Photo

TESCO HAVE STARTED DISPATCHING

179 replies to this topic
ABurden
  • ABurden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

I also have just got off the web chat with Craig and he said I'm not on the cancelled list nor am I on the dispatched lost, so he's lost, and is going to call me back in the morning. Totally downbeat.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Are you guys waiting on the standard edition, limited or collectors?

metalpiedmon
  • metalpiedmon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm waiting on the collectors edition, which i ordered in June

ABurden
  • ABurden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I also am waiting on the collectors.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Just hoping my order was a case of them running out of stock rather than being fobbed off and letting them cancel my order.

Have only had £10 on top of the order being refunded when promised £20. Really is annoying this whole mess.

When did you place your order ABurden?

McTashio
  • McTashio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Collectors. Ordered 18th of August, so after yours. Expecting the worst. I just need to know for sure so I can make other plans.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Good luck. You never know, Tesco may have cocked up regardless of order date. All seems like a major mess to me.

I'm going to head to the midnight Game launch and try to pick up a Special Edition. Then will try to get the CE items on Ebay or something.. Means missing out on the blimp though grrr.

ABurden
  • ABurden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Yup I placed mine roughly 20th August-ish, I also would just like a certainty. Just to know what is going on.

strandedninja
  • strandedninja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hi all, I've been on tescos back since my cancellation email last Thursday. The issue of stock is tesco direct not their stores, I called my local store who said that all tesco extras will have the CE for midnight.
Got in touch with said store and they are holding me a copy as an apology. I've not had my refund yet but had a dispatch email. The mail says "CARRIER: NA" which to tesco means that it has not shipped.

If you are not getting yours from direct due to their stock issue, get to your local Extra.

McTashio
  • McTashio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:09 PM Edited by McTashio, 16 September 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Hi all, I've been on tescos back since my cancellation email last Thursday. The issue of stock is tesco direct not their stores, I called my local store who said that all tesco extras will have the CE for midnight.
Got in touch with said store and they are holding me a copy as an apology. I've not had my refund yet but had a dispatch email. The mail says "CARRIER: NA" which to tesco means that it has not shipped.

If you are not getting yours from direct due to their stock issue, get to your local Extra.

I've had no email about cancellation nor an email saying it's been dispatched. My CE is in limbo, so I don't even know if I need to go to a store to get one. Which means I'll also miss out on the Blimp aswell as all the CE guff.

Up until about 2 hours ago, they told be it was a blip in the computer system and that I should get my preorder tomorrow, but now after what you guys have all said I'm worried and want to know for sure wtf is going on.

BmoreKrazyKen
  • BmoreKrazyKen

Displaced Gamer

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

Watching people play this game on TWITCH.TV

It's hard as hell LOL

metalpiedmon
  • metalpiedmon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

I've had no email about cancellation nor an email saying it's been dispatched. My CE is in limbo, so I don't even know if I need to go to a store to get one. Which means I'll also miss out on the Blimp aswell as all the CE guff.

I am in the same situation as you, I have ordered the special edition from Game now as well so if Tesco do let me down i will still get the blueprint map and a few of the extras. But if Tesco do deliver (Fingers crossed) then i will sell the special edition or cancel the order if it has not been processed. What platform did you order it for?

McTashio
  • McTashio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I am in the same situation as you, I have ordered the special edition from Game now as well so if Tesco do let me down i will still get the blueprint map and a few of the extras. But if Tesco do deliver (Fingers crossed) then i will sell the special edition or cancel the order if it has not been processed. What platform did you order it for?

360, it seems PS3 has no problems afaik.

metalpiedmon
  • metalpiedmon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

Mine is 360 too, my mate ordered his a few weeks back on PS3 and he has had dispatch notification. Its really annoying that Tesco do not have a clue what is going on

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hey that's promising. I could head to my local Extra. I tried calling but it won't connect me so can't ask. I assume they will be doing the launch as it's an Extra. Just wonder if there will be any stock for the CE.

I can't reserve it so not sure what to do. Be gutting to drive out that way and not be able to get it.

reeferross420
  • reeferross420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

ive still no email or anything. lets just hope no news good news i  :panic:

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Right off to Tesco Express I go.. Best case I find a CE that I can buy without a pre-order.. Worst case, I can't even buy the standard edition..

Man, Tesco Direct have a lot to answer for.

• metalpiedmon likes this

reeferross420
  • reeferross420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

@slingshot where are you from

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

@slingshot where are you from

Nottingham.

strandedninja
  • strandedninja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

I ordered 360 version. I might not get the blimp but that can be got other ways.

I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to give me the direct number for my local Extra store, it's normally an 0845 number!

As I said, the Extra store will have stock of the CE but for how long who knows?

AshS1911
  • AshS1911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:45 PM Edited by AshS1911, 16 September 2013 - 10:45 PM.

Just registered to chime in , Tesco screwed me over as well and i'm from the same area as SlingShot . Pre-ordered the CE for 360 around 20th of August , got the dispatch email and everything then decided to jump on live chat with Tesco just to be sure . Got told that every order cancelled or not automatically gets updated to dispatched and i was pretty much out of luck . So yeah this time around so much for "Every Little Helps" .

reeferross420
  • reeferross420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

@slingshotuk was it special edition u ordered? ive ordered ce. gutted for you when i read. just hope im a lucky one which is never the case  :sui:

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Thanks so much for posting mate - you have given me hope. I used the 0845 which is useless. Ah well.. here goes. will be there gone midnight but might as well try.

metalpiedmon
  • metalpiedmon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

Thanks so much for posting mate - you have given me hope. I used the 0845 which is useless. Ah well.. here goes. will be there gone midnight but might as well try.

Good Luck Dude

reeferross420
  • reeferross420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

@slingshotuk ye hope u get one @metalpiedmon u had any luck mate?

Jumantj
  • Jumantj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by Jumantj, 16 September 2013 - 10:55 PM.

I also ordered the CE (360) from tesco my date is the 19th for delivery contacted them today they seemed to think it would arrive tommorow i ordered way back in June so hoping i will definatly get the CE customer service said this: We have sent the Collector's Ed version to our couriers already so they have them in time to deliver tomorrow. They are fully prepared for the amount, so we don't foresee any problems as it stands, unless you have been advised otherwise. which sounded convincing he then had this to say am sure you will be smiling tommorrow playing your game without a care in the world. which i thought was funny i am confident but have recieved orders late from tesco before i have been toying with the idea or going and getting a copy anyway tonight :/!!!

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

I've decided I'm going in to Tesco at 7 in the morning before college, do you reckon they'll have it in stock?

metalpiedmon
  • metalpiedmon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

@reeferross420 nothing yet dude, how about you?

strandedninja
  • strandedninja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

@ everyone who is hunting.........good luck!

Jumantj
  • Jumantj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

I think its ridiculous how they can sell in store on release but not fulfill everyones orders god help them for the next gen pre orders which i have committed to also :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users