Photo

"Stealth mode" or crouch?

7 replies to this topic
polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

I actually haven't seen anybody crouch yet, but in videos when someone goes to the controls menu, what would usually be the crouch button instead says "Stealth mode". Does anyone know what crouching looks like, if it exists, or is stealth mode just when they slightly lean over?

demotay
  • demotay

WHOS YOUR DADDY?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

i heard that the stealth mode replaces crouch because you're much quieter in stealth mode

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

There is no crouch, it's just a stealth mode and cover mode.

celozzip
  • celozzip

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

no crouching, stealth mode looks like this: 

the_pink_panther_sneaking_around_mouse_m

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:52 PM Edited by polycount, 15 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Wow, that's a real disappointment. No crouching? :/ Why? I would use it to move along cover without actually having to go into cover in previous rockstar games (or any game involving it, for that matter).

That's quite a questionable design decision..

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by DymeDef, 15 September 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Stealth replaced crouch. I am kind of upset with this, but honestly, any time you were crouching you could use cover in IV. The difference now, is cover actually is useful and easy to get off and whatnot. So crouching has become almost useless, thanks to cover being more responsive. I still would have liked to see a crouch button along with the stealth button but oh well. Stealth actually really works too, so it wasn't just a loss of a combat function because being stealthy now can be fun and actually work lol.

Poly, I thought that at first until I got into cover and used it. The cover system is really good and you can pull off cover at any time without having to press a button. Overall the crouch has been hardly missed in necessity, and only been missed for the fact I want it for certain things.

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Stealth replaced crouch. I am kind of upset with this, but honestly, any time you were crouching you could use cover in IV. The difference now, is cover actually is useful and easy to get off and whatnot. So crouching has become almost useless, thanks to cover being more responsive. I still would have liked to see a crouch button along with the stealth button but oh well. Stealth actually really works too, so it wasn't just a loss of a combat function because being stealthy now can be fun and actually work lol.

Poly, I thought that at first until I got into cover and used it. The cover system is really good and you can pull off cover at any time without having to press a button. Overall the crouch has been hardly missed in necessity, and only been missed for the fact I want it for certain things.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully it won't bother me as much as I think it will. 

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully it won't bother me as much as I think it will. 

At first I thought it was going to get on my nerves, but it really isn't that big of a deal. Still would have been nice to have though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users