Quantcast

» «
Photo

Are you happy with the car/driving physics?

56 replies to this topic
BenL19
  • BenL19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

So obviously there are many people who are unhappy with the look/feel of the physics when driving. Personally, I think it's a step forward from GTA IV and find the latest physics quite realistic (stiffer suspension etc).

So are you happy with the physics? Your opinions?

jumper2011
  • jumper2011

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Yes i am :) Feels great.

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

I was hoping for a happy medium of like SA and IV, but it seems they've gone all crazy taxi now from the videos I've watched...

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

So obviously there are many people who are unhappy with the look/feel of the physics when driving. Personally, I think it's a step forward from GTA IV and find the latest physics quite realistic (stiffer suspension etc).

Stiffer suspension sounds good. I will report back when I play it. If cars still automatically firmly apply the brakes when I let off the gas, I may try to return the game lol. I don't see why Rockstar wouldn't fix something so easy to fix like that though, especially considering all the work they put into the game. 

BenL19
  • BenL19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by BenL19, 15 September 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Stiffer suspension sounds good. I will report back when I play it. If cars still automatically firmly apply the brakes when I let off the gas, I may try to return the game lol. I don't see why Rockstar wouldn't fix something so easy to fix like that though, especially considering all the work they put into the game.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. Small details that are missed out annoy me to a certain extent. Others aren't fussed in regards to the de-acceleration issue, can't understand why though because it's quite a prominent & annoying problem when driving.

Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

From what I've seen, it looks perfect. I'll reserve final judgement until I play the game though.

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

angry-no-l.png

• Ridygo likes this

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

GTA IV handling would have been realistic if it was for 70s cars. (Loose suspension) 

• BenL19 likes this

GtaMan145
  • GtaMan145

The Tract.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Guys if you haven't played the game don't judge it the videos do the driving no justice what so ever just wait until you get the game Trust me!

I have been driving round for an hour or so and it feels fine but the only complaint I have is cars feel "light"

BenL19
  • BenL19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Guys if you haven't played the game don't judge it the videos do the driving no justice what so ever just wait until you get the game Trust me!

I have been driving round for an hour or so and it feels fine but the only complaint I have is cars feel "light"

So the cars don't feel boxy & arcady?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by StingrayX, 15 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Some videos of the driving looks good but some look bad. I'll have to play the game then judge it myself.

but the only complaint I have is cars feel "light"

That's not a good thing dude... :/

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

Each car feels different just like in real life. If you are Franklin, driving will feel more arcade like because his ability is driving. The rest of the characters will handle cars like in IV except they will feel more on the ground. 

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

And for those of you complaining about physics look at this please 

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

I kind of wish Rockstar didn't listen to though who complained about the cars feeling boaty -- the correct way to say it is body roll.

Supercars and sports cars shouldn't have much body roll. But heavier cars need body roll to feel believable. Take a look at these:

MATS_LB_02.jpg

2011-Bentley-Cont-GT-1.jpg

BODY ROLL! Some people think that removing body roll adds to the fun but it doesn't. Body roll adds an imphasis on the weight of the car and that effects the handling. It all feels more believable and it kind of makes you appreciate supercars more because they don't have as much of it. What V needed to do was take IV's handling and tone down the body roll. Not completely remove it.

I mean look at Michael's Tailgater! That thing is a comfort high tech luxury car based off the Audi A6 which actually comes equipped with air suspension in Europe. It goes over bumps without you feeling them. In the gameplay this car goes over bumps shaking and it is so stiff. If you try to corner it just doesn't roll, it's stiff, it's utterly stupid.

I know I need to play the game to know how everything feels but right now it looks bad. BTW: Those of you who think it's just driving don't understand. I'm a huge car enthusiast and I love driving in games. In GTA's I just drive to relax. If the cars handle terribly I just won't enjoy them that much. It might be fun at first to have arcade physics but then it wares off and I get bored quickly.

• BenL19 likes this

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Maybe they will make driving better in future patches. Who knows

sredzkioner
  • sredzkioner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Blaaaaah blaaaah bblaaaaah dont buy it jeeez simple 

Afrojacked
  • Afrojacked

I lift heavy things up, and put them down.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

I kind of wish Rockstar didn't listen to though who complained about the cars feeling boaty -- the correct way to say it is body roll.

Supercars and sports cars shouldn't have much body roll. But heavier cars need body roll to feel believable. Take a look at these:

MATS_LB_02.jpg

2011-Bentley-Cont-GT-1.jpg

BODY ROLL! Some people think that removing body roll adds to the fun but it doesn't. Body roll adds an imphasis on the weight of the car and that effects the handling. It all feels more believable and it kind of makes you appreciate supercars more because they don't have as much of it. What V needed to do was take IV's handling and tone down the body roll. Not completely remove it.

I mean look at Michael's Tailgater! That thing is a comfort high tech luxury car based off the Audi A6 which actually comes equipped with air suspension in Europe. It goes over bumps without you feeling them. In the gameplay this car goes over bumps shaking and it is so stiff. If you try to corner it just doesn't roll, it's stiff, it's utterly stupid.

I know I need to play the game to know how everything feels but right now it looks bad. BTW: Those of you who think it's just driving don't understand. I'm a huge car enthusiast and I love driving in games. In GTA's I just drive to relax. If the cars handle terribly I just won't enjoy them that much. It might be fun at first to have arcade physics but then it wares off and I get bored quickly.

Damn man i feel you bro.... im a big car enthusiast myself and i liked GTA IV car handling. the sport cars felt good, had real suspension and the right body roll ! but some suv's like the cavalcade had way to much body roll in my opinion. i have seen some gameplay from gta v driving with a firetruck which does look pretty bad. BUT i will stay positive and i think it still will be fun to play :)

• Scaglietti and adrien1988 like this

B1GB0SS
  • B1GB0SS

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

If you ask 10 different people how they want driving to be in GTA V they'll give you 10 different answers. Obviously, Rockstar can't please EVERYONE. Just like with GTA IV, there will be people who will say this game was a disappointment because of a few aspects of the game.

ChuckE
  • ChuckE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

If you ask 10 different people how they want driving to be in GTA V they'll give you 10 different answers. Obviously, Rockstar can't please EVERYONE. Just like with GTA IV, there will be people who will say this game was a disappointment because of a few aspects of the game.

Well I assume >60-70% will answer "GTA 4 driving model with some modifications".

Also I think that the first mod for GTA 5 on PC will be "Realistic driving" or something like "Gta 4 driving mod"

In realistic city I want to feel realism in everything....

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by russianpolice, 15 September 2013 - 07:08 PM.

And for those of you complaining about physics look at this please 

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

you're telling me if a plane hits a car with it's wheel it loses control and a person survives the hit while car still drives is good?

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

GTA IV handling would have been realistic if it was for 70s cars. (Loose suspension) 

This

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Well I assume >60-70% will answer "GTA 4 driving model with some modifications".

Also I think that the first mod for GTA 5 on PC will be "Realistic driving" or something like "Gta 4 driving mod"

In realistic city I want to feel realism in everything....

Eighter quit gaming or just get a simulator, this is GTA and is meant to be fun and not realistic.

Ridygo
  • Ridygo

Coco Jambo

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

No im not happy with it.

I think consoles are not enough for physics calculating because of graphics. They have 7 year old hardware. Game have a huge city, amazing graphics and other things. But these are old gen consoles and they can't handle physics beside of all these things.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

ijy1l944mgr95.gif

plane takes off at 20mph?

sh*te easy saints row handling and physics for everything...

this game is for 5 year olds ... its a joke

russianpolice
  • russianpolice

AK-47

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

ijy1l944mgr95.gif

plane takes off at 20mph?

sh*te easy saints row handling and physics for everything...

this game is for 5 year olds ... its a joke

I'm trying my best not to bash the game without playing it. People keep saying things like "oh you must play it then you can talk". so seeing things like this somehow will change my opinion if it's really bad looking? Hell, turning a car looks like saints row and this.... damn. Fingers still crossed.

goathead
  • goathead

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Listen...
There are racing games out there..
Most recently, Grid 2..
Now, as a racing game its fantastic..yes there are some who say the handling is too arcadey..but still..its fine.

GTA 5 is NOT a racing/driving sim full stop.
The handling is dead on.
Jeez, I'm even getting used to using R2 accelerate

AND..
those that say all cars handle the same..

Rubbish!

Really..I think people givin off stink about this game so far JUST haven't played it enough..
They've merely scratched the surface..
Not enough

Shayd80
  • Shayd80

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:34 PM Edited by Sharks80fr, 15 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

I won't say I don't like it because i did not play the game but from what i've seen, it doesn't look good to me, in many videos i've seen some real sh*t like a guy driving at 80mph in a wall and the car is like .. nothing happend, also a video with a guy driving a bike at low speed and i guess he press the brake or something and it turns at 180* instantly ... also planes taking off really fast like the .gif from gta5freemode4eva.

And i'm not talking about the driving because you cant talk about it without playing the game but i really hope we'll have updates to change all these weird sh*ts

MarcoStyleNL
  • MarcoStyleNL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

I think gta 4 was better in that aspect but it doesn't really matter, It's the gameplay what makes the game not the damage on a vehicle.

san andreas had terrible graphics but was still very good!

ChuckE
  • ChuckE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Listen...
Most recently, Grid 2..
Now, as a racing game its fantastic..yes there are some who say the handling is too arcadey..but still..its fine.

The handling is dead on.

The what was the reason to change physics in GTA 4? They  should have left SA driving model.  

goathead
  • goathead

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

Listen...
Most recently, Grid 2..
The handling is dead on.

The what was the reason to change physics in GTA 4? They  should have left SA driving model.

Well..its back to near what SA was if that pleases you mate..

One thing I forgot..
Motorcycles aren't overly great..too skittish, maybe practice will help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users