» «

Game won't start with 1.0.4 [PC]

2 replies to this topic
  • FrontierProject

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hey guys, I bought GTA IV when it became quite obvious V wouldn't get an opening day PC release, updated to 1.0.7, gamed played flawlessly after I had to add xlive.dll, and am now at 47% career completion. Anyway it bugged me that you can't actually own a car, so I went looking and found this: http://www.gta4-mods...ctor-v141-f2164

It's only available for 1.0.4, and I read that 1.0.4 has better performance, so I uninstalled, reinstalled and updated to 1.0.4. Now the game won't start, all I get is a popup command console box for a second, which closes and then nothing.  I have Liveless dlls from the icenhancer install files in place of the xlive.dll (icenhancer is not installed.)

any ideas?

I'm playing on a completly offline computer, here's a rundown of what I've done so far:

installed game, couldn't get offline installer to work, so downloaded razor1911 crack and ran it that way, idr if I had the same problem then, but I did have to download the xlive.dll.

Played game for past week, decided to use mod, reinstalled, updated, used crack, game won't start. spent all day trying different crack versions, dll files, whatever. Gave up, reinstalled, reupdated (still .4) figured the problem was the Razor crack, retried offline activation, this time gave codes exactly they way they appeared, full capitals, added dashes etc. successful activation. Game now preforms an annoying disc check on startup, but the game still won't start. As mentioned earlier I have Liveless dlls instead of standard xlive.

• Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

Try deleting all files from the Settings folder and see it that helps.

Windows XP SP3 - C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Windows Vista - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Windows 7 - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Capten Morgan
  • Capten Morgan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

You need to clean your reg..! :rol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users