Quantcast

» «
Photo

Alright.. So about this whole banning console thing.

38 replies to this topic
Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

They are banning people on XBOX live through achievement dates. 

None's gonna be banned on PSN through.

http://www.cinemable...arly-59100.html

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by jimmycakes, 15 September 2013 - 01:43 PM.

if you think you cant get banned for playing early even on a legit copy read this

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=497472

Stop spreading bullsh*t. One guy got banned and most of us agree he was as dumb as a brick(Jsticks LOL). He breached copyright by recording footage of the game and gave out his identity.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by dimitrispgr, 15 September 2013 - 01:48 PM.

WTF are you talking about? MS and R* arent stupid to think that someone who recieve his order earlyier (didnt steal or anything. Amazon for example) SHOULD wait for official release date to play the game......

Its stupid as hell.

Bans are for pirates or copyright violators.

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

JSticks got banned because his GamerTag appeared in one of his videos, Rockstar must have found out since those leaks were all over the internet and banned him. 

You will not get banned from Xbox Live if you unplug your ethernet cable from your Xbox 360 or turn off the Wifi from the Slim model, then use an offline account. 

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Ok, stop it. 

Stop making people paranoid. 

Stop saying bullsh*t. 

Micro$oft will NEVER say that they won't ban anyone who got the game early because they know Rockstar is watching, so they'll always recommend you to wait until the official release. 

Now, out of all the people who played the game early and got banned (only saw proof from ONE, and that's the Vine dude), 100 % of them stated that their Xbox was modded somehow. I don't care about the kind of modding, they named a lot.

Nor R* nor M$ will ban you or your console for getting a legitimate game early. Now, I'm talking about 1-2 days early. People that refer to Halo 4 seem to forgot that a month before release a copy of the game "leaked" on the internet and a huge f*cking banhammer went down on a LOT of idiots that couldn't wait a few weeks. That was M$ strategy and it worked fairly well... This time around, the game leaked I believe on a Thursday, so I'm guessing the "banning" (I still have to see some proof from people without modded Xboxes) was active from Thrusday to Saturday.

I don't think anyone will be banned today and I certainly doubt that anyone will be banned tomorrow, when is expected that a LOT of people get the game early.

And no, you won't be banned from GTA Online come October 1st. That's the biggest load of crap I read today.

If you get the game tomorrow, play it. NOTHING will happen. 

lol.... What he said.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:51 PM Edited by _KC, 15 September 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Yikes, top paragraph

OamsInK.png

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

if you think you cant get banned for playing early even on a legit copy read this

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=497472

Halo 4 was a big exception, mostly because it's a Microsoft Studios game and Microsoft has always cracked down harder on their own games, but also because it leaked weeks early.  Note that this guy was playing almost two weeks before launch.  What happened to that guy is the exception, not the rule.

GTAOnlineVideos
  • GTAOnlineVideos

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

Yikes, top paragraph

OamsInK.png

Quit scaring the kiddies with this nonsense lol.

• _KC likes this

M-B
  • M-B

A dope trailer is no place for a kitty.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

The thing with microsoft is they won't ask where or how you got it they will ban you if they see you have it early. However they are not purposefully looking for people playing it. It's like a random search process. Back many years ago I used to get copied games ( I was unemployed and couldn't afford much at all which is no excuse for some of you I know ) sometimes a month or more before official release date. I never got a ban. My friend however played FIFA a week early and was banned instantly.

It's a lottery as to weather you get banned or not. And considering the online element to GTA 5 is what a lot of people are looking forward to more then the single player campaign it's a risk I just wouldn't take.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users