If 2 persons own the same house?

23 replies to this topic
BazookaFille
  • BazookaFille

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hi,

Couldn't find this question when I searched the forum.

Let's say I've bought a flat and is now online on some server. What happens if You have bought the same flat during a game, and now joins the server I'm at?

Maybe i'm missing some info bout the mechanics of the game. :)

Thank you!

JYP_KR
  • JYP_KR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Going by your story, we will both have separate flats regardless if they are the same exact one. When you are inside your own property online, it is like another world to yourself separate from the outside world. No one will be able to "enter" your room unless they are invited by you.

So if all 16 players in the online world have bought the same flat, they still will be the only ones in their flat regardless of the fact that 16 people own the same one. 

Does that make sense?

My source: TypicalGamer on Youtube. He has a lot of GTA5 videos and does Q&A's which have answered this question. 

• KimberJane likes this

BazookaFille
  • BazookaFille

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Going by your story, we will both have separate flats regardless if they are the same exact one. When you are inside your own property online, it is like another world to yourself separate from the outside world. No one will be able to "enter" your room unless they are invited by you.

So if all 16 players in the online world have bought the same flat, they still will be the only ones in their flat regardless of the fact that 16 people own the same one. 

Does that make sense?

My source: TypicalGamer on Youtube. He has a lot of GTA5 videos and does Q&A's which have answered this question.

Thank you Mr! Exactly what I wanted to know.

Best regards,
BazookaFille

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Thanks, I was wondering this too.

Member#1
  • Member#1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

So, let's say you're on your front lawn and another player comes along to enter his house (which is the same house as yours), will you kill him/her?

JYP_KR
  • JYP_KR

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • South-Korea

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:48 PM Edited by Mr_Hate_Me, 16 September 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Yes, one may choose to do that. Just like how trolls will camp the bank area looking to rob those trying to deposit their earnings.

But remember, you may choose to enable "Passive mode"

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

How has TypicalGamer already played GTA:O? 

What you described is basically the only was I could figure out how they'd do it, just thought it would be really weird if, say, four people try to go home at the same time. How do the garages work? If I'm trying to park in my garage at my house and someone else is doing the same....do I have to wait for him to park his car in the garage, have the garage close, then the game automatically knows I'm the next in queue, so it loads my cars into the garage so I can go get them? 

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Was wondering that too!

Thanks for the answer!

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

You will drive up to the garage and it will prompt you to press right on the d-pad to teleport you into the garage; that's how it works with the garage dlc...

mcoles19
  • mcoles19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

Im assuming you can purchase larger garages or warehouse like buildings separate from your apartment/house in order to store cars. Im basing from the online video we see a ten car garage i haven't seen any houses with this much room for storage. I believe they would work just like the garages in the single player D-Pad entry.

LeoTarred
  • LeoTarred

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Does that make sense?

But what if we both wanted to throw a party in the garden?

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

I believe the system works somewhat like this.

Player X goes to Apartment entrance Y, click RightPad to enter.

Even if Player Y goes to same entrance, by clicking RightPad, he/she will enter his/her own Instance/Apartment.

Thus, several people can use the same entrance.

Then you can of course invite friends over to your Apartment if you wish.

FrostKnivEz
  • FrostKnivEz

Just epicly epic me

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Does that make sense?

Oh sh*t, thanks. I get it now

Rafkin
  • Rafkin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

What about outside areas like a pool?

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Yes, one may choose to do that. Just like how trolls will camp the bank area looking to rob those trying to deposit their earnings.

But remember, you may choose to enable "Passive mode"

I think the passive mode is only available after dying so that when you come back alive you cant be killed / kill others straight away

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

So, let's say you're on your front lawn and another player comes along to enter his house (which is the same house as yours), will you kill him/her?

Does that make sense?

You can only buy apartments and no physical buildings (like Michaels house that could only exist once). A guy went around the map using the blueprint map you get in the collectors edition (I think) and every safehouse was apparently an apartment complex (he took like 35 pictures, all buildings were apartment complexes, not a single house).

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Does that make sense?

You can only buy apartments and no physical buildings (like Michaels house that could only exist once). A guy went around the map using the blueprint map you get in the collectors edition (I think) and every safehouse was apparently an apartment complex (he took like 35 pictures, all buildings were apartment complexes, not a single house).

Could you post this link? thanks

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

You can buy physical houses.... Not just apartments.

hungover part 2
  • hungover part 2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

Does that make sense?

I hope not as i have seen a lot of nice houses for sale which are on their own and people don't want appartments, i would prefer places like michaels or franklins

33oH
  • 33oH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

What about maybe renting a house while your on a server. like as long as you dont sign out you get to keep that house as long as your on. and they connect you with servers with people who dont own that house. how does that sound?

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:17 AM

Good info, been wondering a lot of the same stuff.

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

I think housing will be instanced too, but it will be silly if 30+ players all run home to the same house at the end of the day so i don't know how they will manage that.

VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

I'd like to know how this works... As in the GTA Online gameplay video (official) the guy is in an apartment with huge windows and he can see outside and other players fly, drive and cause madness there.

Then if all 16 players own that same apartment, will it be that the building has 16 different apartment at different floors so everytime you join a new session it will randomize which floor or 1st person in server gets highest floor and next person one floor below and so on.

I don't see how they could do actual houses because what happens if all 16 use it as their main house? It would suck if I bought a cool apartment and (if we can) decorated it with tons of money and then I join a server and boom. I can't enter it because someone else lives in it already :/ I'm fine with the apartments but how about blaine county? Is there enough buildings to allow this or will we all just live in Los Santos?

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

Does that make sense?

Could you post this link? thanks

http://streamerhouse...3/09/BPTMap.jpg

Go around the map yourself, I can't manage to find the imgur album anymore (the one that had pictures of the hotels/apartment buildings).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users