Was it like this with previous GTAs?

32 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

I wasn't around on these forums before Vice City, SA and IV so I don't know how the reactions were. Did you have a bunch of people nitpicking every single thing based on some leaked footage or is this reaction a new thing?

Paaldanzen Danzma
  • Paaldanzen Danzma

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Don't think so....

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

I remember GTA IV being like this

ladx
  • ladx

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

its a new trend 

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Its like for most games now.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

People f*cking hated IV

RastaMentality
  • RastaMentality

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

People f*cking hated IV

They did right at release? Oh wow didn't know that.

rave2012
  • rave2012

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

We didnt have Internet and youtube in the Vice City San Andreas days but IV was like this with a smaller crowd I believe

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by GTASeriesFan, 15 September 2013 - 08:07 PM.

We didnt have Internet and youtube in the Vice City San Andreas days but IV was like this with a smaller crowd I believe

What do you mean you didnt have internet. This forum has been around since the late 90s

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yeah when Vice City and San Andreas were out the internet was still semi-young, no Facebook, YouTube, Twitter or Reddit (god can you imagine?) Plus GTAForums was still only like 1-2 years old so the only real hype like this properly started with IV

gregory9000
  • gregory9000

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

ah yes 2004. known commonly of course as the stone age

• CJ_Banshee likes this

JonRenemy
  • JonRenemy

Greater Than Great

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

GTA IV speculation and hype was massive.

sinceGTAIII
  • sinceGTAIII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

People who enjoy the game are playing the game, so no positive posting, and haterz want to vent, so lots of negative posting. It just looks like everyone hates GTAV. imho

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

I must admit even though it looks great from what I have seen I am getting worried. Are people seeing something I am not seeing that brings the game down?

alexbrugs
  • alexbrugs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

I wasn't much involved in social media when GTA IV was released. I was not even aware of how many people disliked the game until sometime last year. I really didn't mind the game at all and I wished I did not listen to the criticism of GTA V. I think the problem with the internet is when someone starts complaining, everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

People who enjoy the game are playing the game, so no positive posting, and haterz want to vent, so lots of negative posting. It just looks like everyone hates GTAV. imho

Exactly. Feelings about the game here is disproportionate. Everyone who is enjoying the game is playing it and having fun. Everyone who is nitpicking and bitching are here telling us about it. Probably won't get those  positive reviews until the game is finished by those who liked it.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

It is very noticeable that there is a lack of people on here now, I mean you can come on here, post in a topic and that topic stays in the front page for a lot longer than it did before the game leaked out. And I agree with your post on the haters. Soon all the people that pretend to hate the game will be playing too and everything will be leveled out. The forums will go into hibernation for a month.

ToffeeFan
  • ToffeeFan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

New name but not new exactly I just can't remember my old Username/Password.  I joined here and was active here originally when San Andreas was released and a year or two after.  It wasn't like this at all it was mainly tongue in cheek UFO and Big Foot hunting threads for a lot of that time.

Skozza89
  • Skozza89

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

Good win btw bro (from a Liverpool fan) haha N i wasn't this hyped for other GTA's. But GTA V Has really had me going for some time lol 

Doofey
  • Doofey

Old Skool, you know it!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Back in the GTA 3 days, these forums were great. 99.9% of topics and posts were intelligent.
Of course the typical troll here and nothing. But nothing like what is on here today.

2001 was a great time indeed. :)
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Reach For The Dead

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:13 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 15 September 2013 - 09:15 PM.

Back in the GTA 3 days, these forums were great. 99.9% of topics and posts were intelligent.
Of course the typical troll here and nothing. But nothing like what is on here today.

No offence to new folks on the forum but each new title brings a whole bunch of retards. Some new members are great - its just that a lot of them are annoying... not all of course. Im sure a

bunch of people just join with not much intention of learning general forum etiquette, GTAF rules and sticking around. Also, there is a worrying amount of kids. IV'S hype was huge and there was a huge membership increase but over time a majority of the dickheads mature or f*ck off.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

These forums were great a week ago and then after the leaks it seemed like a shirtstorm had arrived

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

I remember lurking here for IV.. wow people trashed that, they hated it..

Its not so much worse this time, its just the people are proper retards that can't read or make no f*cking sense.

droppdeadd
  • droppdeadd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

I've been here pre-san Andreas and close to game releases it always gets crazy. The act of trolling is fairly new, but there were f*cking idiots back then as well. But back then it was spoilers in the titles. So many spoilers in the titles. Everyone and their mother did it. I'd take stupid posts over spoilers anyday.

calearne
  • calearne

GTAO is a complete abomination compared to GTA IV multiplayer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

How was it here for the SA launch?

I'm guessing not much complaints, I wish I could of been here back then.

Were there lots of threads about hot coffee?

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Some people hated 4 while others loved it. It's the same now. It's just the way it is. Except with V some people hate the car damage and handling. That's really all I see people complain about. Rockstar can't please everyone.

• Mister Pink likes this

Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I remember lurking the forums and people absolutely sh*tted on GTA IV

droppdeadd
  • droppdeadd

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

Yeah people were FREAKING OUT over San Andreas lol. There were so many hot coffee threads but big foot was one of the biggest talked about things ever. Even before the game was out.

Doofey
  • Doofey

Old Skool, you know it!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Ah yes, Bigfoot. People would not shut up about Bigfoot. But it was still fun, lol

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

It was different around 2003, there werent new threads every 3 seconds. People were discussing few main things in few threads. When San Andreas came out things started to get a little worse with bigfoot and alien threads. At that point, I left the forums. 

I went back sometime at 2009 to read things about GTA4 and forums were really similliar like today. I was here for like a week or two, then left again. 

Then I forgot all the login details so I had to register again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users