» «
Photo

Graphics are insane

318 replies to this topic
napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:04 PM Edited by napoleonic, 15 September 2013 - 02:10 PM.

those graphics are not insane in any way... it's rather substandard for this time of date actually, it's just you console gamers never seen similar games with maxed graphics on pc like just cause 2, mafia 2, sleeping dogs they looked from on par - better than that... well in fact, a modded gta 4 can still look better than that, well think about it... a random guys on the internet capable of transforming stock gta 4 sh*tty graphics into at least on par or even better than gta v with relatively average efforts without being paid whatsoever, then here we have a $ 150 million budgeted professional game designer team release a successor of gta 4 that have graphics that at best just being on par with combined efforts from a bunch of random guys on internet? how is that not underwhelming in any way?

it's just disappointing that rockstar didn't choose to release gta v with new engine and target the new consoles as lead platform then scaled the graphics down for old consoles.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Photos in first post are from PC.

Just kidding. Rockstar best developers and artists in the history.

Amazing result, AMAZING.

I almost raged until I saw the bottim sentences  :lol:

slb97
  • slb97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

those graphics are not insane in any way... it's rather substandard for this time of date actually, it's just you console gamers never seen similar games with maxed graphics on pc like just cause 2, mafia 2, sleeping dogs they looked from on par - better than that... well in fact, a modded gta 4 can still look better than that, well think about it... a random guys on the internet capable of transforming stock gta 4 sh*tty graphics into at least on par or even better than gta v with relatively average efforts without being paid whatsoever, then here we have a $ 150 million budgeted professional game designer team release a successor of gta 4 that have graphics that at best just being on par with combined efforts from a bunch of random guys on internet? how is that not underwhelming in any way?

it's just disappointing that rockstar didn't choose to release gta v with new engine and target the new consoles as lead platform then scaled the graphics down for old consoles.

bro, do you even read? 

everyone said for this gen on CONSOLES for an open world game of its size, its rather stunning

i'm a pc gamer myself and by no means is this crysis but gta 5 looks pretty f*cking awesome considering the fact that its running on consoles, its size and detail.

stop being a butthurt fanboy and give credit where its due

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

Incredible! Turns out those screenshots Rockstar released weren't bullshots at all  :D
With this game, who needs next-gen?

GTA6, Max Payne 4, Future RDR, Midnight Club, Agent, Bully 2, New tiles  PS4/Xbox One.....

with not a single one even near...
Or announced for that matter.

Bully 2 will never come :( :sui:

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

bro, do you even read? 

everyone said for this gen on CONSOLES for an open world game of its size, its rather stunning

i'm a pc gamer myself and by no means is this crysis but gta 5 looks pretty f*cking awesome considering the fact that its running on consoles, its size and detail.

how about you also read what I said?

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

all have rather on par or even better overall graphics (more or less, depending on various graphical effects you compare them at) than gta v already!

gta v should've been made with new consoles as the lead platform and standard then scaled them down, that way we could have graphics that closer to watch dogs or the division, and that way everybody win.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

gta v should've been made with new consoles as the lead platform and standard then scaled them down, that way we could have graphics that closer to watch dogs or the division, and that way everybody win.

Who told you it wasn't? You just don't know yet... wait a  few weeks.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

all have rather on par or even better overall graphics (more or less, depending on various graphical effects you compare them at) than gta v already!

nobody would win...

using a new engine or console would result in another GTA4 thing which was a step back gameplaywise and also had its graphical flaws due the lack of experience with the new Rage Engine.

They alreay explained several times why its on current gen and not next gen.

And Just Cause 2 looks far from looking as good as this. Especially as its a Map with way less details.

Mafia looks good but has many technical flaws like tearing and slow downs. GTA5 still looks better.

Sleeping Dogs looks good too. Really good. But also lacks of details and the scale of V.

Thats not Fanboy talkin, thats obvious

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

Just Cause 2 doesn't have these graphics neither detailed areas , Mafia 2 isn't actually that huge , Sleeping Dogs doesn't look that great compared to GTAV so please go kill your self

Panerama
  • Panerama

Keelah se'lai

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:58 PM Edited by Panerama, 15 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

If you guessed this thread wouldn't turn into a fanboy war, you've been wrong...

slb97
  • slb97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

lol stop replying you make yourself look like a c*nt

firstly, just cause 2 was huge and had good graphics but mostly empty and had nowhere near the same level of detail and interaction as gta 5.

secondly, mafia 2 map and sleeping dogs maps were pretty tiny and there was less to do on those maps even though the graphics were similar to gta 5 and they came earlier. 

gta 5 has done well for its graphics considering ALL OTHER things included in the game

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

Just Cause 2 doesn't have these graphics neither detailed areas , Mafia 2 isn't actually that huge , Sleeping Dogs doesn't look that great compared to GTAV so please go kill your self

just cause 2 : came out in 2010 from a small studio... map still bigger than gta v, draw distance more or less slightly better than gta v, game ran flawlessly on all platforms

mafia 2 : 2010 title too from also a rather small studio, not that huge, yeah but still have better overall graphics than gta v, with rather comparable performance.

sleeping dogs : 2012 title from a B grade studio, only look slightly worse than mafia 2 with good performance across platforms

as I said before, those 3 have graphics ranged from on par to better than gta v

keep in mind that those 3 games from 3 different studios that at least 2 levels below rockstar with combined funds maybe not 1/5 the size of gta v developing funds.

add the fact that random modders can turn gta iv graphics to be on par or better than gta v graphics.

when you really really think about it and consider such facts I stated above, gta v have underwhelming graphics... and thus when you try to analyze objectively it's quite obvious that gta v graphics is now where near INSANE or worthy to be the benchmark as seemingly being agreed by many posters here.

moreover I believe we deserve a better gta v graphics here.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Napoleonic you seem mad because Rockstar hasn't confirmed a pc release yet

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

Just cause 2

jc2_13.jpg

just-cause-2-xbox-360-141.jpg

MAFIA 2:

2pzbnd0xzbv.png

Sleeping Dogs:

Sleeping_Dogs_Screenshots_Xbox_360_05.jp360_033.png

Yes, Sleeping DOgs looks good. But is has by no means the scale of V and the graphical effects are way worse. especially the lighting

slb97
  • slb97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by slb97, 15 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

just cause 2 : came out in 2010 from a small studio... map still bigger than gta v, draw distance more or less slightly better than gta v, game ran flawlessly on all platforms

mafia 2 : 2010 title too from also a rather small studio, not that huge, yeah but still have better overall graphics than gta v, with rather comparable performance.

sleeping dogs : 2012 title from a B grade studio, only look slightly worse than mafia 2 with good performance across platforms

keep in mind that those 3 games from 3 different studios that at least 2 levels below rockstar with combined funds maybe not 1/5 the size of gta v developing funds.

add the fact that random modders can turn gta iv graphics to be on par or better than gta v graphics.

when you really really think about it and consider such facts I stated above, gta v have underwhelming graphics... and thus when you try to analyze objectively it's quite obvious that gta v graphics is now where near INSANE or worthy to be the benchmark as seemingly being agreed by many posters here.

we haven't even talked about gta online though yet lol

look bro i'm unhappy that pc release hasn't been confirmed also, but stop being a fanboy lol you look like a prick on the internet

to the guy above me:

dont want to quote the post above me cause of those big ass screens, but those pics of mafia 2 and jc2 are taken from pc running at max settings..... nice try

Nirk Niggler
  • Nirk Niggler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Seriously, if anyone has a problem with IV just download an ENB mod. It takes 5 seconds to copy paste the files needed and it makes the game look INCREDIBLE.

Kemo66
  • Kemo66

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

so, in your IDEAL world, would you have rather seen GTAV on the PC only, or PC and PS4/XBone? have it skip 360/PS3?

For me, I'm fortunate enough to be able to be system agnostic,(i'm too old to get involved in system bickering, seen it too many times over my 30 years in gaming!)  but i'm also a realist, I want R* to succeed in what they do, I want the best game they can make, and be commercially successful at the same time. I think we may be lucky to get the best of both worlds here, with any luck we can all enjoy the latest release today, and hopefully a 'next-gen' or PC version a little later into 2014.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

look bro i'm unhappy that pc release hasn't been confirmed also, but stop being a fanboy lol you look like a prick on the internet

to the guy above me:

dont want to quote the post above me cause of those big ass screens, but those pics of mafia 2 and jc2 are taken from pc running at max settings..... nice try

they are all Xbox/PS3...

Kylmin
  • Kylmin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by Kylmin, 15 September 2013 - 03:46 PM.

sleeping dogs and just cause 2 look so plastic,terrible graphics on consoles and they just copy and paste all over that's boring,now gta v has solid graphics and all the scenario seems to be unique,i'm impressed how they managed to do such graphics

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

lol its max payne 3 graphics, not bad but ( watch dogs/ last of us/ assassin creed/ uncharted ) still the best graphics.

Eh no, the graphics look better than MP3 if you ask me. Don't be expecting too much of WD now, cause for a next-gen game it looks very disappointing. At GC on PS4 it had a ton of aliasing too, combined with an unstable framerate, grainy shadows and so on. WOW at comparing Uncharted, a linear game to a open-world game.....ok.

it looks better than just about anything out there by miles. Next gen may have more advanced effects, but it doesnt have this level of design and pure artistry. The screens and even the trailers don't really bring across how awesome everything looks when it's moving. The smoothness of the animation, the subtle camerawork during (the almost seamless) transitions. Insane is the right word. 

EDIT:

and to that watch dogs gif I say: GTA V does come pretty damn close to that. All watch dogs has on it are advanced effects afforded by next gen horsepower. GTA V still looks prettier, because the world and story is so much better. Standing on top of Mt. Chilliad looking out over the countryside is ALWAYS going to look better than another dreary near-future east coast city in the grips of some dull conspiracy plot. I bet Watch Dogs on current gen isn't even going to come close. I'm not even hating on that game, it'll be a great game in it's own right, I'm sure. It will not be GTA V though.

yeah right, u are blind same like the guy in your avatar 

Actually that guy is right on point.

People are over hyping the differences on the consoles.

Good comparison video, but not all the time...he seems to be comparing the game at different times of day...a perfect comparison would be having it be at the exact same time of day and so on. That said, to me Franklin looks a bit more high-res/crisp compared to PS3, the differences right there are very small though.

Rawmeat
  • Rawmeat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

http://anago.2ch.net...e/1379243581/63

There ya go. Great comparison shots. Ps3 seems to have better textures/draw distance. Look at the tree far down also look at the building top right, and the hills to the left. Quickly switch between them to see :) But the differences is really minimal.

Chriss0906
  • Chriss0906

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

Are you f*cking serious? mafia and just cause 2 graphics are f*cking ugly. sleeping dogs is fine but still. gta v goes over them and sh*t on them

slb97
  • slb97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

to the guy above me:

they are all Xbox/PS3...

^ source bruh?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

There ya go. Great comparison shots. Ps3 seems to have better textures/draw distance. Look at the tree far down also look at the building top right, and the hills to the left. Quickly switch between them to see :) But the differences is really minimal.

actually the Xbox one has better sharper textures on that. Maybe you switched the screens but you see that the tree has more leaves than on PS3 on that. also the small way on the left of the tree is sharper on the Xbox one.

but you are right that its minimal.

bro, do you even read? 

just cause 2

mafia 2

sleeping dogs

to the guy above me:

they are all Xbox/PS3...

^ source bruh?

this is PC max settings

http://www.abload.de/img/jc25e7m.jpg

http://www.abload.de...2010-04dgjs.png

slb97
  • slb97

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

^ i asked to confirm that those earlier screens of jc2 and mafia 2 are infact on the console

if you can't do that then i call bullsh*t

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:06 PM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 15 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Holy sh*t son, that does look amazing. How were these taken? Cause I will be the last one to bitch about the graphics, but the leaked videos so far, not naming any sites but we know em, don't show the graphics looked this damn clean.

KlyNeR made a few of those:

http://gtaforums.com...e/?p=1063320258

And that plugin doesn't....alter or make screenshots more pretty or anything? Cause man...I am f*cking impressed. As for Watch Dogs. I have seen it at GC on PS4 and it looks NOTHING like the E3 2012 video, nothing. The 14 minutes video is what you have on PS4 and no doubt Xbox One as well. And no doubt in my mind that V impresses a whole lot more. WD still has those horrible grainy shadows, which is ridiculous for a next-gen game. The character looks detailed and the cars too and that is where it ends. Everything else looks very disappointing in WD and reminds me more of a current gen game. IGN AU was not kidding when they said V impressed them more. I can clearly see why.

And i see what some people with there posting videos of WD where its nighttime and raining. Wait till you see that in V. I saw it in a stream and i was like.....wtf? This reminds me of that WD E3 2012 video.

Sorry for the late reply. I want to clear that up again.

This plugin copies the current video frame that is in RAM to your Computer.

So this is completely unedited. I get a BMP file that I just convert to PNG to get a smaller file with good quality.

But because TV's always have these Correction effects like better contrast, color boost etc., the picture looks less colourful and with less contrast than on the real tv.

On the screens you also can't notice much of the aliasing.

When you play the game, especially at daytime, the aliasing is easily noticable. The aliasing is kinda like RDR (Xbox Version)

I know what you mean with those tv settings, but I have all that stuff disabled cause it ruins the picture only more and more. So on tv it looks like those screenshots with a bit more aliasing? If its similar to RDR as you say....i'd be very good with that.

As for people here praising just cause 2 graphics so much. Yeah well I finished it on 360 and it looks good, forests look good, mountains too, water as well. ALL ELSE doesn't look nearly as good. Pedestrians aren't nearly as detailed as in GTA V, animations, the protagonist...CARS and I can go on...is in no way the same level as V.

Rawmeat
  • Rawmeat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

actually the Xbox one has better sharper textures on that. Maybe you switched the screens but you see that the tree has more leaves than on PS3 on that. also the small way on the left of the tree is sharper on the Xbox one.

Nah, you switched them m8. 360 has more leaves. Check again

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

right tree. second from top. on the right of that yellow thing on the house. are there more screens?

Rawmeat
  • Rawmeat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

right tree. second from top. on the right of that yellow thing on the house. are there more screens?

http://gtaforums.com...graphics/page-3

There's alot of shots :) They look almost identical. Ps3 shots are the "brighter" ones.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

http://gtaforums.com...graphics/page-3

There's alot of shots :) They look almost identical. Ps3 shots are the "brighter" ones.

Amazing stuff, that face of Michael looks goddamn detailed. Thank you based Rockstar. These guys are wizards.

KlyNeR
  • KlyNeR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm currently just exploring the world and not doing missions atm.

I wanted to see how far the view distance from the northern part really is

This is the town in the north behind Mt. Chiliad. You can even see all into the south to Los Santos :D Really cool

datview.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users