Photo

text from Gamestop

30 replies to this topic
Roxx83
  • Roxx83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

I got a text today from Gamestop saying that my copy of GTA 5 will be available Tuesday 12:01am Tuesday, and to come in at 10pm Monday to finalize payment.

Is this necessary to go in at 10pm first to finalize it, or should I just go at midnight?

• dodgedude likes this

LTA1992
  • LTA1992

The Fanged Brave, KyoryuRed

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

So did I but the cashier told me Friday to come in at 6 or 7.

• GTAFan0913 likes this

Roxx83
  • Roxx83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

So did I but the cashier told me Friday to come in at 6 or 7.

I'll call them in the morning asking them

GTA5isntAMYTH
  • GTA5isntAMYTH

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

you need to come early if you didnt pay and you have to get their recipt to get the game, but if you are going on tuesday when they open at 10 am you just pay it off then.   they do that so people can just give them a recipt and leave quicker.   It helps the line move faster :D

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

The guy at Gamestop said I should come in at 10 if I want to get out early. So I'm gonna go at 10.

kjahcleveland
  • kjahcleveland

Esperanto collector

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

If you have it fully paid off and have your receipt and everything you can just show up at midnight. Im not trying to stand at Gamestop for 2 hours lol.

GTAFan0913
  • GTAFan0913

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Mine said come in at 6, pay it off and get my queue number in order to be first in line. He said if I do that, I can leave and come back at 11:30 when they start lining people up and they'll call it receipt numbers by groups. It's great because I basically show up last minute and still get to go in first LOL. 

Roxx83
  • Roxx83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

I just put 5 dollars down. I am going to call them, but it smells like I am gonna have to go before midnight 

freedom76
  • freedom76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

They do this for people you have pre ordered it that way you don't have to stand in line with all the people who didn't. If you go in at 10 and finalize your purchase they will give you a receipt and you come back at 12 and stand in the line that has no transactions in it. that way all you have to do is show them the receipt then they give you the game.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

I asvise that you go for 10pm or earlyer. Midnight isn't such a safe idea

Elsparko
  • Elsparko

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

Definitely call the Gamestop you're going to tomorrow to get the exact details for that particular store. The guy at our store said to come in after 5 to pre-finalize the sale, another store is doing theirs after 9.

• Crazyeighties likes this

_Juice
  • _Juice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

I'm not sure what to expect. There are two Gamestops in the same mall where I live, so that should help keep lines rather short (assuming both have a midnight launch). There's also another Gamestop a few minutes away. So with three + Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, etc. I can't imagine there being obscenely long lines considering this isn't exactly a huge metropolitan area.

I'm already paid in full. I'd like to be able to show up at midnight and be out of there by 12:30 or so.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

I got this text too, I was so excited when I read it. Luckily I already paid off my copy in full so all I gotta do is go in and pick it up.

superhobo666
  • superhobo666

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

I'm not sure what to expect. There are two Gamestops in the same mall where I live, so that should help keep lines rather short (assuming both have a midnight launch). There's also another Gamestop a few minutes away. So with three + Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, etc. I can't imagine there being obscenely long lines considering this isn't exactly a huge metropolitan area.

I'm already paid in full. I'd like to be able to show up at midnight and be out of there by 12:30 or so.

The thing is with those retailers is if you live in a big enough area those will be the only ones for miles open for a midnight launch.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

Definitely call the Gamestop you're going to tomorrow to get the exact details for that particular store. The guy at our store said to come in after 5 to pre-finalize the sale, another store is doing theirs after 9.

this person hit the nail on the head call your store ask what time you can finalize your receipt or if you can of in in the morning pay off your game. Then see after if pay off your game if they will finalize it right then I already paid mine off so I just need to get it finalized copy of the receipt

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

They called and told me to come at 10 to finalize payment.

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:43 AM Edited by matsix, 16 September 2013 - 04:46 AM.

Do you live in jersey by any chance? Cause there's two gamestops in the mall by me and I never understood why lol

I thought I went to the only mall with two gamestops.

The thing is with those retailers is if you live in a big enough area those will be the only ones for miles open for a midnight launch.

That's not true. Every gamestop by where I live is doing midnight release. I don't live in a very populated area. It was crazy

cause when I went to some random gamestop in the middle of no where a couple months ago to pre order gta v I asked if

they were doing a midnight release and they said most likely because they had like over 200 pre orders.

KLLRDG
  • KLLRDG

Poot

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

Paid mine off completely, still got the text.

I swear if something went wrong with my pre-order...

Philminator
  • Philminator

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

Ebgames in Canada here which is GameStop basically said that even though I paid in full I need to be there at 10 to finalize payment as I get a new receipt I need to show at midnight

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

I got a text too but I paid mine off the day I pre-ordered.  But I have to pick up some ticket that shows proof that i preordered it or something then go to another GameStop at midnight cuz the one i preordered from is closed cuz its in the mall.

SP3CTR3
  • SP3CTR3

Puncher of Demons

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Paid mine off completely, still got the text.

I swear if something went wrong with my pre-order...

i paid mine off also. i got a text but i think it just sends it in mass to whoever ordered it...don't quote me on that though. i'm going to pick mine up around when the mall opens, i ain't even going to midnight release.

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

I got this text too, I was so excited when I read it. Luckily I already paid off my copy in full so all I gotta do is go in and pick it up.

im confused ive been told different things, ive paid it all off already and have a receipt so do i still need to go in at before midnight to finalize or can i just show up at midnight?

EdgarArellano1
  • EdgarArellano1

Gangsta Squad

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

I called my Gamestop and they said I have to go get a sticker at 6 and then go midnight,

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by Bantri, 16 September 2013 - 05:02 AM.

I got a text today from Gamestop saying that my copy of GTA 5 will be available Tuesday 12:01am Tuesday, and to come in at 10pm Monday to finalize payment.

Is this necessary to go in at 10pm first to finalize it, or should I just go at midnight?

Yes, You have to go in that day to pay off the game and you will most likely get a number for the section of line you will be in at midnight. the sooner you go pay the earliest number you will get. My Gamestop said they will start doing this at 3 pm tomorrow. Enough time to do that, go to work, get off at 11 and make it back to Gamestop :p

But if you go to the midnight release you have to go in and pay it off tomorrow during the day, most likely in the evening sometime. If you aren't going for midnight and will just wait for the morning, then disregard the text. You will be able to pay the rest the next day picking it up.

All this is for is to streamline the midnight release to get everyone in and out as quick as possible without having to pay or do anything.

StalinBballin
  • StalinBballin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

I called about this, stating I had already paid my SE off.

The guy said it was just a reminder for people who HAVNE'T paid off their pre-order.
If you have your copy paid for, show up anytime after 10 and you'll be just fine.

​Although, take your receipts just incase.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

They do this for people you have pre ordered it that way you don't have to stand in line with all the people who didn't. If you go in at 10 and finalize your purchase they will give you a receipt and you come back at 12 and stand in the line that has no transactions in it. that way all you have to do is show them the receipt then they give you the game.

SWEET! :D

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

Best place is to go to a random Walmart and pick it up. I did that for Black Ops 1 and only waited in a line with 10 people while other stores like GameStop had lines out in the f*ckin streets!
I'm only going to GameStop for this only because I already paid in full my preorder of the CE a long time ago.

iEatzNiggletz
  • iEatzNiggletz

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

if you already have your copy paid off you still need to go to your gamestop and get another receipt, the finalized receipt, that way it makes the line move quicker.

• Philminator likes this

Bantri
  • Bantri

I'll kill as many animals in GTA as I damn well please

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

I called about this, stating I had already paid my SE off.

The guy said it was just a reminder for people who HAVNE'T paid off their pre-order.
If you have your copy paid for, show up anytime after 10 and you'll be just fine.

​Although, take your receipts just incase.

It doesn't matter if you have your copy paid off or not already. You need to pay it off by 10 I believe, but you have to show up to get a number, and the sooner you do that in the day the closer to the front of the line you will be. If you show up at 11 because you already paid off your pre order, you may be stuck at the end of the line way down the street.

Moostafus511
  • Moostafus511

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

I just talked to my local Gamestop employee and he told me that even though I paid mine in full to come in between 6-10pm to finalize my transaction so I don't have to wait.just show up at 12:00 grab my game and go. Get home lock myself in my room and not come out for a week or so haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users