Quantcast

» «
Photo

Plan to play on an early legitimate copy? Think again.

31 replies to this topic
Disturbed x360a
  • Disturbed x360a

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by Disturbed x360a, 14 September 2013 - 10:14 PM.

I contacted Microsoft and from what I can read you are at risk of a ban if you play the game early, even if it is a legitimate copy. Below is the transcript from my chat with customer support.

Theresa: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer support. My name is Theresa. Please give me a moment to review your concern.
Joshua: Okay.
Theresa: Hi Joshua, I hope you're doing good today!
Joshua: Likewise.
Theresa: I see here that we have inquiry about playing the GTA V prior on the official release, is that right?
Joshua: Correct.
Theresa: As per checking, yes it is true that accounts will be banned once they play the game prior on the release date.
Joshua: What is the earliest that you can play?
Joshua: And you will be banned even if it is a legitimate real copy?
Theresa: As soon as Rockstar, game developer release it.
Joshua: So 12am in my Country on the 17th?
Theresa: About the legitimate copy, yes we can still get banned as this violates the rights of the game.
Theresa: In Uk, let me double check that for you Joshua.
Joshua: That seems a little harsh. I know lots of people have played other games early and not been banned. Is this strictly for GTA V? And okay.
Theresa: Thank you for waiting Joshua.
Theresa: The release is indeed on September 17, that's is correct.
Theresa: I understand where you're coming from. I'm also a gamer myself and I feel the excitement to play this expensive game.
Theresa: It's true that not all players are banned for playing this game prior on the release date.
Theresa: Though there are some players who violates our terms of use and that cause them to get banned.
Joshua: Oh okay. If I was to play the game on Monday the 16th would I be banned? And what do you mean by violates our terms of service? Do you mean people leaking videos or people with illegal downloads of the game?
Theresa: In my opinion, 17 is near so might as well play it on the release date to ensure my account can play it the longest time we can play.
Theresa: There's a possibility that it might or might not get banned. But I would suggest that we do it on the right time.
Theresa: Violates our terms use, means there were actions that these players has done for example leaking of videos.
Joshua: So on the off chance that I do get it on the 16th you advise me to not play it until 12am on the 17th or risk a ban? Correct?
Theresa: Yes Joshua, I recommend that you wait until 17.
Theresa: My account was actually suspended before and believe me you don't want that to happen on your account.
Joshua: Okay thanks for all of your help. I think I'll wait. I have been waiting for years I can wait a few more days.
Theresa: Exactly. Good thinking Joshua.
Theresa: Might as well use the time to research the game.
Theresa: I’m glad we were able to resolve your inquiry today.
Theresa: It has been a pleasure chatting with you.
Theresa: Are there any questions that I can answer for the mean time?
Joshua: That's a good idea, thanks. I am glad too. Thanks for the confirmation and likewise it has been a pleasure talking to you. 
Joshua: Also I think that is about it. Thanks again and have a nice day.
Theresa: Awesome! 
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to my email at the end of your chat.
Theresa: I would appreciate if you can click on the black X symbol next to the envelope to close this chat session.
Theresa: This is good as resolved. 
Theresa: Thank you for being with me all this time.
Theresa: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support! To end your chat session please click the  above the chat window. If you have any additional questions after you disconnect, feel free to contact us again. Have a great day!
Theresa: Cheers!
Joshua: Will do and take care.

Egg Maestro
  • Egg Maestro

Vice City Tourist

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

I was talking to Xbox support today and they said it wouldn't be a problem to play early. So now I'm not too sure... 

Skyline91
  • Skyline91

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Or just play without being connected to the internet for a few days?

Disturbed x360a
  • Disturbed x360a

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

I was talking to Xbox support today and they said it wouldn't be a problem to play early. So now I'm not too sure... 

This is exactly what I am thinking. You can never get a straight answer...

Velcrohead
  • Velcrohead

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Women lie, play it anyway.

• Mr Mean Swag, jarz85 and Ranieri. like this

69Nevada
  • 69Nevada

HIP PRIEST

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

didn't know mother teresa was a gta fan

• BlademanX, Mr Mean Swag and 7csc like this

Egg Maestro
  • Egg Maestro

Vice City Tourist

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

Tbh with the amount of people who will get it on Monday from places like ShopTo and Amazon, I think it will be ok to play on Monday, unless Microsoft are happy to piss off thousands of customers for no good reason!

Restrictive
  • Restrictive

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

They will not ban you unless your doing streams etc

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

There is a chance that with playing GTA V early (whether it is a week or a day) you could get yourself banned. This ban could be your gamertag or console or even both. So if you do get your game early and do not care about the risk in getting banned, then by all means go ahead and play your heart out (I know most people on this forum if they got GTA V early they wouldn't think at all of the risks and just pop the disk in).

So like what OP has said if you do get the game early, you should know that it is possible to get banned and it is your choice whether to take that risk or not.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Theresa: My account was actually suspended before and believe me you don't want that to happen on your account.

Err, how can a Xbox support team account get suspended like that? Hmm. Unless it's sh*ttalk to scare you.

GM Inc
  • GM Inc

Get Money Industries

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:58 AM Edited by GM Inc, 15 September 2013 - 12:59 AM.

Err, how can a Xbox support team account get suspended like that? Hmm. Unless it's sh*ttalk to scare you.

Theresa: The release is indeed on September 17, that's is correct

yeh and she said she is a gamer but didn't know when V was out lol

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:59 AM Edited by Deathpally, 15 September 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Only thing I could say to help validate her claim would be before she was a support she did something naughty and got banned?

^She probably had to google the release date lol :lol:

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Yeeeaaaaah no. If my copy comes in early, then f*ck them. I don't even use Xbox Live, so I hope they enjoy beating a dead horse. My game, my console, f*ck off

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

What's with all of these dumb threads? No one gets banned for playing an early legit copy. It's just an urban myth started  by some butthurt nerd that couldn't get an early copy.

kb8618
  • kb8618

"I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ig

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:17 AM Edited by kb8618, 15 September 2013 - 05:19 AM.

Unless you connect to live/PSN, post videos of gameplay and your youtube name is the same as your live/psn id, and or it shows your id you shouldnt get banned.  Unless they secreatly sniff what you play and when as you reconnect

Razed-
  • Razed-

aka rpg

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

You guys should play on PS3. Smoother framerate and no one can ban you.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

What's with all of these dumb threads? No one gets banned for playing an early legit copy. It's just an urban myth started  by some butthurt nerd that couldn't get an early copy.

Xbox users are getting banned genius, mean while there's a rumor that Sony doesn't judging by a recent tweet from one of the big guys there.

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

This has to be fake, the "Xbox Support" has terrible grammar

dragonisinogard
  • dragonisinogard

Dragonisinogard

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

Rockstar Policy is that if you are playing their games early as long as you don't post unboxing or gaming videos you will not get banned

Deathpally
  • Deathpally

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:11 AM Edited by Deathpally, 15 September 2013 - 06:13 AM.

Why would someone waste their time in faking a Microsoft support chat conversation. I believe that there is a risk (possibly a slim chance) of you getting either your console and or gamertag banned if you play early.

edit: also this guy can't be a troll because he has posted on another thread about how he has played games early before and never was banned, so why would he make this up if he himself doesn't think you will get banned. He probably had a real conversation with some Microsoft support to get some answers on whether or not playing a game early institutes a banning of the console and or gamertag.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Only people who leak footage will be banned.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

didn't know mother teresa was a gta fan

Looooool

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Half the people that work in support are foreign students and indians, english isnt their first.language. try learning a second.language natives will laugh at you

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Does "english as a second language" mean anything to you? The Mumbai English teachers aren't reputed as being the best authorities on the language.

Disturbed x360a
  • Disturbed x360a

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:09 AM Edited by Disturbed x360a, 15 September 2013 - 09:10 AM.

It is not fake. Why would I waste time creating a fake conversation...

Why would someone waste their time in faking a Microsoft support chat conversation. I believe that there is a risk (possibly a slim chance) of you getting either your console and or gamertag banned if you play early.

edit: also this guy can't be a troll because he has posted on another thread about how he has played games early before and never was banned, so why would he make this up if he himself doesn't think you will get banned. He probably had a real conversation with some Microsoft support to get some answers on whether or not playing a game early institutes a banning of the console and or gamertag.

Thanks for defending me :)

I think it's safe to say that you WILL ONLY get banned if you leak footage. I only contacted them because there were a few rumours floating around that legitimate players were being banned without leaking. I wanted some clarification and this is what I was told. It's now come to my attention that customer support know f*ck all when it comes to this topic.

Case closed.

sparky66
  • sparky66

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

The official line from Microsoft has always been 'play a game before release day and we will assume you are a pirate and ban you'. That never really happens, you may be risking it if you are playing a week before, but huge amounts of people get their legitimate copy a couple of days early. I got LA Noire two days early and I never got a ban. They would have to ban thousands of costomers if they followed their own rules and banned everyone who played before release day. It is usually almost certain that if you order a game online it will arrive early anyway. My copy of GTA V was dispatched Saturday first class with an estimated arrival date of Monday.

DrewyR
  • DrewyR

DrewyR

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

There is a chance that you will get banned but it's always just a case of proving that your game is a legitimate copy and then your account will be reinstated. 

rubba_dukie
  • rubba_dukie

Floating in a sexy bathtub near you

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Theresa: I understand where you're coming from. I'm also a gamer myself and I feel the excitement to play this expensive game.

What an odd thing to say...

Anyone that gets the game early and doesn't play needs shot. If they survive that, they should be shot again.

Nigerian Keith
  • Nigerian Keith

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Are people on here actually retarded?

You can't get banned for playing a game early.

Trading standards in the uk (i have no idea about other countries) would not let a company tradw if they were just banning people willy nilly because of playing something before the release date.

There are at least 3 different companies violating legal terms here if they even try it.

Firstly the company that delivered you your game early.

Secondly Rockstar for requesting uoi have your xbox or gamertag blocked.

finally microsoft for blocking your console or gamertag.

You could legitimately request a refund for a number of things as well as damages in the uk court system if any of the companies refused to reimburse you for monies lost as a result of a banning or block.

CarbonL20
  • CarbonL20

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Cba reading the post but someone on my FL have been playing since yesterday no ban legitimate copy as most will get it Monday they won't get banned then either as Australia will have it anyway as they are like 9 or so hours in front (UK time)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users