» «
Photo

COD and FIFA fans with GTA

23 replies to this topic
Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by Ola441, 15 September 2013 - 01:00 PM.

COD and FIFA fans get pretty much 80% of the same game every year (YES INCLUDING GHOSTS and no it's not different this time) and they don't get nearly as much flak as GTA 5 is getting.

This game has been in dev since 5 years and the COD get 1 year each but thats t even if its that much.

Don't anyone think this is weird how that works?

I realize it isnt always like this but this fanbase has been something terrible in these past 2 weeks... (I've been trawling here since SA).

DaveGrimes96
  • DaveGrimes96

Oh my bad, mister Gold Card!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by davegrimes96, 15 September 2013 - 12:57 PM.

COD is terrible, how could fifa be controversial it's a football game 

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I have no idea what you just said but CoD/Fifa fanboys are the kind of people that skip cutscenes.. i dont like em.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

I think it's a little different with those games.

In the case of FIFA, I buy it every year, and usually there are only a couple of enhancements each time round. Where EA have us by the balls is that the updated squads & kits are only released for the new game. 

Most importantly though (for both games) is that most people buy the new game, so the online aspects of the games - which are a huge part of both - lose 80% of their population after a new release, meaning you gotta go with the flow if you want a busy online experience.

Everyone knows EA screws people over every year, but there's no real alternative. Compare that to GTA, and the development time they had for this game, it stands to reason that some people will expect revolution rather than evolution like in the annual release games.  

Nun0567
  • Nun0567

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by Nun0567, 15 September 2013 - 01:07 PM.

FIFA is worth buying imo you get a ton of hours of fun and its a football game so it needs to come out every year. 

meleeman09
  • meleeman09

King of melee's

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

Rockstar has set their bar quite high will all their AAA titles thus we expect excellence every time. That's not the story with COD

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

COD is bad real bad, battlefield 3 so much better and bf4 will be even better lol.. cod just reminds me of DOOM haha

• DaveGrimes96 likes this

Monge305
  • Monge305

Grove St Mama SMD

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

I really enjoy FIFA but I usually hold out until late November and get it during Black Friday sales (for 25 bucks usually). I could really care less about FIFA now though because GTA is coming out and I will be spending most of my time playing that, and I'm not really a big fan of FIFA 14 after playing the demo. Yeah it will take some getting used to but the player movement and passing is awful.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

COD is bad real bad, battlefield 3 so much better and bf4 will be even better lol.. cod just reminds me of DOOM haha

WHAT? Don't you dare compare Doom too CoD. Doom is God for CoD.

• sgllocal likes this

DaveGrimes96
  • DaveGrimes96

Oh my bad, mister Gold Card!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

COD never adds anything new whereas Battlefield have added levelution which looks like the second best game after GTA V

• sgllocal likes this

IBrahemoX1X
  • IBrahemoX1X

STFU

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Actually Fifa 13 was a major change from Fifa 12
But im not hyped for Fifa 14 even the next gen version
  • 727gta likes this

kingbob182
  • kingbob182

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Cod gets ripped into far more that gta from what I've seen.
FIFA doesn't because FIFA has been undisputedly at the top of the market for soccer games since about 2008/2009.
Will play GTA V all day everyday until ps4 comes out, then I'm giving FIFA & BF4. Not sure what ill play most then.

slb97
  • slb97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

lol cod is the most hated game on the internet right now, is op living under a rock?

gta is awesome and some people have their gripes with it, if something is off point on gta we are gonna call it out, just cause its the mighty gta doesn't mean it gets a pass on its flaws

flaws are essential otherwise if gta 5 was perfect we wouldnt get gta 6 right? 

on this site anyone who isnt 110% in love with gta 5 gets bashed by fanboys, its abit pathetic imo

AshMan306
  • AshMan306

Sit down and shut up.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

The only good thing about cod is the zombies mode. Fifa i tend to avoid like the plague., All cod and fifa do is copy and paste at least GTA takes it somewhere new each time. I mostly play driving and FPS games. I was glad when doom 3 BFG  came out for the ps3 a nice change of pace. Now that GTA V is coming out ill never be off of it. It was the same with GTA IV until i done everything and couldn't spend the money on more stuff. Im glade R* has fixed this.

IMr_SmithI
  • IMr_SmithI

Nigga rich productions

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:48 PM

Fifa 14 is awesome! I've played fifa for years and this season looks like the best yet...especially next gen omfg!

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

I was an avid player of the Madden games for years. Eventually I got fed up with them changing it every single year. They kept chipping away at things I loved about the game. Taking away more and more controls and features that I felt were key to the game. I haven't played a madden game in 5-6 years. I used to buy it every year. Even went to a midnight release one year.

Even avid fans have a breaking point.

HOWEVER, I do not think you can compare these annual games to GTA! These game have a very small scope. Not much varying gameplay. Because of the limitations, there are only a handful of things to be tweaked and improve upon. And in a short amount of time. GTA creators have had a large amount of time to tweak things. There are also a TON more things to do in Grand Theft compared to a Fps or sports game.

All the people complaining about what GTAV does or doesn't have or do need to not play it. But wait. They are playing. So why complain then? Because they spent money on the game? Doubt it. I have a feeling these are people that complain about everything. Those kind of people are called spoiled brats.

XxGRiMMR34P3RxX
  • XxGRiMMR34P3RxX

Xbox ID:XXGRiMMR34P3RxX

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

COD is the same game every year just with new maps... In one year all they do is design new maps...

slb97
  • slb97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

COD is the same game every year just with new maps... In one year all they do is design new maps...

OMG BRO WTF????? do you even know?

THERE IS f*ckING FISH MOVING OUT THE WAY OMGGG AND A DOG!!! COD:GHOSTS WILL BE THE BEST!

#quickscopz

XxGRiMMR34P3RxX
  • XxGRiMMR34P3RxX

Xbox ID:XXGRiMMR34P3RxX

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

OMG BRO WTF????? do you even know?

THERE IS f*ckING FISH MOVING OUT THE WAY OMGGG AND A DOG!!! COD:GHOSTS WILL BE THE BEST!

#quickscopz

OMG FISH AND DOGS?!? BRB LET ME THROW SOME MORE MONEY TOWARDS ACTIVISIOON FOR THE HHARD WWORK THEY PUT INTO THE GAME..

#IDGAF

smokeyp31
  • smokeyp31

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

COD AND FIFA same sh*t every year, I gave fifa 13 a try and they have improved from fifa 12, but Still PES 2013 is way better

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:24 PM Edited by Matt21, 15 September 2013 - 02:25 PM.

Cod used to be good. It stopped being good after World at War for me. Developers are too lazy and have hardly changed anything in 5+ years

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

it's dark in some places, but sunny everywhere else

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

EA should release one more FIFA game then update it periodically like Team Fortress 2. The Kits and Teams should be updated in "real time" when they happen, that seems accomplishable with their new "Cloud" technology they keep boasting about at conferences and in advertisements.

With CoD, I can tell when they keep recycling animations. In a Ghosts video, I saw that they took the explosion death animation from MW3, which was from MW2 then that was from CoD 4. The M4A1 animation is again from MW1 and the same goes for the AK47 animation which is from COD4 - that has been used in every COD game since. 

Odinox
  • Odinox

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have no idea what you just said but CoD/Fifa fanboys are the kind of people that skip cutscenes.. i dont like em.

they dont even play campaign to even get close to a cut scene xD

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

Majority of the people that buy Cod games are 7-13 year olds so they don't care about the content released. They just want to shoot things 'cause they can't do it in real life and so infinity ward and treyarch take advantage of this and just release the same game each year. Infinity Ward just changes the story or the graphics a bit and sells the game. Treyarch just releases the same game but improves the graphics and adds new stages to the zombie mode.Fifa however, is a different story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users