Photo

Farewell GTA IV & Thankyou

6 replies to this topic
James_Hurst
  • James_Hurst

PSN: jameshurst7

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

Well I've played my last parts on GTA IV. 

Sure it wasn't as good as many of us would of liked but it provided us all with hours of enjoyment and introduced the HD era of Grand Theft Auto.

Here's to V and the future of GTA

Happy gaming

• mikeinthahouse and MisterFR3SH like this

Jonboy507
  • Jonboy507

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Jonboy507, 15 September 2013 - 07:51 PM.

Amen.

I'll be finishing off my chronological, multi-protagonist run-through of the story tomorrow, and I guess I'll be a tad nostalgic. I'd be kidding myself if I said that, despite spending years on the game, GTA IV has a brilliant replay value. Its activities were repetitive, its missions were stale on occasion, and its multiplayer was inundated with relentless modders. Yet, even with its successor coming out on Tuesday, this is still a world class game. All it needed was a bit of imagination, a bit of creativity, and you could do anything you wanted.

For example, a year back me and a few mates made the most ridiculous iron man/triathlon-style race, except with like seven stages. It involved landing Annihilators on the roof of the Grotti Turismo car shop in Algonquin, racing to get the Ripleys in the airport, doing a stint in buses, and finally landing a bike on the barge just off the airport runway. First one there was the winner. Epic stuff, the kind of thing that required thinking out the box to come up with. Those who complained about the game were the ones who needed telling what to do all the time. GTA IV didn't do an awful lot of that as it didn't pack many side missions or online stuff to do.

That race soon became one of several stupid 'events' that we packed into our own GTA Olympics. Before long IV was the game of choice amongst us all, even when the likes of FIFA and CoD continued to dish out annual releases. We made our own fun on a game that to others was dead and pointless to play.

No doubt V will be better, but unlike most I look back at this game fondly. It never got the plaudits it deserved.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

GTA IV was a hell of a game.

James_Hurst
  • James_Hurst

PSN: jameshurst7

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

For example, a year back me and a few mates made the most ridiculous iron man/triathlon-style race, except with like seven stages. It involved landing Annihilators on the roof of the Grotti Turismo car shop in Algonquin, racing to get the Ripleys in the airport, doing a stint in buses, and finally landing a bike on the barge just off the airport runway.

That's what it's all about brother. 

I think too many people didn't appreciate GTA IV for what it was. Like the gentlemen above me said, it was a hell of a game.

GTAV2011
  • GTAV2011

GTAV...2013

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hey cousin, wanna go to Los Santos?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

IV was amazing and I could not imagine a better game...until now.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

GTA IV was a hell of a game.

Say's it all really. 

GTA IV has been the most brilliant game to play over the past 5/6 years and still is today, and will be for years to come. I dread the day multiplayer goes offline. I will be there with probably very. very few others to see it to the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users