Photo

New users

9 replies to this topic
Angelus031
  • Angelus031

I like turtles

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Could we(you) by any chance make new users go through some hoops, like for instance 50 posts before being able to see the GTA V section of the forum or at least being able to post in it.

Honestly, almost all of them are ridiculously stupid gif responses, tl;dr responses,  or just plain insults.

Basically, by making a postcount before the V section is accessible, you'd separate the wheat from the chaff, who ever had joined the forum simply to make endless topics about V, and flaming other would simply walk away, and the ones who actually want to participate in a community would stay.

Look at the first two posts in the following topic, they are useless: http://gtaforums.com...ke-iv-obsolete/

The user "stupidmalaka" has registered only 12 hours ago, and he is instantly part of the "spam, flame & OT" part of the forum.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

This solves nothing. They will make those same stupid posts elsewhere on the forums until they either get banned or have met the required post count to post in the V section. It's better to keep all the idiocy contained there rather than spread all over the site, consider it a quarantine zone for now.

• Eutyphro, Matty and Ciaran like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Just use the report feature. That will help staff remind users. 

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

If they implemented a dislike feature then we could have something where if someone got disliked a huge amount of times over a short period they would have their posting rights revoked (upon action from a moderator) 

Example:

Newbie makes spam post/troll post and gets 30 dislikes in an hour, mod is made aware of this and sees he was trolling and revokes rights

Wellknown member is boycotted and all his posts are disliked over a few hours, mod is made aware of this and realises he is doing nothing wrong, doesn't revoke rights.

Also dislikes wouldnt be shown on profile but in the warning log.

Just an idea :)

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

That's exactly what the report feature does.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

If they implemented a dislike feature then we could have something where if someone got disliked a huge amount of times over a short period they would have their posting rights revoked (upon action from a moderator) 

Example:

Newbie makes spam post/troll post and gets 30 dislikes in an hour, mod is made aware of this and sees he was trolling and revokes rights

Wellknown member is boycotted and all his posts are disliked over a few hours, mod is made aware of this and realises he is doing nothing wrong, doesn't revoke rights.

That would never work as people who dislike other people would just hand out numerous dislikes si that there posting rights get revoked. Let it the way it is and just us the report button whenever you see a post you dont think fits with the forum guidelines.

epicluca
  • epicluca

Red Dead Remasterdemption

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:03 PM Edited by gtamad8, 15 September 2013 - 09:04 PM.

Example:

That would never work as people who dislike other people would just hand out numerous dislikes si that there posting rights get revoked. Let it the way it is and just us the report button whenever you see a post you dont think fits with the forum guidelines.

You didn't read the whole of my post :)

If you did you would've noticed this part

Well known member is boycotted and all his posts are disliked over a few hours, mod is made aware of this and realises he is doing nothing wrong, doesn't revoke rights.

And incase you did read that but didn't understand, what I mean was that when a post is disliked enough times in a certain space of time, a moderator is made aware and decides whether or not to take further action, and as I said if a troll had alot of dislikes their rights would be revoked, but if- as you said- someone who didn't like someone else just disliked all their posts, the moderator would realise this and not revoke their rights.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:10 PM Edited by Tacymist, 15 September 2013 - 09:11 PM.

But rather than disliking a post 30 times to bring it to a mod's attention, you can simply report the post once and get the same result. There really is no point in adding a dislike feature in this way.

zzmorg82
  • zzmorg82

In the moment.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I agree with Tacymist on the topic, just continue to use the report feature like it is. Just wait until after the 17th, many of them will be gone due to GTA V being out and (many) will never come back until another GTA release.

If you don't want to be spoiled, then avoid the section all together.

Angelus031
  • Angelus031

I like turtles

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:56 PM Edited by Angelus031, 16 September 2013 - 11:56 PM.

I refrained myself from doing that because I believed I would be charged with abuse of the report button, sort of like YouTube does, but now that I have your blessing I will report of the wrong doers. :D

They really are impossible, I've never seen a group of more obnoxious cretins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users