Photo

Mountain Textures

8 replies to this topic
Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Some people have been saying they don't look very good. Can anyone who has played the game tell me what they're like. Still picking up the game regardless, but would love the mountain textures to be prettier than what some people are saying they are like.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

I watched 3 hours of game play last night and I didn't see anything wrong with the mountains........

Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

I watched 3 hours of game play last night and I didn't see anything wrong with the mountains........

Thanks for the reply :) That's good to know. Some people are saying they're fine, then a few are saying they look plain and awful. Not massive for me, as I know I'll still get the game and love it.

AmoebaJuice
  • AmoebaJuice

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the reply :) That's good to know. Some people are saying they're fine, then a few are saying they look plain and awful. Not massive for me, as I know I'll still get the game and love it.

The people saying the textures are bad don't realize that their disc drives are dying and are failing to load the textures.

Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

The people saying the textures are bad don't realize that their disc drives are dying and are failing to load the textures.

Haha :D

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by carnage., 14 September 2013 - 03:22 PM.

They look fine, they are just empty. I seen a vid with Michael riding a mountain bike on a, I guess i can say small mountain, and all I seen was a few small shrubs, grass, and a couple coyotes or wolves or something, and when he rode his bike down the mountain there was almost no physics in play. It looked like San Andreas, he made it down with ease. It looked like he was riding down a ramp. That's the only thing I didn't like in the game so far, It looks super fun tho.

Keep in mind though, that was only a smaller mountain. I haven't seen anything else related to mountains.

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

The textures on the mountains look like sh*t and mount chilliad and other mountains look empty.the base have some trees.but top of the mountain they look so empty and the tracks they are very small.how people race in so small track?there is no decent sized road to the big mountains.in gta san andreas you can get a big oil truck to the top of the mount chilliad.

lunishidd
  • lunishidd

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Some people have been saying they don't look very good. Can anyone who has played the game tell me what they're like. Still picking up the game regardless, but would love the mountain textures to be prettier than what some people are saying they are like.

The countryside textures are fairly low res and stretched. There is also a lack of grass which doesn't help either. Rockstar just had to make some sacrifices to create a bigger map on such old haldware.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

People who are saying it looks bad have probably been watching to much watch dogs gameplay, don't worry about it. I'm sure it's great. :)
  • AmoebaJuice and pikachu2g like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users