d3xx.png

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Lol OP is funny

But I'm still gonna crave stalking those gritty streets in that concrete jungle called Liberty City. Yeah, I will play GTA IV again sometime in the future. But not until after I have played the living daylights out of GTA V.

• mikeinthahouse likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

IV > V

Shooting, driving mechanics are trash. More people will be on GTA IV's multiplayer this week, so enjoy fellas.

Are you kidding about the shooting right? 

IV shooting was awful. It was slow and crappy while V is fast and responsive.

Driving goes more for opinion. I mean do you like driving a boat? If so play IV if not then play V.  

Dexter00
  • Dexter00

F*CKING F*CK

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

it will be better once it comes to PC its still on that sh*tty console so

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

I think what they've been able to with the engine has been amazing. But on that note, please avoid inflammatory statements like that.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Every GTA game is an artwork in it's own right and not acknowledging that makes you less of a true GTA fan.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

IV > V

Shooting, driving mechanics are trash. More people will be on GTA IV's multiplayer this week, so enjoy fellas.

Driving goes more for opinion. I mean do you like driving a boat? If so play IV if not then play V.  

This whole "driving a boat" argument is beginning to get overused and annoying. So a few cars had body roll so what? Don't cars in real life have body roll? I've seen Bentley's roll on harsh turns, Aston's, Audi's, hell even a Mazda Miata, which is light, can have some body roll. Body roll gave the cars a sense of weight and it effected the handling. On some cars it was overdone but on others it wasn't bad at all.

On Topic: IV's not going to die in my eyes. To me it was the best GTA in the series. I mean the story, man it is always so exciting and interesting to play through it. I don't need constant explosions, planes, and extreme high speed chases to be immerse into the story. IV was almost perfect for me. I'll always revisit IV. I mean I won't play it as much as I used to but I'll still enjoy it.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

IV > V

all i ever see you do is Bash IV go wank over the last of us << which is sh*tty btw

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

IV > V

Well I think GTA IV's shooting is quite smooth and accurate, but we all have opinions right?

No offense redx, but you come ascross as very condesending at times. The last part of your quote proves that. :/

• Finite and Nick like this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by Lightning Strike, 16 September 2013 - 03:18 AM.

Well I think GTA IV's shooting is quite smooth and accurate, but we all have opinions right?

No offense redx, but you come ascross as very condesending at times. The last part of your quote proves that. :/

GTA IV's shooting's still great, it might not be as accurate or polished as Max Payne's or Red Dead's but it certainly comes close, lest we forget everything that Rockstar have made this generation is only here because of the innovations that IV brought to the table. 

As for your comment on the driving Redx, I really enjoyed the cars in IV, they had their fair share of weight there's no denying that, but I liked that weight. Everything felt heavier, harder to move and in IV's world, (a brilliant, living, breathing, society-satirising personal playground) it only felt natural for this ambiguous weight followed Niko on his hard journey every step of the way. That I think is the reason that I love Liberty City and IV so much, everything has it's purpose, underlying or not GTA IV's take on the American Dream is so well done that even the way the cars handle adds to the overall dark and gritty atmosphere of the game.  

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

One thing I loved about GTA IV was the gunshot sounds, specially the sound of the SMG/Uzi. The gunshots had a crisp, clear and clattering sound that made the player instantly jump to attention. 

GTA IV's realistic drive handling annoyed me at first, but I got used to it and it does actually feel more realistic. I just gotta see how GTA V's driving compares for me to judge properly.

GTA IV's shooting's still great, it might not be as accurate or polished as Max Payne's or Red Dead's but it certainly comes close, lest we forget everything that Rockstar have made this generation is only here because of the innovations that IV brought to the table. 

As for your comment on the driving Redx, I really enjoyed the cars in IV, they had their fair share of weight there's no denying that, but I liked that weight. Everything felt heavier, harder to move and in IV's world, (a brilliant, living, breathing, society-satirising personal playground) it only felt natural for this ambiguous weight followed Niko on his hard journey every step of the way. That I think is the reason that I love Liberty City and IV so much, everything has it's purpose, underlying or not GTA IV's take on the American Dream is so well done that even the way the cars handle adds to the overall dark and gritty atmosphere of the game.  

I wouldn't have it any other way.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

RIP GTA IV. I went bowling with Roman one last time, he beat me of course, and then I took a dramatic drive around the city listening to See You Again by Carrie Underwood (a really sad song). I then flew around Algonquin viewing over the city for a couple minutes and then at the end of the song, I jumped out and landed in the water. GTA IV is a huge part of my childhood, I'm going to miss it.

• mikeinthahouse likes this

mikeinthahouse
  • mikeinthahouse

Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

GTA IV has served me very well over the years, that's for sure!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

No RIP for me. I'll still play IV sometime later on in the future, most likely. V will definetly top it, though. I'm playing IV right now, as it'll be my last time for a while.

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

RIP GTA IV, I will be trading you in towards Pokemon Y shortly.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

No I'm currently playing right now.

v30v.png

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

played V FOR about 10 hours now its pretty good storyline is a
quite goofy but funny though but its still no match for IV if it
stays like this IV will still easily be the best.

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

it will be better once it comes to PC its still on that sh*tty console so

Nobody likes your type.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 17 September 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Just because the shooting was somewhat slow does not make it crappy and terrible. It certainly was a massive upgrade in comparison to San Andreas due the fact that guns feel more powerful in this game than in its predecessor, and the reaction times were nonetheless acceptable if you have learnt how to shoot properly. You have to use your surroundings to gain advantage - in other words, you have to use the cover system during shootouts in order to be successful, or else you can not win. It is as simple as that.

Every time there is a discussion about the driving in IV, I always see you coming up with the argument that it was boat-like. While that is true, and nobody is going to deny that, it was not the case with all cars but only some of them. It could have been better, yes, but it was good given the fact that this was Rockstars first attempt to introduce realistic driving in GTA. They did a good job with it, they did it better than most other openworld games do even today after over half a decade. It's probably still the best game in that regard in the genre - probably even now that GTAV is out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users