Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are you happy with the car/driving physics?

56 replies to this topic
thestig93
  • thestig93

Wanted for Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

And for those of you complaining about physics look at this please 

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

What refute did you see there? It's even worse than I taught. Look at the jump at 1:32, unforgivably awful. 

ChuckE
  • ChuckE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Listen...
There are racing games out there..
Most recently, Grid 2..
Now, as a racing game its fantastic..yes there are some who say the handling is too arcadey..but still..its fine.
GTA 5 is NOT a racing/driving sim full stop.
The handling is dead on.
Jeez, I'm even getting used to using R2 accelerate

The what was the reason to change physics in GTA 4? They  should have left SA driving model.

Well..its back to near what SA was if that pleases you mate..

One thing I forgot..
Motorcycles aren't overly great..too skittish, maybe practice will help

That is the thing that does not please me. Because there was GTA 4. Yes it was rather boring and not very colorful but there was interesting driving model where it was interesting simply to drive cars.

That's all.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm starting to feel disappointed now. From the videos I've watched, the cars seem to weigh f*ck all. No screaching wheels with a hard turn at speed. What's the f*ck is this. 

I don't want to conclude without playing the game first, but this is how it looks - And I hope to Ken f*cking Block I'm wrong.

donconjo
  • donconjo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Me happy except for the airtime car control

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:52 PM Edited by Limiter, 15 September 2013 - 08:53 PM.

I hated it in GTA SA when I can lift the nose of the AT400 while taxiing. :( Totally unrealistic. I was hoping R* learns their lesson with V, but apparently some people confirmed no.

Does R* seriously believe that its fun to have planes take off very quickly with only a short distance of takeoff roll?? What's the point of having an airport with a runway if the plane can very well take off on a highway?? :(

Whoever in R* actually nodded a yes to approve the aircraft handling needs to ride more airplanes (or use more common sense). Normally I don't complain if it is not too bad, but this is garbage.

O.Z
  • O.Z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm starting to feel disappointed now. From the videos I've watched, the cars seem to weigh f*ck all. No screaching wheels with a hard turn at speed. What's the f*ck is this. 

I don't want to conclude without playing the game first, but this is how it looks - And I hope to Ken f*cking Block I'm wrong.

Yep, confirmed by a lot of people, its like SR's driving model. Very disappointing

OurMotherEarth
  • OurMotherEarth

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

i am happy

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

So obviously there are many people who are unhappy with the look/feel of the physics when driving. Personally, I think it's a step forward from GTA IV and find the latest physics quite realistic (stiffer suspension etc).
So are you happy with the physics? Your opinions?

Stiffer suspension sounds good. I will report back when I play it. If cars still automatically firmly apply the brakes when I let off the gas, I may try to return the game lol. I don't see why Rockstar wouldn't fix something so easy to fix like that though, especially considering all the work they put into the game.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Small details that are missed out annoy me to a certain extent. Others aren't fussed in regards to the de-acceleration issue, can't understand why though because it's quite a prominent & annoying problem when driving.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that recognizes this. People have been so hostile to this suggestion and seem to think that the rapid deceleration is more convenient. I try to explain it to them in my thread (http://gtaforums.com...like-in-gta-iv/) but to no avail.

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

Cars also stop too quickly when you let of the gas. Cars are supposed to coast when you let off the gas not stop in 5 seconds...

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

ijy1l944mgr95.gif

plane takes off at 20mph?

sh*te easy saints row handling and physics for everything...

this game is for 5 year olds ... its a joke

R* aint trying to be a flying sim. Honestly aint fun if you are under fire from all those guards and you have to taxi yourself to the runway for more space.

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:26 AM Edited by Rafe, 16 September 2013 - 02:26 AM.

lane takes off at 20mph?

Wow, didn't see this. This is so depressing. 20 MPH take off of fixed wing non VTOL aircraft. Saints Row man...

Saints Row. 

donconjo
  • donconjo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:22 AM Edited by donconjo, 16 September 2013 - 04:34 AM.

Try to reverse a big ass passenger jet....it takes ages. Awesome to fly

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

So obviously there are many people who are unhappy with the look/feel of the physics when driving. Personally, I think it's a step forward from GTA IV and find the latest physics quite realistic (stiffer suspension etc).

So are you happy with the physics? Your opinions?

Stiffer suspension sounds good. I will report back when I play it. If cars still automatically firmly apply the brakes when I let off the gas, I may try to return the game lol. I don't see why Rockstar wouldn't fix something so easy to fix like that though, especially considering all the work they put into the game. 

Lol so you hunt down every car thread just to post this comment? Wait and see already.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

I know gamers are used to whining in online games to get their way, but this is a gta game. It will not change. Shut up.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

i'm not bothered by it. this isn't forza/gran turismo.

Speccy
  • Speccy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:11 AM Edited by Dr.Dbl-Gee, 16 September 2013 - 07:15 AM.

Sorry, double post! ...iPhone bs.

Speccy
  • Speccy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

I still remember the experience of having played GTA 3 for the first time, in my early teens... I was simply fascinated by the overwhelming amount of different cars, where each one was unique and I could drive whichever I preferred. But most of all, I was struck by the level detail this game bared. It clearly wasn't just about driving, yet vehicles still took damage to individual parts. The damage mechanism was remarkable, even in contrast to most racing games. Finally, the open world was introduced with DRIVING, which instantly made playing GTA unique from any other game at the time.

Ever since GTA3, I was hooked to the franchise. I eagerly waited and each new release has been unforgettable. I loved the games of the 3 era for their extraordinary atmosphere, which was enough on its own, and the driving experience felt satisfying all along.

Although IV, in my opinion, did not quite recreate such a vibrant environment, it did demonstrate the great improvements of the new engine and thereby the exceeding capabilities of the GTA world. Needless to say, despite the various imperfections, I felt like the driving physics were a huge improvement to the preceding games.

So now, I can make my point. It is simply not the desire for realism in a video game that makes me uncertain about GTA V, it is the GTA experience that i have the feeling this game will not deliver. I feel like Rockstar took away from what IV actually succeeded in, having had the opportunity to improve upon it. For me, driving is and has always been a significant aspect of the game, and I can see that for many it just isn't.

I actually really enjoyed Saints Row, but if GTA V turns out to be what we have seen so far, I'll not bother with it. I'm not trying to shove my opinion down anyones throat, i just think that some could relate to what I have said. And i wanted to get it out there, cause I'm pissed as f*ck to be honest.

A GTA game has never disappointed me in the past, and I don't want that to change.

GoonOnFire
  • GoonOnFire

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

HOW DARE YOU.

WHEN YOU KNOW OTHERS HAVE NOT ACQUIRED THE GAME YET, YOU COME ON HERE TAUNTING THEM BY ASKING FOR THEIR OPINION!

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keysersozeh
  • keysersozeh

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was..."

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

I still remember the experience of having played GTA 3 for the first time, in my early teens... I was simply fascinated by the overwhelming amount of different cars, where each one was unique and I could drive whichever I preferred. But most of all, I was struck by the level detail this game bared. It clearly wasn't just about driving, yet vehicles still took damage to individual parts. The damage mechanism was remarkable, even in contrast to most racing games. Finally, the open world was introduced with DRIVING, which instantly made playing GTA unique from any other game at the time.

Ever since GTA3, I was hooked to the franchise. I eagerly waited and each new release has been unforgettable. I loved the games of the 3 era for their extraordinary atmosphere, which was enough on its own, and the driving experience felt satisfying all along.

Although IV, in my opinion, did not quite recreate such a vibrant environment, it did demonstrate the great improvements of the new engine and thereby the exceeding capabilities of the GTA world. Needless to say, despite the various imperfections, I felt like the driving physics were a huge improvement to the preceding games.

So now, I can make my point. It is simply not the desire for realism in a video game that makes me uncertain about GTA V, it is the GTA experience that i have the feeling this game will not deliver. I feel like Rockstar took away from what IV actually succeeded in, having had the opportunity to improve upon it. For me, driving is and has always been a significant aspect of the game, and I can see that for many it just isn't.

I actually really enjoyed Saints Row, but if GTA V turns out to be what we have seen so far, I'll not bother with it. I'm not trying to shove my opinion down anyones throat, i just think that some could relate to what I have said. And i wanted to get it out there, cause I'm pissed as f*ck to be honest.

A GTA game has never disappointed me in the past, and I don't want that to change.

Exactly.. also cause driving is the heart of GTA right. Hate it when people say "so its imperfect, deal with it... not everything can be that great".. but we're talking about core gameplay mechanics.. about the thing that made GTA what it is today... the thing you will be doing 90% of the time while playing this game... driving...

• Speccy and birakira like this

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

Very happy. The driving feels great for racing mini-games and for just driving around.

ChuckE
  • ChuckE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

ijy1l944mgr95.gif

R* aint trying to be a flying sim. Honestly aint fun if you are under fire from all those guards and you have to taxi yourself to the runway for more space.

GTA(since new engine) games pretend to be realistic - if it looked like SA it will be great, But when surroundings look realistic(good graphics, people physics and etc, houses, streets, people and etc.) and in the car I feel like I return to GTA 3 era - it's odd. 

Also "under fire from all those guards and you have to taxi yourself to the runway for more space" - it will be great because you would have a feeling of @running for your life@. Bounce cars in GTA 4 gave feeling of @movie like cop chases@ 

• birakira likes this

adrien1988
  • adrien1988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

ijy1l944mgr95.gif

GTA(since new engine) games pretend to be realistic - if it looked like SA it will be great, But when surroundings look realistic(good graphics, people physics and etc, houses, streets, people and etc.) and in the car I feel like I return to GTA 3 era - it's odd. 

Also "under fire from all those guards and you have to taxi yourself to the runway for more space" - it will be great because you would have a feeling of @running for your life@. Bounce cars in GTA 4 gave feeling of @movie like cop chases@

this^^

remember how they were so proud about all the realism in the last month? better AI, traffic, animals,..even ecosystems! And then on top of this fine menu they put outdated vehicle handling and physics?

-franklins superpowers of changing the laws of physics for some seconds

-climbing a wall backwards on a motorbike

-taking off in 3 seconds

-90° turn on sand at 50 kmh (quad)

-slaming headon into a suv on the highway (150kmh + 120kmh=270kmh crash) no damage

these things turn me off badly, and make me sad. 

i truly believe the rest is 10/10. it looks like the game i dreamed of since driver on ps1!

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I was hoping for a happy medium of like SA and IV, but it seems they've gone all crazy taxi now from the videos I've watched...

They've actually done that, it's similar to SA with elements from IV.

On topic: Pretty much, and even if I dislike it at first, I'll get used to it eventually.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

-slaming headon into a suv on the highway (150kmh + 120kmh=270kmh crash) no damage

Actually the vehicles do get dented, succesive crashes dent them even more. The system is virtually the same, the cars are just a bit more resilient.

CarlitoDorito
  • CarlitoDorito

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'll see when i play it, if not, Tempting as it is to moan and complain, it doesn't matter, there's plenty of other things to do.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by Gigabomber, 16 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

The cars have weight to them. Lots of it. Tons even.

BenL19
  • BenL19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

I know gamers are used to whining in online games to get their way, but this is a gta game. It will not change. Shut up.

Wind your neck in and cut the rudeness. Was a harmless post to get everyones opinions on the driving model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users