» «
Photo

TESCO HAVE STARTED DISPATCHING

179 replies to this topic
ABurden
  • ABurden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:25 PM Edited by ABurden, 17 September 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Yup, just got my email. f*cking fantastic, called up and apparently they picked at random who actually got the f*cking CE. The f*cking nerve. Sorry for the language.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:29 PM Edited by SlingShotUK, 17 September 2013 - 05:39 PM.

WTF.. I only got £20 bloody quid refunded and other's have got the full game.

Tesco are piss takers.

**EDIT: Well just got onto the online chat and they have confirmed that *ALL* cancelled CE customers will be getting the standard edition. I tried to ask for a PS3 version instead of Xbox but they can't do that. Still better than nothing. Can now look at selling it and putting towards the expensive CE from Zavvi etc now.. 

ABurden
  • ABurden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

WTF.. I only got £20 bloody quid refunded and other's have got the full game.

Tesco are piss takers.

Well, that's the point, tesco f*cked up severely and try to blame it on something else (said rockstar didn't send enough copies) AND other people knew 5 days before now, why is it we only got our cancellations TODAY THE DAY OF RELEASE!

che_don_john
  • che_don_john

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

I pre-ordered SE from Tesco way back in November (they took the payment from my account immediately). Got an e-mail on Sunday saying it had been dispatched. Checked status online, which gives estimated delivery date of March 2013 (guessing that's because that was the original release date?!).

Came home today hoping to see it on my door matt but, alas, nothing. Bit of a disappointemnt to not receive it on release day given that I ordered it nearly 10 months ago, and people who ordered it from Tesco last week have receieved their copies.

Anyopne else in the same boat?

ABurden
  • ABurden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I pre-ordered SE from Tesco way back in November (they took the payment from my account immediately). Got an e-mail on Sunday saying it had been dispatched. Checked status online, which gives estimated delivery date of March 2013 (guessing that's because that was the original release date?!).

Came home today hoping to see it on my door matt but, alas, nothing. Bit of a disappointemnt to not receive it on release day given that I ordered it nearly 10 months ago, and people who ordered it from Tesco last week have receieved their copies.

I'd give em a ring, because I have a feeling you're in the same boat as myself, of which I rang up today for them to tell me it's been cancelled.

McTashio
  • McTashio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:02 PM Edited by McTashio, 17 September 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Yup, just got my email. f*cking fantastic, called up and apparently they picked at random who actually got the f*cking CE. The f*cking nerve. Sorry for the language.

At random? Ha what utter crap. Should of been by preorder date.

Edit: OR MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE SOLD MORE STOCK THAN THEY HAD!

• reeferross420 likes this

ABurden
  • ABurden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

At random? Ha what utter crap. Should of been by preorder date.

Edit: OR MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE SOLD MORE STOCK THAN THEY HAD!
Exactly.

che_don_john
  • che_don_john

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'd give em a ring, because I have a feeling you're in the same boat as myself, of which I rang up today for them to tell me it's been cancelled.

Just spoke to them, they reassured me that it had been dispatched and that any delays were due to Royal Mail as it had been sent first class.

Guess there's not much else that can be done; they're blaming Royal Mail, who in turn can just say that first class can take a couple of days during busy periods.

I'm never usually bothered about playing games on release dates, but it's just that I preordered it in November and they certainly didn't delay in taking my money, so I think it's only fair that they show the same urgency in ensuring that I receieve the game on time!

Furious Anger
  • Furious Anger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:41 PM Edited by Furious Anger, 17 September 2013 - 06:42 PM.

ive jus got the email f*ckin hate tesco we are unable to fulfil my order wankers

Well well, who'd have thunk it ......... a seller of groceries, invited people to buy a videogame, £20 below what others were selling it for, took more orders than they could fulfil and monumentally screwed up by not contacting affected "customers" until the release date.Quite frankly im shocked, except of course, that I am not in the slightest bit surprised.

Amazons price that basically killed everyone (including supermarkets) have plenty of disgruntled customers through non delivery and just about every other seller of the standard edition has a percentage of orders, as yet undelivered due to Rockstars "request" that nobody despatch until 16th September.

Yeah well done everyone.Penalise some of your most ardent and "fever pitch" customers by not getting them the game by the release date. 

Next stop COD Ghosts for much much more, of the same.

zhris
  • zhris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

Just heard the news from Tesco Direct that they have cancelled my order, nearly a day after release date. I ordered collectors edition just under 3 months ago. Atleast I get a free copy (unless they cancel this too lol). What a disappointment, especially after I watched my brother unbox his, which he brought through ASDA. I'll never trust pre-ordering via Tesco Direct ever again.

Alegendisborn
  • Alegendisborn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by Alegendisborn, 17 September 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Just heard the news from Tesco Direct that they have cancelled my order, nearly a day after release date. I ordered collectors edition just under 3 months ago. Atleast I get a free copy (unless they cancel this too lol). What a disappointment, especially after I watched my brother unbox his, which he brought through ASDA. I'll never trust pre-ordering via Tesco Direct ever again.

That is crazy since I ordered the CE at the start of August, got the dispatch email the other day. I didn't receive it today but was informed it was sent 1st class yesterday so hopefully gets here tomorrow.

englishpunk
  • englishpunk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

Exactly the same here, ordered in November, delivery stated March release date, no delivery today.

I know it's not been cancelled, but they've been feeding me "We wait 10 days before chasing Royal Mail", now I don't care if it's Royal Mail's fault in Tesco's eyes, it's their choice of deliverer, they are ones I ordered from, not the Royal Mail. I'm sure it'll be here tomorrow (as the one I ordered as a gift will also be delivered to it's destination), but that's not what was being sold ! :angry:

reeferross420
  • reeferross420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

i pre ordered the CE last month and i got the email  :cry: at 4:32pm today i was fuming. they refunded my full money and give me a free copy of standard edition which will be delivered before friday. but thats not the point the fact is they where selling them in there stores last night and today and we are sat here with f*ck all. they knew on sunday night that they wernt going to have enough because people started receiving there cancellation emails. ive believe they have broken the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 check out this link 

http://www.which.co....gulations-2008/

strandedninja
  • strandedninja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

You may have a case under "misleading actions".

Here's what I got:

The Tesco terms on their site state that by ordering from them, you are 'making an offer to buy' and will only be classed as a contract if you recieve a dispatched notice.

If you have a dispatch confirmation and you do not recieve your item after a period of time (I can't remember what the constraints were - sorry!), you are within your rights to charge the original vendor the cost of what it took to replace the item. i.e. if you had paid £90 originally and then had to pay £190 to get the same item, the original vendor would owe you £100 plus the original refund.

The big problem is finding out how many they ordered in and how many orders they took. I was told that the CEs were being sent on a "First come, First served basis" and the cut off date was 27th August. I ordered mine on the 29th! If the 27th was the cut off date, why were they still taking orders, KNOWING that they could not fulfill them.

If you ordered before the 27th and have not got your copy then with the facts that have been given, you must ask why?

I'm not a legal person but have worked in retail long enough to know that somebody needs to own up!

ABurden
  • ABurden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hs anyone received their refund and compensation, either the game or money. Called today, was told nothing has been processed and my replacement free copy has not been dispatched. Tesco, never again.

zhris
  • zhris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hs anyone received their refund and compensation, either the game or money. Called today, was told nothing has been processed and my replacement free copy has not been dispatched. Tesco, never again.

I received my refund and free copy yesterday.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

I got my refund on the 18th - just checked - but no game yet. I did contact their online support when I heard others were getting free games and was told I would definitely get one. I asked for e-mail confirmation which they said they would send but didn't get any, so wondering if they did actually add me to the list - though they said that would be automatic.. Going to have to chase them again me thinks :|

Baux
  • Baux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Found this thread and thought i'd share my experience with Tescos and GTA V CE 360 Pre-order.

I noticed a few days before release there was a bug on the order page stating it had been dispatched on the 15/09 and due for delivery on the 19th so i contacted customer support via email and a nice women assured me i would receive my copy on the day of release and it had not been dispatched yet.

On the day of release i didn't receive anything and having taken the day off work i was pretty annoyed, so i phoned the entertainment dept customer services and they told me for some reason although it was a 'high value' item it had been dispatched via royal mail 1st class rather than TNT and of course they didn't have an explanation and were 'looking into it'. Although they assured me it would arrive later today in an 'emergency delivery' via RM, but as far as i'm aware my postman only comes once a day, if that. I also checked in with my local sorting office while i was out and they told me everything had gone out for delivery this morning.

It still hasn't arrived and it's the 21st now! I've contacted them a few times via phone but all that came of that was a £20 refund and being told to wait 10 days from dispatch so they can declare it lost to the royal mail and either give me a replacement or a refund. We all know it will be a refund as the CE sold out a while back. I've bought a standard edition since then because i couldn't wait but it sucks playing through the game without the DLC you've been expecting let alone the rest of the CE's contents.

I ordered from Tesco's because of the price and the apparent guaranteed release date delivery (ordered on the 12/06/2013), i won't be doing that again. To be honest i think it's more likely that they ran out of CE's to ship and made all of this up so they can blame it on the royal mail and not take the blame. I'll update this if i hear any news from them.

Furious Anger
  • Furious Anger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Baux,

From what I read, Tesco took a lot more orders for the C.E. than they had stock to fulfil, so they did a "pull names out of a hat" system for those they would send the CE out to, seemingly.

Apparently as a "goodwill gesture" they were refunding in full, orders they couldn't fulfil and sending out a "free" copy of the standard version of GTA V,so chances are, this is what you will end up with.

lucieelou
  • lucieelou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

i got my copy yesterday. :)

Baux
  • Baux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Baux,

From what I read, Tesco took a lot more orders for the C.E. than they had stock to fulfil, so they did a "pull names out of a hat" system for those they would send the CE out to, seemingly.

Apparently as a "goodwill gesture" they were refunding in full, orders they couldn't fulfil and sending out a "free" copy of the standard version of GTA V,so chances are, this is what you will end up with.

Yeah unfortunately that is what i suspected after reading this thread.  

Furious Anger
  • Furious Anger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Baux,

Must be a major pisser for you, but its a lesson for people, just because a site shows a low offer price, doesn't always mean it will pay off in the long run, although a free standard copy isn't too bad as "goodwill" I suppose ?

Baux
  • Baux

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Baux,

Must be a major pisser for you, but its a lesson for people, just because a site shows a low offer price, doesn't always mean it will pay off in the long run, although a free standard copy isn't too bad as "goodwill" I suppose ?

Yeah not much i can do now other than hope for delivery but i doubt it very much.It is a good gesture that they are offering a free version of the game but unless i can refund the free copy its pretty useless to me as i've already purchased one which i was planning to trade in at Game (and lose some money) when i got my CE in the post.

Furious Anger
  • Furious Anger

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Baux,

Yeah not much i can do now other than hope for delivery but i doubt it very much.It is a good gesture that they are offering a free version of the game but unless i can refund the free copy its pretty useless to me as i've already purchased one which i was planning to trade in at Game (and lose some money) when i got my CE in the post.

So, use the "free" copy you get from Tesco by returning it to where you purchased your standard version from ? if nowt else you can get the equivalent in "store credit" or vouchers ? Or, if all else fails, sell your "spare" copy to CEX for £38 !

reeferross420
  • reeferross420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

well after my experience same as everyone elses who preorded the CE and it didnt come.

On the 17th as soon as i got the email, i was furious!, i went on tesco web chat and told them to shove gta v standard edition up their ass well i thought they would still send it me...   i was wrong, took friday off thinking i was getting my gta didnt come so i went on tesco web chat they told me they took it as a refusal.   my own fault shouting my mouth off.    got another free one on way now coming on tuesday lol    

:sui:  :panic:  :r*:  :cry:  :facedesk:

lickylickyballbags
  • lickylickyballbags

Touch my prostate

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

you ball sacks.. thats why i just went to my local asda store and bought it the day of release.. f*ck planning and waiting on all that crap.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by Wheatley, 23 September 2013 - 06:58 PM.

I've said this countless times before; Tesco are awful when it comes to things like this. I ordered the Max Payne 3 Collectors Edition a couple of weeks before release of the game on PC and they cancelled mine too. So I decided to forget them and ordered from GameStop UK instead, they had much better service.

Never go to Tesco again, you've been warned.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Well no sign of my complimentary copy of the game yet.. Though very weirdly, today I received a GTA V t-shirt from Rockstar Warehouse. Was wondering if this was R* doing something for those who missed out on the CE due to Tesco's incompetence. Was very strange.

I also finally got a CE today, with everything apart from the DLC. Paid £92 on E-Bay which wasn't too bad compared to how much they go for at the moment. With the free game and the money I got back I should come out ok. Still annoying though.

metalpiedmon
  • metalpiedmon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Well no sign of my complimentary copy of the game yet.. Though very weirdly, today I received a GTA V t-shirt from Rockstar Warehouse. Was wondering if this was R* doing something for those who missed out on the CE due to Tesco's incompetence. Was very strange.

I also finally got a CE today, with everything apart from the DLC. Paid £92 on E-Bay which wasn't too bad compared to how much they go for at the moment. With the free game and the money I got back I should come out ok. Still annoying though.

Amazon.co.uk have some collectors editions in stock at 109.99

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Amazon.co.uk have some collectors editions in stock at 109.99

Man I knew I should have waited before I went to E-Bay.

Though the last chapter on the Tesco fiasco is that I contacted them last night via online support.. Guess what.. They didn't put my order in for the standard on time and now it's out of stock..

This after I contacted them last week to check that I would be getting it and was assured (yet again).

On the upside, because of that they offered me the PS3 CE for £50 as they have it in stock now. So I went for that. I want the game on PS3 as well anyway and will now probably sell my Xbox CE minus DLC.

What a mess this has all been but must admit what they have offered hasn't been too bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users