Photo

Reallocated Sectors Count Really High - Can Anything Be Done? [HDD]

1 reply to this topic
Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:40 AM Edited by Ambient_, 15 September 2013 - 11:41 AM.

So two weeks ago I bought a second hand 320GB Western Digital Blue Sata HDD for my PS3, but as the seller listed, it has issues (the seller did not go into exact detail, only described the symptoms). So, my question is this, can anything be done to revert the HDD to a new-like state without having to buy a new HDD? I don't care about losing data because to my knowledge the drive is empty.

Please help me overcome this issue.

Basically, the reallocated sector count is really high and when I try to format it on my PS3 it sticks at 99%. Can I remove these sectors or "fix" them?

Thankyou.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

When the sectors on the HDD go bad they become reallocated so the drive is already removing them from the system so they don't cause any problems. If the number of reallocated sectors are steadily increasing chances are the HDD is going to die soon. I'd say that you're going to need a new drive considering that and the fact that you can't get it to format past 99%. Also this is better off in the Tech forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users