Photo

GTA ONLINE : Undead Nightmare?

12 replies to this topic
Dud123
  • Dud123

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

hello gtaforums, i wanted to share some ideas for a zombie mod for gta online.

I imagine it still being a clan based multiplayer game. The city is crowded with zombies while the county parts are safer but not less lethal. You must search for food, supplies and other stuff that you get killing animals, going into houses and stuff thats all over the map. 

Barely any cars, this time, it would be neat if they added horses from Red Dead Redemption which can starve and be eaten by zombies.

There are weather dangers for the night and cold days. There are little opportunities of surviving alone so you must get a crew to live.

Cars may be manually customized so you can add scrap metal and armor to them.

There are infected animals as well, so you have to watch out for those in the mountains and in the water.

You can find ammo in the undead and all over the map, however, your main combat is going to be melee based, so search for axes and sticks to fight the zombie horde.

Once you get killed,you lose a percentage of your skills and you lose part of your inventory, which can be backpack based as the dayz mod for mta:sa.

You get rankings according to your actions, if you kill passive players or killers, if you just survive or if you steal a lot, its up to that.

once you get bitten by a zombie, you must find medicine to stop the bleeding. If you dont find any, it will take long, but you will die and your body will transform into a zombie that will carry your stuff, but aside from that, its not going to be anything special. However, if you are going to die from a zombie bite, you can request your clan mates to take you down before dying, so once that happens, you keep your skills and they can keep your stuff until you request it back.

There are going to be little zombie variations. The most common ones will walk in hordes so you are safe while you arent tired or you dont run into them like an idiot. The other ones will run and kill you once they grab you. A lot of zombie animals will try to kill you as well. Some zombies will carry stuff like ammo and other supplies, but it takes a second or two to check them so be sure a zombie doesnt grab you while you search it.

You can adopt dogs as clan companions, but they will be very weak and probably will get eaten, so they can be used as distractions to get hordes away from stores or other useful places and you can keep them if they survive that.

ill add more stuff once i get them to my mind.

What do you think guys, do we need this mode or not?

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

no no no no!  there is enough  walking trend games, out there, and zombie apocalypse games are overrated as it is.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

:v: no

Dud123
  • Dud123

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

well in my defense, undead nightmare only added more gameplay hours and fun for red dead redemption.

I agree theres lots of bad zombie games made like pancakes, but we are talking about gta v in here, one of the best free roam games to date, and certainly, its physics, engine and huge world would make an awesome setting for a zombie game.

WildTurkeyMcGee
  • WildTurkeyMcGee

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

I would like this. R* knows how to handle things like this and did a very good job of it in RDR.  

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

"Blah blah blah "X" is overrated/overdone"

Get over it.

Rockstar clearly know how to do things the right way. Crime games, racing games, all of that have been overdone as well, yet here we are waiting for a game featuring all of these things to drop.

I'd love it, it would obviously be optional extra content released later (if at all), so people who don't like it can just not go near it.

• WildTurkeyMcGee likes this

Dud123
  • Dud123

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

"Blah blah blah "X" is overrated/overdone"

Get over it.

Rockstar clearly know how to do things the right way. Crime games, racing games, all of that have been overdone as well, yet here we are waiting for a game featuring all of these things to drop.

I'd love it, it would obviously be optional extra content released later (if at all), so people who don't like it can just not go near it.

i hope the success of rdr undead nightmare gives them a clue about what we like. Also, a little quote from an interview

“We had the presence of mind to add zombies to the title; and everyone always loves zombies,” Zelnick said. “I’d like to do zombies in everything, but I probably can’t say that here. But they do sell.”

it is most likely going to happen 

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Unfortunately zombie hordes are probably not possible on current gen consoles so there would only be small groups of like 4 or 5 at a time. And in a world like Los Santos I doubt they would do that, so it's doubtful that they would do this.

But if it is possible I would like them to fix the problems with RDR's UN.

Dud123
  • Dud123

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

Unfortunately zombie hordes are probably not possible on current gen consoles so there would only be small groups of like 4 or 5 at a time. And in a world like Los Santos I doubt they would do that, so it's doubtful that they would do this.

But if it is possible I would like them to fix the problems with RDR's UN.

i dont know, it seems plausible since they would remove all the vehicle traffic and day progression data for them and peds.

Thats a lot of resources to expend 

iownalx23
  • iownalx23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

I'm almost certain they will have a zombie dlc, and they should. They can do it in a way that doesn't feel corny, dragged out for too long, and gimmicky. I liked RDR Undead Nightmare but i still preferred the original version.

Dud123
  • Dud123

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:35 AM Edited by Dud123, 15 September 2013 - 06:35 AM.

I'm almost certain they will have a zombie dlc, and they should. They can do it in a way that doesn't feel corny, dragged out for too long, and gimmicky. I liked RDR Undead Nightmare but i still preferred the original version.

maybe its me but i feel that zombie games in general feel a lot better when going for ultra realism instead of a corny over the top dark humor like rdr undead nightmare did.

It was completely fantastic although i still preferred the original, like you

Morto Matrix
  • Morto Matrix

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

As long as I still get 2 DLCs that have nothing to do with Zombies, (like TLAD and TBOGT in GTA IV) I fully support this.

Dud123
  • Dud123

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

As long as I still get 2 DLCs that have nothing to do with Zombies, (like TLAD and TBOGT in GTA IV) I fully support this.

yeah, kinda missed some story dlc for red dead redemption

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users