Photo

No police patrols?

21 replies to this topic
Patrick McReary
  • Patrick McReary

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

One thing I noticed watching the streams is that there are never police around unless they're involved in a random event or you're wanted. Thoughts?

Thekillergreece
  • Thekillergreece

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

I have seen some cop cars patrolling. You dont see them often though...I like their low presence, just like in real life...

You can see them responding an emergency call or chasing after Criminals, similar to GTA San Andreas.

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

play the game then ask

Patrick McReary
  • Patrick McReary

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

I have seen some cop cars patrolling. You dont see them often though...I like their low presence, just like in real life...

You can see them responding an emergency call or chasing after Criminals, similar to GTA San Andreas.

Yeah, I guess it's better than IV where there were literally cops everywhere.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:26 AM Edited by TheRealBars, 16 September 2013 - 05:26 AM.

They are there.

They always patrol in groups of 2 in LS.. just like the real deal..in LA no cop patrols the hood on his own.

You can also find them time to time talking to some crackheads or hookers, writing a fine or chasing someone.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by Above, 18 September 2013 - 02:45 PM.

I have played the game for 48 hours now and I have only seen one police car patrolling and that was just after I finished the first two missions. That's way too little patrolling IMO.

Also, what's up with the fact that the LSPD Buffalos and LSPD Crown Vic's hardly ever engage in pursuit? They are so rare, yet they are parked up at every police station as if they were very common.
  • OD913 likes this

kspence92
  • kspence92

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

I've not see a single police car on patrol in the whole 12 hours I've played so far.

DobertReniro
  • DobertReniro

Pudding Pop.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Less cops patrolling than any other GTA game, but I kind of like it. It's not like you can walk around and raise hell without getting a wanted level though. 

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

One thing I noticed watching the streams is that there are never police around unless they're involved in a random event or you're wanted. Thoughts?

I've seen plenty, perhaps for some it might be a memory related issue (the one where the game spawns the same type of vehicle for optimization).

JowDaRapper
  • JowDaRapper

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

I played for about 10 hours and I did not see any police patrol! Sometimes they chase some criminals or they stand beside the road, but no patrols either on foot nor in cars.

Mukaparska
  • Mukaparska

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, you don't see them too often, but that doesn't really bother me since they are barbaric. 

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

There was one behind me driving around Frankie safehouse.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

I've seen plenty, perhaps for some it might be a memory related issue (the one where the game spawns the same type of vehicle for optimization).

All consoles should perform equally.

el_mostito
  • el_mostito

Elver Gunn

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

I have seen quite a few cops patrolling on foot. A few on patrol cars. Haven't played too long either. I probably am too much on the lookout for cops. Have been ever since I can remember, specially after playing Driver, where you were pursued for minimal traffic violations.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Lol that's a good thing man.. cops are hard as hell to outrun in this game. I wouldn't even play it if you got a wanted level and had to outrun that sh*t every 5 seconds.

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Lol that's a good thing man.. cops are hard as hell to outrun in this game. I wouldn't even play it if you got a wanted level and had to outrun that sh*t every 5 seconds.

Cops in the street or not, it's easy to get a wanted level anyway.

iALLOUT4eva
  • iALLOUT4eva

GTA Gunner

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by iALLOUT4eva, 19 September 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Yeah its not as many as iIV had. However I do see some driving and on the streets. It seems more realistic to me.

Oh ya and I LOVE how they park in the grass on the highway trying to catch someone speeding.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm starting to hate the cops in GTA V.

I was driving along route 68 minding my own business when a cop car crashed in the back of me and then I had 2 wanted stars. WTF? give me a break!

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

I was driving along route 68 minding my own business when a cop car crashed in the back of me and then I had 2 wanted stars. WTF? give me a break!

Lol, it's a game. It's not like they are going to have something determining who's fault the accident was. Hell insurance companies take months to fight over this, and you want Rockstar to fit something along those lines into game like GTA V on ancient technology?

You really can't please anyone these days...

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

I wish there where more cop patrols my self, the cop cars always come out of no where when you have 1 star and when there sirens stop look away turn back the cars gone...

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

See this i would beg to differ i can get away from 4 star easily and i'm not a GTA pro nor really an xbox player. 

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, I had something similar happen. A cop swerved into my lane and hit me, and I got the wanted level.

Also got a wanted level for squealing my tires.

Also got a wanted level for talking smack to pedestrians.

Also got a wanted level for driving "close" to pedestrians; scaring them.

These are some oppressive cops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users