene (not the Cognoscenti) and the Cognoscenti is no where to be found. Not at impound, not at the garage.

What's the point of having to buy the cars if we have to baby sit them and drive them back to the garage before doing ANYTHING else in the game for fear of losing them?

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Well I'm still on second mission where Frankie repos the cars, I got my Buffalo and I went free roaming and found one of the Chevy Suburban vehicles and parked it near garage where the Buffalo is and I went in the houst ot save the game I came back out and it was GONE!!

RussianDeathMachine
  • RussianDeathMachine

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Yeah I've been having that problem. It happened twice where I wasn't very far from the car at all. I was in the mountains and found a couple parked cars, I parked next to them, got out, looked around the valley through my rifle scope, and when I zoomed out of the scope, my car was gone and so was one of the parked ones. The other time it happened was to a truck that I put about $10,000 into. I drove to a clothing store in Venice Beach (idk what it's called in the game) and went inside to buy some clothes for Trevor. When I came out of the store, my truck was gone. I literally parked it on the sidewalk right in front of the store. I haven't seen the truck since, and the only car at the impound is some Dodge Charger (called a Buffalo i think?) that I don't even remember driving.

TLagBro
  • TLagBro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

I know if youre are in a rough part of town people will steal your car. I saw it first hand while walking out of the gas station across from Frankies garage on grove street. One thing that got me really mad is I parked a car that i put 25000+ cash into my safe house garage and when i went to use it in a race, it was gone. Really made me mad.

CuteBabyPenguin
  • CuteBabyPenguin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

How many cars that you own will the impound lot hold on to at a time? Could you potentially use the impound lot as a car storage for tons of vehicles, just paying an "access" fee when you want to use them?

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Yeah I've been having that problem. It happened twice where I wasn't very far from the car at all. I was in the mountains and found a couple parked cars, I parked next to them, got out, looked around the valley through my rifle scope, and when I zoomed out of the scope, my car was gone and so was one of the parked ones. The other time it happened was to a truck that I put about $10,000 into. I drove to a clothing store in Venice Beach (idk what it's called in the game) and went inside to buy some clothes for Trevor. When I came out of the store, my truck was gone. I literally parked it on the sidewalk right in front of the store. I haven't seen the truck since, and the only car at the impound is some Dodge Charger (called a Buffalo i think?) that I don't even remember driving.

That's strange, this hasn't happened to me yet. I always find my can where I park them. I have also left my cars like 2 blocks away and still went back and it was there.

Nfurtado77
  • Nfurtado77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

From what I understand cars can not be impounded once then they are gone unless it's your characters special vehicle. I think it should be impounded as many times as you want instead of loosing it.

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

The car ownership is improved but it's still got a ways to go IMO. It would be nice if instead of having the character's preferred car chosen for us we could assign that honour to one of our custom cars. It would also be nice if the cars bought online could be shipped to any safehouse instead of our one garage in downtown LS. And it would be nice if there was more than one impound (does it make sense for a car abandoned in Sandy Shores to be towed all the way into LS?).

Overall car ownership seems to be more of a hassle than not, and that really diminishes the whole customization thing to the point where it might as well not even exist.

Get_Head_Ed
  • Get_Head_Ed

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Unfortunately, I think there is alot of disinformation being thrown around about GTA5.

I drove to Michael's house as Franklin (stole car off the corner outside the barber) and it was still parked in Michael's driveway when I got back from the mission...almost sh*t my pants.

HUGE improvement...especially for us gearheads.  :pp

Definitely. It's great to find that extra car parked across the street from your safe house.

wastelandpunx
  • wastelandpunx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Okay so ive been trying to buy cars and stuff from the internet in gta 5 but it won't let me purchase them and it says I need a garage, however my garage is empty. What's with this?

Zeb_009
  • Zeb_009

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I know if youre are in a rough part of town people will steal your car. I saw it first hand while walking out of the gas station across from Frankies garage on grove street. One thing that got me really mad is I parked a car that i put 25000+ cash into my safe house garage and when i went to use it in a race, it was gone. Really made me mad.

Same for me, the cars parked in my safe house garage were several times lost, I think the only way to keep the cars is to park them in the proper character garage, that sucks...

Sarcasm83
  • Sarcasm83

5EXY Commissioner

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Sarcasm83, 21 September 2013 - 07:37 PM.

I found a car that I really wanted to keep... A challenger kinda muscle car with yellow and black colouring and I just had to pimp it out further. Spent pretty much all the cash I had on it and it left me with 300 bucks.. Well, I head to the garage to save it and it appears that my garage is full. The game advices me to go inside and remove a car to make space.

Well, I park my newly pimped and tuned car near the garage (not directly in front) and remove a car from my garage.. Aand the car that I wanted to store in the garage was gone. Nowhere to be found.. And I just spent all my cash on it :D

So yeah... Like in saints row, the game really should save the cars somehow that you've put money on.. :/

Edit: oh but I did manage to reduce my frustration by immediately robbing a similar muscle car in the same colours that happened to drive by.. :D It wasn't the same exact one and not tuned etc. But at least I got a better car than the one I removed from my garage.

Also I can't seem to store a bike in Franklins vinevood safehouse garage.. They keep disappearing even if it's the only thing I put there. Trying to store it in front of the house now.. It was a bought bike too...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users