Police cars appear outta nowhere

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic
gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Wet n Ready

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

so i was watching this stream where franklin drove up mt chilliard on a dirt road on a quad bike and has 1 or 2 stars wanted level. all of the sudden, one police car appeared from the top of the mountain near the 'shed' and came speeding down the dirt road. it was unbelievable. 

seriously, this is unacceptable. havent R* learned not to randomly spawn police cars outta nowhere? 

• mufc786 and pilscy like this

K1monster
  • K1monster

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Stupid threads appear outta nowhere too

everyone is used to it

• visionist, solofme, adictoGTA and 1 other like this

AmoebaJuice
  • AmoebaJuice

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Why is this a problem again?

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

They Always appear out of no where.

in every game.

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

good. Get good and it wont be a problem

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

To be fair, a cop car just appearing for one star up at the top of the mountain is pretty dumb. I'm sure R* said in an interview that cops randomly spawning in front of you was a thing of the past.

• thun3r and PrideofofCucamonga like this

thun3r
  • thun3r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by thun3r, 14 September 2013 - 03:21 PM.

so i was watching this stream where franklin drove up mt chilliard on a dirt road on a quad bike and has 1 or 2 stars wanted level. all of the sudden, one police car appeared from the top of the mountain near the 'shed' and came speeding down the dirt road. it was unbelievable. 

seriously, this is unacceptable. havent R* learned not to randomly spawn police cars outta nowhere?

Don't even try on this forum. No one is going to disagree with R*. Whether an R* game or not I am sick of all of these enemy spawns that don't make any sense. I have not played GTAV but this happens in way to many games. Most of the time is in the form of turning around for a second and then finding four people that could not have had the time to run up behind you from anywhere that would make sense.

Paaldanzen Danzma
  • Paaldanzen Danzma

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Cancelling pre-order

• visionist likes this

FruitLoop
  • FruitLoop

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

How do you know there weren't police up there?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Police has always appeared out of nowhere in GTA... Damn in SA you even saw cops spawning on top of places and falling down on you, IV also had cops spawning in stupid places from time to time, it's part of the AI. Plus this is GTA, not real life.

Bonaldo
  • Bonaldo

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

f*ck that sh*t

That does it, i'm cancelling my preorder and throwing my PS3 out the window

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by NYdreamz, 14 September 2013 - 03:26 PM.

lmaooooooooo i heard too many dumb things about gta 5 so far... i gotta see this 4 myself

i understand cops have been spawning outta nowhere for years... but spawning on top of mountains is like spawning a cop car on top of the tallest building in LS .. thats going waay too far

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

I thought this was supposed to be fixed according to Rockstar the police should take much longer in rural areas till they get to you.

theotherMittens
  • theotherMittens

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

i would just assume he wa  on patrol in the area, no problem

mufc786
  • mufc786

GTA V Addict

• Members

yup saw that one too a bit shocking considering it wasn't a police rancher or anything looked more like a city police car and there were 2 as well!

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

everyone is used to it

Please, STFU and don't ever show yourself up in a thread ever again, stupid trolls thinking high of themselves. 

freemind990
  • freemind990

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Xbox version is really messed up , my ps3 copy has some bugs but nothing to worry about, I haven't seen any of this 

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

PM me the link please.

toybasher
  • toybasher

Cute Anthromorphic Skunk

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by toybasher, 14 September 2013 - 03:34 PM.

They do appear out of nowhere in 4, too.

Pretty much every GTA game has it that way.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

So.... you'd like R* to implement a patrolling cop AI that has a regional base and constantly has a patrol route on the map. That AI then travels from their routine patrols or their station to the last known whereabouts of a criminal? You're asking for no spawning on current gen tech?  

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Also when driving into country or city the cars associated with that area are very repetitive.

There only seems to be like 3 or 4 cars varied in different paint jobs.

mufc786
  • mufc786

GTA V Addict

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

So.... you'd like R* to implement a patrolling cop AI that has a regional base and constantly has a patrol route on the map. That AI then travels from their routine patrols or their station to the last known whereabouts of a criminal? You're asking for no spawning on current gen tech?  

No you moron, just that rockstar should prevent police cars spawning on roads with dead ends and at the top of mountains where the dirt road is too narrow and steep for a 2 cop cars to be "patrolling" there

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'll bite on this one. Can you remember what happened when you went up Mt Chilliad with a wanted level on GTA SA?

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

No you moron, just that rockstar should prevent police cars spawning on roads with dead ends and at the top of mountains where the dirt road is too narrow and steep for a 2 cop cars to be "patrolling" there

Let's say GTA V represents real life on a 8 year old technology. Does that mean no police car is allowed to travel down a dead end roads?

DrProfessor
  • DrProfessor

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

You're all missing something important here...I won't spoil it-But what do you think's hidden in the huge "shed" on top of the mountain? If you don't know what I'm talking about, have a look at the gameplay trailer where it shows the top of MT. Chilliad.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Lol, where would you limit their spawns to then? Just highways?  If i recall correctly, there was an interview saying that the spawning would always take place off-screen, so you wouldn't see them just "appear". Now if you're outrunning the police by driving up a 'kin mountain, you can't say seeing a cop car there breaks the realism :D

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

You're all missing something important here...I won't spoil it-But what do you think's hidden in the huge "shed" on top of the mountain? If you don't know what I'm talking about, have a look at the gameplay trailer where it shows the top of MT. Chilliad.

It is a gondula station on top of the mountain. You'll find a parachute and a collectible there (scrap)

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

everyone is used to it

f*ck YOU FANBOY!!

trevorthebadass
  • trevorthebadass

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

how do u know the 2 cops wernt at the top of the mountain partaking in the medical marijuana that is legal in LS?

rqalibaba
  • rqalibaba

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Cops appear out of nowhere IRL there is your realism. 

• Whiskey Ninja, handoverfist and trevorthebadass like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users