Photo

I'm loving what i'm seeing

42 replies to this topic
SirPhreak
  • SirPhreak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Stop trying go groom the child, perverts.

MiraKanon
  • MiraKanon

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Lol, i know im immature, im 25 and always will be immature, but I think about kids when i have them, and i really dont want them to be subjected to things they may take out of context. 12 i admit isnt that young, but his maturity says otherwise. You have to think back to our generation, things arnt like what they used to be, I grew up playing mario, zelda, and a bunch of other kiddie games, but as time went on, so did the games. Realistic as they are now you cant compair goldeneye to gta v, back then games where still on the "what can we do to be unique for another game" page. Now we have full motion picture type scenes playing out before us.

dragonisinogard
  • dragonisinogard

Dragonisinogard

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

That was posted while I was writing mine and yes that is a little bit creepy so maybe he shouldn't be playing the games, who knows maybe he will start thinking he's Micheal and go rob banks.

How come you didn't start thinking you're Duke Nukem and started shooting sh*t up and tipping off strippers?

I stated it was a little bit creepy I didn't fully agree with them I said maybe he would. Because I have no solid proof which story is true the OP, the One that made a Similar thread or Both. That is why I didn't say oh my god he shouldn't be playing this he ripped him off maybe he will rip the game off. I was very aware from my first game that it was fake and you couldn't jump on a turtle and kick his shell like a ball and eating mushrooms wouldn't make you bigger. I personally prefer knives to guns for one, for two never have owner nor held a real gun before. Three I find strip clubs dirty.

Gr0veStG33k
  • Gr0veStG33k

-LQ- R1D3R

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

What i don't get is this: The majority of us that are of age now started playing GTA when we weren't of age to do so and now you have the audacity to snarl your lip at those who are playing while they are underage. Even call their parents bad for letting them. Well what does that make your parents? Age does not always equal maturity. I am sure its parents out there that are capable of judging their child's maturity

dragonisinogard
  • dragonisinogard

Dragonisinogard

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:32 AM Edited by dragonisinogard, 15 September 2013 - 07:33 AM.

Lol, i know im immature, im 25 and always will be immature, but I think about kids when i have them, and i really dont want them to be subjected to things they may take out of context. 12 i admit isnt that young, but his maturity says otherwise. You have to think back to our generation, things arnt like what they used to be, I grew up playing mario, zelda, and a bunch of other kiddie games, but as time went on, so did the games. Realistic as they are now you cant compair goldeneye to gta v, back then games where still on the "what can we do to be unique for another game" page. Now we have full motion picture type scenes playing out before us.

While true you were born in 88 a year before me, unless you were a only child and your parents didn't play any type of games than you and I should have also grown up with Leisure Suit Larry, Doom and Duke Nukem. I'm immature also but I have enough of a mindset to know whats real and fake I know I can't jump off a cliff and can respawn at the top. I've known that since I was 4. An I think we should not be telling this child or any other child what to do or if its wrong or right that is for its parents to handle. It does not take a village to raise a child it takes its parents. Think about it like this your a hunter you have a child you don't teach it about guns, the child grabs the gun and shoots its baby sitter is it your fault for not teaching the child about the gun and gun safety, or was the child too immature to have a gun? I believe that we are responsible for what happens to our children and we need to teach them what is right and wrong, from gun control to video games.

BMW1M
  • BMW1M

The Driver

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

GTA V is not for kids. Way to realistic in its depictions of violence, sex, drug use, subject matter, language. The radio commercials are sometimes really profane and not understood by kids in their sexual innuendo and references. The characters are all bad people doing bad things. This game is not for little kids. Parents that let kids under 16 play this game are really just idiots. Its like letting your kid watch Scarface over and over again.

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

GTA V is not for kids. Way to realistic in its depictions of violence, sex, drug use, subject matter, language. The radio commercials are sometimes really profane and not understood by kids in their sexual innuendo and references. The characters are all bad people doing bad things. This game is not for little kids. Parents that let kids under 16 play this game are really just idiots. Its like letting your kid watch Scarface over and over again.

Unless the children are mature enough and have a clear mindset, which he does, and physical age is not always associated with that, and 12 is not a little kid, 12 is entering puberty, aka almost teenager. Let's all just stop this argument and enjoy the game when it comes out, okay?

• dragonisinogard likes this

dragonisinogard
  • dragonisinogard

Dragonisinogard

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

Finally someone makes some damn sense round this place. Who cares what the age of the person playing lets just play it and have fun. Unless that child is 2 than their is something hella wrong with that kid.

flyingmonkey97
  • flyingmonkey97

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

Kids the age of 3 and 4 are running around with their parents tablets and phones, by the time they are 6 they already know how a lot of sh*t works.

It is a completely different world to even what I grew up with - and I'm only mid-20s

Hell, I was playing moon lander when I was 5, and all the things dragonisinogard mentioned by the time I was 10

If the kid wants to play some GTA and his parents let him, good for him - you can't judge him just because games these days look better than they used to.

dragonisinogard
  • dragonisinogard

Dragonisinogard

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

^ Exactly hell I loved doom, hell I remember playing resident evil 3 when I was 10-13 and it scaring me so bad I didn't touch it again for five years. Damn Monster jumping through a window and trying to kill me.

OneFlaw
  • OneFlaw

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:46 AM Edited by OneFlaw, 15 September 2013 - 07:50 AM.

If only we could talk to these kids parents, educate them, that these games arnt for children.

That's why there are Ratings, I'm sure the parents know. It's on the news even!. I don't see it as a big deal, some people just dramatize it and read to much into it, thinking every child/teen that plays a game like this will turn into a serial killer. People are fearful of the future and thinking Kids/teens playing M Rated games will doom us all. The News and Movies are worst and thats on TV.

EDIT: We should be more worried about crazy people with mental conditions(On Local news, 2 people were stabbed after going to a Soccer/Football game, The man died and the woman in serious condition). The Police said it was a Guy with a mental condition that did that, he was arrested.

Powerage
  • Powerage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

Actually M for Mature just means that a Parent has to buy it for you instead just like with Alcohol in Texas and some other states you can drink at any age as long as your Parent is with you and approves. Also congrats to OP for such a awesome birthday date but mine is better October 17th! I am getting this as a early birthday present alongside Assassins Creed 4 CE, Watchdogs CE, and WWE 2k14 Phenom Edition. I know about the M rating because when I pre-ordered San Andreas my mom was needed for me to pick it up I am so glad I don't have to do that now.

Mine is October 20th!(: getting GTA as early present too :p

• dragonisinogard likes this

Mk4013
  • Mk4013

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Game's smooth as f*ck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users