Photo

RIP GTA IV

48 replies to this topic
twit
  • twit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

GTA V better in all ways! I very enjoyed playing this game. Now it is really addictive, no more stupid boring ass gameplay like in IV, Michael, Trevor and Franklin 100 way better than Ugly serbian asshole Niko.

• Gooly likes this

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

RIP. I'll pour some Ole E out for the dead homie.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

I agree. 

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Your nickname fits you perfectly. 

• Ermac. likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

V's shortcomings give a reason to still play IV.

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Your nickname fits you perfectly. 

True. 

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yawn

7csc
  • 7csc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

I agree with the R.I.P thing... just that , because Niko was an interesting character...

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

I agree with the R.I.P thing... just that , because Niko was an interesting character...

IV Will Never die
  • Michael De Santa likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

V is better in every way except for physics.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by MarijuanaMonkey, 15 September 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Although I love GTA IV and find it a revolutionary game for both GTA series and all gaming world, I agree with the R.I.P thing. Most people will forget about GTA IV because they will go hard on GTA V. To be honest, GTA IV will have a special place in my heart, maybe it will have an upper place than both GTA V and GTA San Andreas. Because Niko is my favourite character and I found him the most interesting protag ever in GTA series. Yeah all Michael, Trevor, Franklin would be cool characters but I predict none of them will be a Niko for me. Also GTA IV has a really awesome, realistic and interesting story despite the tellings that GTA IV has had a really boring story. I think GTA IV has the most realistic story ever and I really liked the lesson that explains American Dream is a big, fat scam which gives people deep bruises, at least in general. I think GTA IV is one of the most legend games in all gaming world and GTA series, so it should not be forgotten but I'm afraid it will be after GTA V hits the market and becomes common. I respect GTA V too, it will be the most sophisticated GTA game ever, having lots of contents and I'm sure it will have a great story, interesting characters but like I said GTA IV will always have a special place in my heary. R.I.P GTA IV, I will miss you. :(

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Staanko
  • Staanko

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

LOL, guess the OP is an ugly Albanian or Kosovarian.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

GTA V better in all ways!

Driving and damage....

GTA IV will never die!

Agni
  • Agni

#WeeabooPower

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:44 PM

With V having such excrable physics, IV will never die...

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Driving and damage....

GTA IV will never die!

Driving - No, GTA V doesn't drive like a boat

Damage - Yes, but that isn't a big enough reason for me to come back to GTA IV. 

GTA V is still better then IV in almost every way possible. 

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

It kinda died after i finished the lame story.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Driving and damage....

GTA IV will never die!

Considering you always bash GTA IV and rarely if ever give it a fair wrap I seriously doubt you'll play it again anyway.

GTA IV will never die to me. I'm a genuine fan. I don't care how much better GTA V is. I'll play GTA IV for as long as I still have it.

• Finite likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Driving and damage....

GTA IV will never die!

Considering you always bash GTA IV and rarely if ever give it a fair wrap I seriously doubt you'll play it again anyway.

GTA IV will never die to me. I'm a genuine fan. I don't care how much better GTA V is. I'll play GTA IV for as long as I still have it.

Nope I most likely will never play it again unless I want to play the story again or go for 100% ( Which I'm trying to get for all GTA games )

I know you had to seen some gameplays of V. I mean the controls are so smooth, there's color, city is more alive, COUNTRYSIDE, planes, and a way better AI system. 

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Also another reason to go back to GTA IV is a lot of things from it wont be carried over into GTA V. I like all of GTA IV's side missions, but it looks like not all of them will be in GTA V.

Redx: All of that should be given since it's a newer game well maybe except countryside and colour. I've said it time and time again that GTA IV didn't need countryside. Just because SA had a crappy one doesn't mean GTA IV should've and in regards to colour the game is hardly black and white ffs.

• Finite likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Nope I most likely will never play it again unless I want to play the story again or go for 100% ( Which I'm trying to get for all GTA games )

I know you had to seen some gameplays of V. I mean the controls are so smooth, there's color, city is more alive, COUNTRYSIDE, planes, and a way better AI system. 

I think that the characters, atmosphere and overarching narrative of a GTA game are by far the most important aspects, and whilst Rockstar seems to have aced everything about modern day LA, I'll still always have a strong place in my heart, and my gaming collection for Rockstar's NY-based masterpiece.

The reason for this being that while IV may not have had the content or the level of freedom or customisation seen in other GTA games, it excelled in the categories it needed to, no other GTA game has made me feel so immersed, so compelled to play and so awestruck at what was happening around me. I think you need to remember that IV was the game that introduced all of Rockstar's new gameplay mechanics, IV was a very basic, streamlined experience and as a result of that it ended up being the sharpest, and most brilliant GTA out there.

Regardless, there are plenty of reasons to keep playing IV far after V's been released, it's a brilliant game that contains one of gaming's best and unappreciated stories, and by far the best GTA protagonist to date. If you can't appreciate the game for that my friend, then I'm afraid you're really in no place to be questioning why GTA fans will still be playing this after V's release.

• Miamivicecity, Tycek and Ermac. like this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

I think that the characters, atmosphere and overarching narrative of a GTA game are by far the most important aspects, and whilst Rockstar seems to have aced everything about modern day LA, I'll still always have a strong place in my heart, and my gaming collection for Rockstar's NY-based masterpiece.

The reason for this being that while IV may not have had the content or the level of freedom or customisation seen in other GTA games, it excelled in the categories it needed to, no other GTA game has made me feel so immersed, so compelled to play and so awestruck at what was happening around me. I think you need to remember that IV was the game that introduced all of Rockstar's new gameplay mechanics, IV was a very basic, streamlined experience and as a result of that it ended up being the sharpest, and most brilliant GTA out there.

Regardless, there are plenty of reasons to keep playing IV far after V's been released, it's a brilliant game that contains one of gaming's best and unappreciated stories, and by far the best GTA protagonist to date. If you can't appreciate the game for that my friend, then I'm afraid you're really in no place to be questioning why GTA fans will still be playing this after V's release.

:^:

I'm going to play GTA IV after playing GTA V when I get it.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:33 AM Edited by nkjellman, 15 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

IV isn't going to die. You can still go back and play it, even when V is out.

When all the GTA's released, the ones before didn't die. (This is excluding the top down ones.)

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

When all the GTA's released, the ones before didn't die. (This is excluding the top down ones.)

Pretty sure they didn't "die" either. 

Seeing as you can play all three of them online right now.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'm not going to stop playing IV just because the next GTA is about to come out. There are always reasons to re-play older games, not only IV but also the 3D-era GTAs. I admit I will play these games less after I get my hands on GTAV, but that was the case with each new installment of this series. I will eventually come back, there is more than just V, be it previous or future titles.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

I'm not going to stop playing IV just because the next GTA is about to come out. There are always reasons to re-play older games, not only IV but also the 3D-era GTAs. I admit I will play these games less after I get my hands on GTAV, but that was the case with each new installment of this series. I will eventually come back, there is more than just V, be it previous or future titles.

The thing that makes this series so great is every game is unique. Hell for all SA introduced it still excluded things from GTA III and VC which make those games unique.

GTA IV will be the same. Each GTA is defined by a particular theme. I still love the post 911 NYC setting and I think Niko is simply fantastic.

Jumping on the latest game's bandwagon shouldn't be a reason to forget about the games before it IMO.

android
  • android

Moth is Invalid

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Italy
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

IV > V

Shooting, driving mechanics are trash. More people will be on GTA IV's multiplayer this week, so enjoy fellas.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:37 AM Edited by Tycek, 15 September 2013 - 08:37 AM.

I sign after MVC and Lightning Strike with all my limbs. Reading your posts brings back my faith into humanity. Keep it up. 

robisme
  • robisme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Sometimes it's nice to go back and play an old version, remembering all the fun times, I was back on GTA SA a while ago, loved going back again.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Id actually prefer to play as Niko than 3 characters all together.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

GTA V doesn't have the vehicles that stood out for me in IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users