» «
Photo

GTA V: GOTG or BUST? My opinion after watching gameplay all night. NO

86 replies to this topic
richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by richayy, 14 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Hey guys, i usually dont get the motivation to actually care about what any "negative bashing hater" wants to say on here, but i think im seeing a lot of level headed people start to get really worried about car damage and driving physics. well ive been watching multiple streams of gameplay all night, and although i myself have not played yet, ive seen a good couple hours of straight freeroam, and i assure you, it has done nothing but make my heart flutter, with pure excitement.

Lets address what needs to be addressed, Car Damage, technically you cant justify dumbing it down, because youll "keep cooler cars longer". now, everyone whos saying its comparable to Midnight club.....get real, dont judge a 256million dollar game from some sh*tty instgram clip thats filmed with a potato. ive seen next to HD crashes and im still unsure on whether the damage is dumbed down, or actually mroe realistic, because what i have noticed,  is that cars like a prius that have plastics, and cars that are 90% metal, have very different reactions when in a wreck. in one scene this guy boosted a lambo off a mountain and rolled it numerous times, the top of the car wasnt all crinkled like it was made out of aluminum foil, but still had sufficient damage all round. another guy was driving around trying to ram everything in sight with a 9F and eventually the car was more ripped apart then how they would get in IV. and instead of a flame busrting from behind the wheel, you saw a significant decrease in th ecars performance after each collision until it stalled. *i know some cars would do this in gta IV, but there was a lot more realism in the car being affected by its surroundings.*

i specifically remember when IV came out and everyone including myself, was soooo pissed at how hard breaking was and how sh*tty the ebrake recovery was. i got used to it and eventually as long as i pulled off a smoothe corner in my sabre gt, i didnt care that it wasnt like a muscle car powering through a easy drift. it was damn closer then any video game had ever provided me with. i too was scared once again when i saw the leak of the 9F just getting sideways like nothing, but after a few hours of seeing different cars and HEARING THE DIFFERENCE IN THE ENGINES, i couldnt help but rub one off to the 9F. i saw someone controlling franklin get in and take off kind of precariously, same as gtaIV, up until he held the acceleration down all the way and the car reacted how it would if you did the same thing in real life, spun tires in third, kicked the ass out almost too much, then caught the asphault on the next gear and f*cking TOOK off. cant imagine what a turbo charger would do to that effect. might of even had one already installed. i watched him drive respectable and reckless in so many different vehicles that i can confidently say that the physics are identical to IV, just way more difference between cars, a lot more power in the ones that deserve it, and alot of grip with the right balanced vehicle... suvs are still heavy and have weight to them. as with all big cars. just so much more variation in suspension and everything, people are forgetting that you can take just about any car and mod a lot of f*cking aspects. so im sure R* didnt set all cars to such similar specs like they did in IV.

enough of cars though, cause really i feel like a f*cking fool for sweating damage and physics to begin with after seeing someone fly a jet over los santos on a beautiful sunny day. draw distance? its irrelevant. the map is too f*cking big. you see everytinhg you would be able to in real life. but theres so much more you just cant see, and its not because pop up, draw distance, or graphical limitations, theres just so much f*cking world that when your in a jet 1000s of feet in the air, you still feel itsy bitsy. and everything just looks so f*cking good and real. i wish i could describe the view as well as i saw.

i guess ill describe my fave part last that i saw, because its what i did most in all GTAs ive ever played. "f*ck around with people til guns come out, then shoot it out with the pigs."

guy starts out just clocking middle age chicks with franklins sick superman haymaker, he stoned two bitches each with one punch then finally opened up on everyone in sight with a combat shotgun (typical cop shotgun) *gun effects/ gore/ and wound reaction, by the way, 24120395730697 out of 10* 

now this is where in IV there would instantly be helicopters and swat, instead, the closest cruiser, still a good 15-20 sec response was the first and only to the scene, after they were disposed of immediatley, another two cruisers pulled in and strategicllay tried to get franklin pinned, instead franklin dusted them before they could even get out of there seatbelts, with a sub machine gun that resmembled an uzi, maybe with a couple upgrades?

NOW, that a decent shootout has officially been aroused, a muscial score of  "sad ending where a desperate person is riddled with bullets begins to play",* THE GAME FORSEES THE FUTURE, I CANT DESCRIBE THE FEELING I GOT WHEN A SCORE BROKE OUT IN FREE ROAM THAT MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS DIRECTING MY OWN MULTI MILLION DOLLAR BLOCK BUSTER /jackoffrant *

after you notice the sounds you hear are actually the mix of an elegant sympathetic score and frantic beat street cops trying to figure out how best to blow your face off, franklin looks down the street both ways, and instead of a big pile of cop cars in one spot, they have kept there distance now to the end of the block, and each way is sealed off with 4 cruisers, with cops firing from behind there vehicles, franklin looks to a alley but to no avail as a cruiser comes steaming down that passageway, locking up his breaks and blocking any chance for escape, another couple seconds of desperation and franklin is finally downed and his sub machine gun fires off one last round through him as it bounces off the pavement. 

this ladies and gentlemen was more intense and satisfying then anything crazy that ever happened in IV. im serious. i saw two more epic gunfights with cops and it went similar but so very different, all i can say is LSPD finally got some training in dealing with crazy motherf*ckers with guns, and although the game will be significantly harder to get away with sh*t like that, it also creates this beautiful hole for creattivity that gamers have not yet experience. and dont forget, the search system is upgraded so you dont have to be far away to lose your wanted stars. i saw a guy dip into a parking garage a block away from where he murdered a unsuspecting cop cold blooded. drove up a few stories and parked. i was yelling at my computer calling him a f*cking retard and i was just waiting for the hordes of cruisers you could hear a few blocks away (*YES THEY DONT JUST SPAWN WHERE YOUR NOT LOOKING, YOU WATCH THEM COMING FROM FAR AWAY IF YOU WANT*) to come steaming into the garage with full force, yet, i was baffled when i just saw the indicators on his map just frantically driving around nearby streets. all the sudden, no stars and hes free to drive the same car without changing plates or worrying about cops spotting him. my hype went up substantially after this.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: CHOP

holy f*cking sh*t balls batman, we have game of the generation here.

i was again, worried chop would be one of those features i never used and hated when forced to. someone controlling franklin found chop on the map, and commanded him to follow by pressing a button, the guy ran aroudn for awhile then carjacked a lowryder to see if chop could ride in cars causually in free roam. YUP. HAD NO IDEA HOW BOSS THAT f*ckING WAS. franklin stops the car and gets out, running over to a couple corner bangers with no real affiliation rep'ed, franklin starts messing with them and all the sudden out of nowhere chop lunges at one of them and takes his throat to dinner. f*ckING INSANE. the other dude starts shooting. franklin caps him with a 9mm which sounds sooooo crisp and satisfying. little does franklin know theres a cruiser at the redlight kitty korner to him, and the officers are already out of there vehicle running ar franklin weapons drawn. before he can make any mistakes himself chop once again takes a unsuspecting cop down from his blind side, knocking him down, the other officer turns his attention to chop and opens fire, hitting him a couple times giving franklin ample oppurtunity to waste both cops. franklin and chop run to the police cruiser, franklin appears to have been hit by a bullet somewhere in that fight because theres a realistic bullet wound in his left shoulder and chop actually is dawning a couple holes himself. no worry though as they speed off in a police cruiser. just another walk around the block with a man and his best friend.

thats my synopsis. i officially cant wait untilthe 17th. this weekend will be like quitting heroin cold turkey.

• DoXz40, Troublesome86, lxr and 9 others like this

K1monster
  • K1monster

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Do u expect people to read books on here?

Most people cant even read one sentence without stating its sh*t

• Blackous666 and eee333 like this

nikobitch
  • nikobitch

The most handsome mafakah!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

:bbq:

richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

lol, no i dont expect anytihng. if someones curious and worried about the game like i was i hope they will read and enjoy this. otherwise....

INB4LOCK

• DBZMUSICBOY01 likes this

Decardo
  • Decardo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Not reading all that sh*t

• D1RTYŽ likes this

Billtom
  • Billtom

Player Hater

• Members

<---- dancing like a colored fella screaming didn't read lol

Dan McChill
  • Dan McChill

Grove Street's Keeper

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

A good read indeed. Thanks for your opinion, bro. :)

• megaessin likes this

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

Misleading title, yes it is going to be an awesome game.

Knoxogoshi
  • Knoxogoshi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

After reading all the sh*t on the forums past couple of hours I was so damn worried, my hype went to 0 and I was beginning to think Tuesday was gonna be so disappointing. Because of you and this amazing post, my hype is back up to 100 and I need a new pair of pants.

Respect to you my good sir!

• Grand Theft Auto TOM, megaessin and swagbucks like this

ItzNicka
  • ItzNicka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

I read it all and holy sh*t! It's way better than I expected!!
  • megaessin likes this

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Didn't read. Your title already explains why your topic is meaningless: 'My opinion after watching gameplaying all night'

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Nope not gna read that.

Jonny04
  • Jonny04

Playa

• Members

Glad you are hyped mate, all points you made are correct and the game is sounding amazing. 

Should be GOTY and Game of ALL TIME.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Didn't read. Your title already explains why your topic is meaningless: 'My opinion after watching gameplaying all night'

This.

Your opinion would be valid if it was about Movie of the generation.You haven't played it,your opinion counts for squat I'm afraid. 

richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

lol didnt expect the only ppl to hate on me to be the ones who didnt read trololol.

thanks guys, im glad i could help get the hype back to some of ya!

twit
  • twit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by twit, 14 September 2013 - 03:53 PM.

berneydidnotread.gif

• ReekyAlex likes this

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for a really well thought out review. Ignore the didn't read idiots who can't handle text longer than a tweet without frying their brain. I'm so looking forward to getting the game when it arrives

richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

im flattered youll take the time to comment, bump the thread, just to tell me you didnt do the same thing thousands of forum members didnt do! :)

and btw i think you guys need to look up the definition to opinion. who it matters to is subjective and irrelevant unless you read it. and sense im entitled to one i decided to post it on a forum (WHAAAA) for any educated fans to read and give there two sense. 

never said i played the game, in fact i stated otherwise first so you could take everytihng with a grain of salt. 

glad you dumped the shaker down your gullet though ;)

• mickawes likes this

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

this post is way too long... but the dude is right.. it is really great. If you don't want watch leaks, just wait the two days and see for yourself. This game is on some next level sh*t.

richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

berneydidnotread.gif

LOL. now that sh*t is funny. 

MOGGYASAURUS
  • MOGGYASAURUS

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Initially I was going to dismiss your post because I thought you were saying NO to GOTG without actually playing it, but your observations have gotten me hyped yet more (the hype never actually left me) and Tuesday can't come soon enough! LOVING the sound of the way the police appear, respond and search! I've always wanted to avoid police by stealthily hiding and watching my steps and then casually driving out with a new car like nothing happened ;-)

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

I read this and came.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by ramtastic, 14 September 2013 - 04:05 PM.

im flattered youll take the time to comment, bump the thread, just to tell me you didnt do the same thing thousands of forum members didnt do! :)

and btw i think you guys need to look up the definition to opinion. who it matters to is subjective and irrelevant unless you read it. and sense im entitled to one i decided to post it on a forum (WHAAAA) for any educated fans to read and give there two sense. 

never said i played the game, in fact i stated otherwise first so you could take everytihng with a grain of salt. 

I think most educated fans would give their 2 cents, rather than their "two sense" :/  

Generally I agree with you, but you cannot surely conclude that it will or won't be GOTG from watching a few videos online? I think that, coupled with your long-ass post is the reason people are mocking you. 

Maybe if you didn't jump to drastic conclusions without hands on experience and title the thread with an intentionally controversial title, people's backs wouldn't be up from the get-go. 

DobertReniro
  • DobertReniro

Pudding Pop.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

didntread.gif

• richayy likes this

richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

I think most educated fans would give their 2 cents, rather than their "two sense" :/  

Generally I agree with you, but you cannot surely conclude that it won't be GOTG from watching a few videos online? I think that, coupled with your long-ass post is the reason people are mocking you. 

Maybe if you didn't jump to drastic conclusions without hands on experience and title the thread with an intentionally controversial title, people's backs wouldn't be up from the get-go. 

i actually made that typo on purpose! hahahahahaha. anyway after reading this you still think i jumped to the conclusion that is wont be gotg? pretty sure the last thing i said was i think it will be the GOTG. 

and wtf is up with ppl sayignt he title is misleading? GTA: V GOTG OR BUST? MY OPINION AFTER WATCHING GAMEPLAY ALL NIGHT NO SPOILERS

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

<---- dancing like a colored fella screaming didn't read lol

Who says colored in 2013? Are you 65?
  • MagicNarcosis, richayy and Utopian Cynicism like this

richayy
  • richayy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

didntread.gif

hhahahahahahahhahahahaha

twit
  • twit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

HVNBWD5.gif

• MagicNarcosis likes this

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

Generally I agree with you, but you cannot surely conclude that it won't be GOTG from watching a few videos online? I think that, coupled with your long-ass post is the reason people are mocking you. 

i actually made that typo on purpose! hahahahahaha. anyway after reading this you still think i jumped to the conclusion that is wont be gotg? pretty sure the last thing i said was i think it will be the GOTG. 

and wtf is up with ppl sayignt he title is misleading? GTA: V GOTG OR BUST? MY OPINION AFTER WATCHING GAMEPLAY ALL NIGHT NO SPOILERS

Either you're an idiot or a troll because you know that doesn't fit in a thread title.

I also said that you cannot make a decision either way before playing it, (granted I missed it the first edit) I'm not just bashing you for a negative opinion, but you and every one else are calling the results before you've even loaded the install. 

MiraKanon
  • MiraKanon

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

I read it all, and agree 110%
  • megaessin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users