Photo

There is no pleasing everyone.

19 replies to this topic
dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

How many of you remember the first few weeks when GTA 4 came out?  Can't say it was this bad but there were many things players cried and concerned over.   Even today and many years after the game was released players pointed out the flaws.

Many fans didn't soo much care for the more realistic approach of the game.  Personally I did, it was a nice change to have a more serious story.  People complained that the driving had changed too much from previous games.

Fast forward to today and many of these features have been addressed by Rockstar.  The game appears to be a bit more silly and less realistic and take itself a little less seriously (Though it seems we can expect to still get a halfway serious story) but some of the gameplay and mechanics have changed.   For many on here wasn't GTA SA the epitome of the series greatness? 

At the end of the day, this is still just a game and can we all not just accept it for what it is and play it and have fun. Its clear that this company put a ton of work into this game, far more than many other companies will go.  The amount of detail and content in it is staggering. Yet many of you are nitpicking at certain things and complaining when you have not even played the game.

Sort of a slap in the face to all those who put in tons of work to bring you something that everyone would enjoy.  But I guess you cant please everyone....there are many other simulators and games out there you can enjoy, but there really is only one Grand Theft Auto Series.

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:17 AM Edited by lizardman563, 15 September 2013 - 07:18 AM.

People wanted less "boat-like" driving, better police cars, better graphics, different mini-games, a shorter story, airplanes, and more customization.

Rockstar listened to all of these concerns and added all the new stuff and fixes in GTA V. 

Now everyone hates the driving, hates the police cars, hates the graphics, hates the mini-games, hates the length of the story, despises the flying, and hates the customization.

gtaforum people, I swear. 

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

I´m not pleased till tuesday!

• TheFreightTrain likes this

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

People wanted less "boat-like" driving, better police cars, better graphics, different mini-games, a shorter story, airplanes, and more customization.

Rockstar listened to all of these concerns and added all the new stuff and fixes in GTA V. 

Now everyone hates the driving, hates the police cars, hates the graphics, hates the mini-games, hates the length of the story, despises the flying, and hates the customization.

Pretty much, though from what I see the car damage is a bit messed up. But then again looking back at GTA 4, it at times was a bit messed up as well. There is a possibility of it being tweaked through patches, but part of me doubts that will happen.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

I remember people whining about the picture of niko hanging off a helicoper, and that you couldn't hang from it in game.... that was funny!

Yankee6X
  • Yankee6X

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I agree with this entirely. At the end of the day this is GTA V, its a new game in a series that has never failed.

If you want more of the same, go play Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV.

The_Communist
  • The_Communist

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Well if it becomes the next epitome of greatness or falls flat on it's face, either way it effects Rockstar more than me. It's their reputation on the line and I'm sure they'll deliver.

But on top of that, I have a niggling feeling that the casual gamers who complained about GTA IV will get their own way, which is a shame, but we'll just have to see on the 17th.

Sossy
  • Sossy

Foreskin thief

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

To be fair this isnt entirely the case, I've seen some complaints over driving and flying, but its the PC mustard race doing most of the graphics trolling, not seen anyone complaining about the mini-games and story length etc. And most of the complaining that is going on is in the form of worry of how things seem going by what people have been seeing a very few people play. We need to wait a few weeks to get a better idea how many people found dealbreakers in this game, but tons of that will be down to overexpectation in the first place.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Some people just cant handle change and are just projecting their general unhappiness or whatever onto short clips of gameplay. Watch the whole thing in one piece and it'll blow you away. 

It's also definitely not dumbed down. You'll need easier controls because the missions are a lot harder and you die pretty easily. Couple of shots is all it takes.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

Some people just cant handle change and are just projecting their general unhappiness or whatever onto short clips of gameplay. Watch the whole thing in one piece and it'll blow you away. 

It's also definitely not dumbed down. You'll need easier controls because the missions are a lot harder and you die pretty easily. Couple of shots is all it takes.

Pretty much. It makes you wonder if these same "fans" that are bashing it and calling it terrible also play yearly releases of games that never change and claim them to be amazing.

Rockstar could easily turn  GTA into a yearly or every 2 year release thing, sacrificing the quality. (Much like COD).  But they choose to put tons of time and effort to create a new experience.

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:30 AM Edited by Hallgarth, 16 September 2013 - 01:31 AM.

Hype worked against GTA V in this case. From the sounds of how some people are moaning, they expected to be shooting a constant stream of J*zz every second they were playing, when in reality it's just a game. Whether it's a good game, I'll wait till I get a knock on the door on Tuesday to find out.

• HoleInTheSky likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

You speak the truth. People just always have to be contrarians and have something to criticize. People hated GTA IV and said it was a piece of sh*t and a massive step back from SA. Now GTA V comes out and it moves back a little bit in the direction of SA and all of a sudden IV is the greatest game ever and everything is perfect and GTA V is a piece of sh*t. WTF??????? I cant even comprehend.

• Malndor likes this

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

This sums it up.

275MZXY.jpg

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Who and give me a source

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Dont take anything for granted, it could all be gone soon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

I feel kind of bad for Rockstar. So many ungrateful people complaining about the most insignificant aspects of an amazing game that Rockstar put their heart and soul into for 5 years. They fixed all the things that people complained about in IV and what do they get? Whiners, whiners everywhere...

Rockstar just can't win, can they?

• HoleInTheSky likes this

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

I feel kind of bad for Rockstar. So many ungrateful people complaining about the most insignificant aspects of an amazing game that Rockstar put their heart and soul into for 5 years. They fixed all the things that people complained about in IV and what do they get? Whiners, whiners everywhere...

Rockstar just can't win, can they?

Yea because they havent made a  profit at all right? They made this game out of the kindness of their hearts. That is why there is no pre release DLC..... oh wait

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

I didn't read that sh*t, but I agree with the title.  :^:

boxmonster
  • boxmonster

Disinformation Agent

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

There was a very thread on this, why make the driving easier and make getting shot more deadly? It makes no sense. Who are they appealing to?

Expect the people who enjoy the new driving is to complain about how surviving is harder when the game comes out, the frustration is not the same as seeing some other person playing get killed. It makes GTA IV look more forgiving as you can always get another car when yours gets trashed; when you die you have to start all over.

cmiller4642
  • cmiller4642

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

I wonder how many people bitched when SA took out robbing stores and things like that

urban_RED_NECK
  • urban_RED_NECK

Crazy Redneck

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

This sums it up.

275MZXY.jpg

This right here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users