Quantcast

» «
Photo

Getting a legitimate copy tomorrow, can I play it ?

21 replies to this topic
Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

I'm wondering wether it's violating something or not against Rockstar, the retailer store is getting my copy tomorrow morning and I'm going to stop by and pick it up when I come back from Uni, will I get banned or anything for playing it early ? I don't have a nuked box and I'm paying for a legit original retail copy with money from my own pockets.

anyone can clarify more about this ?

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

You will get arrested. Don't play!

Knoxogoshi
  • Knoxogoshi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I've read that on the 360, playing whilst you are online may get your account banned as Microsoft can track if you receive a GTA V achievement, not sure if that's true though. Your best bet may be to just play without an internet connection or wait it out till Tuesday just to be safe ;)

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Go offline

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

Yes. MS won't do sh*t.

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by Nillus, 14 September 2013 - 09:38 PM.

I've read that on the 360, playing whilst you are online may get your account banned as Microsoft can track if you receive a GTA V achievement, not sure if that's true though. Your best bet may be to just play without an internet connection or wait it out till Tuesday just to be safe ;)

Stop spreading fear and lies. You'll get banned when you break the EULA. Playing early isn't breaking any EULA item. Leaking game content before release date is.

/thread

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

Platinum Deplorable

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

You can play it with no worry. The ONLY way they would hit your console is if and ONLY if you are streaming and are dumb enough to show your gamertag. Hundreds of thousands already have and are playing the game as we speak. 

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Stop spreading fear and lies. You'll get banned when you break the EULA. Playing early isn't breaking any EULA item. Leaking game content before release date is.

/thread

lol What he said. You are totally allowed to play. It's not even a crime for the stores to sell it early, merely a breach of contract.

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

/thread

Could you link that EULA part by any chance ? saw somewhere that it actually does break EULA, it doesn't make sense to me, one cant be held responsible for recieving a copy early only because his local store sells it early, you dont get prompt with the EULA when you start games on 360..

IronZombie
  • IronZombie

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

It's not against Microsoft's policy to play a game early. They only care about if you pirate the game or if you're streaming a leak. They won't do a damn thing. Just play the game and enjoy. 

By the way, mind telling me how you got the game early? I'm just curious.

slb97
  • slb97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

As soon as you put the disc in the cops will break your door down and take you to jail where you'll be anally raped by a man.

j/k lol play it nothing will happen.

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Just play it offline there's no gta online anyways

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

It's not against Microsoft's policy to play a game early. They only care about if you pirate the game or if you're streaming a leak. They won't do a damn thing. Just play the game and enjoy. 

By the way, mind telling me how you got the game early? I'm just curious.

My parents in the UK told me its released as intended when I asked them to call Gamestop however it ships here early (to local game stores) - and when the stores get the copies they sell it, they do not bother waiting, I personally live in Israel by the way and the store I pre-ordered it from gets the delivery tomorrow and they called me today and said I should pick it up ;)

dzjx
  • dzjx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Ive never read so much bullsh*t in one post.

megadrixfire
  • megadrixfire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

rockstar will nuke your house from orbit, b crful 

• So Awesome likes this

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

Still skeptuc about this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

Hundreds of thousands already have and are playing the game as we speak. 

That makes me so jealous!  :cry:

notch
  • notch

HIGH TECH REDNECK

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

no

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Play with an offline account. "Player1" and sh*t, if you are on an Xbox. You should stream some too bro. It's good to watch them.

Don Roy

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

Man I wonder if I can get the ps3 version early in Malaysia like you people...if yes I gonna go get it immediately.

BlaineCountyHooker
  • BlaineCountyHooker

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

no

Setrakus
  • Setrakus

The Strategist.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

You can play it with no worry. The ONLY way they would hit your console is if and ONLY if you are streaming and are dumb enough to show your gamertag. Hundreds of thousands already have and are playing the game as we speak.

What would happen if I make a fake profile (with someones gamertag) or photosop someone's gamertag, and then start streaming? Wil that poor guy get banned? Doesn't seem fair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users