Photo

What Your Amazon GTA5 shipping status

168 replies to this topic
QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

As I'm familiar with the shipping process (been purchasing from Amazon since 2001), mine is in the "shipping" phase, which doesn't necessarily mean that it's left the facility. Being that my package is the next state over, it'll ship this evening (usually around nine or ten) and arrive at the local UPS sorting facility around four or five and leave on a vehicle for delivery around eight in the morning. It should, by all intents and purposes, arrive somewhere between one and four in the afternoon.

Fingers crossed.

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Why GTA5 Amazon US not tracking It stil shipping now since 6:00 AM in the morning 

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Mine just updated not more than 15 minutes ago, so now I have an actual tracking number with UPS. It apparently left Chattanooga at around noon, so it's definitely at my local UPS center by now(again, hour and 30 minute drive). I'm just glad that it's on the move at least.

zzmorg82
  • zzmorg82

In the moment.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

As I'm familiar with the shipping process (been purchasing from Amazon since 2001), mine is in the "shipping" phase, which doesn't necessarily mean that it's left the facility. Being that my package is the next state over, it'll ship this evening (usually around nine or ten) and arrive at the local UPS sorting facility around four or five and leave on a vehicle for delivery around eight in the morning. It should, by all intents and purposes, arrive somewhere between one and four in the afternoon.

Fingers crossed.

This is how mine will probably work out, but I should get my package around 10AM tomorrow morning, hopefully.

Spoiler

• QuietSundayLibrary likes this

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Fingers crossed.

This is how mine will probably work out, but I should get my package around 10AM tomorrow morning, hopefully.

Spoiler

That's usually how it pans out for myself, as well! Due to the popularity and high demand for the game, my guess is that it'll be delayed a few hours due to the sheer number of deliveries. It was the same way with GTA IV -- didn't get our copy until four that afternoon.

mike-commander
  • mike-commander

LSSM- Commissioner

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Shipped and currently at a UPS carrier facility in a town 15 to 20 minutes away from me. Estimated delivery is September 17th, but Amazon always delivers early for me.

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

"That's what's up", as the youth sometimes proclaim.

Winston Smith
  • Winston Smith

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Still not shipped.  However, I have a guaranteed delivery date of....tomorrow. :)

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

East Coast got the worst shipping 

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well, mine seems to have shipped, though the tracking number isn't yet working. It states, currently, that it should arrive tomorrow prior to 4:30 PM....but we shall see. My strategy guide, for some peculiar reason, is still "shipping now", so I'm wondering if it's coming via a different carrier, as both should have shipped together?

downthrough
  • downthrough

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

My SE just shipped. i live in the northwest a few hours from Seattle and although the tracking on my order says it will be delivered on the 18th i just spoke to an amazon representative who assured me that it will indeed arrive tomorrow. If It doesnt' heads will roll :rampage:

Tsar_Smirnoff
  • Tsar_Smirnoff

Daft Suburbanite

• The Connection

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I just noticed that my estimated delivery date is the 18th by 8:00 p.m. I'm not going to go ballistic yet though because today's not the 17th and like someone else said, it might not mean anything at this point. But goddamn, I could walk to the UPS center 20 miles away in that amount of time and pick it up personally. Anyway, just getting antsy seeing all the guys across the world with their copy.

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

My SE just shipped. i live in the northwest a few hours from Seattle and although the tracking on my order says it will be delivered on the 18th i just spoke to an amazon representative who assured me that it will indeed arrive tomorrow. If It doesnt' heads will roll :rampage:

I've spoken to several representatives about this (as I have the same problem, even started a thread on it this morning) and have been given wildly conflicting reports. 

First three calls, they are so sorry. Shipping is now free, and I receive $15 dollars of store credit (this stands whether or not I receive the game late at this point). 

Then, the fourth guy I speak to (via chat), assures me that I should disregard the Estimated Delivery Date of the 18th, and that I will receive my copy on the 17th. 

However, the fifth person I spoke to (via telephone), only reassured me I would receive my package on the 17th until I finally convinced her to take a look at my tracking information, whereupon she corrected herself and said that it is very likely I will receive it on the 18th. 

I then got a follow up e-mail from the guy I spoke to via chat (the fourth guy I spoke to), who once again reassured me that my order will arrive on the 17th, and that I should disregard UPS's currently estimated delivery date. 

So, I am totally lost right now. I don't know what to think. I have no idea if any of these guys have any idea what's going on, and which person to trust and which person to distrust. Or whether I should trust any of them. 

Point is, get a second opinion. None of us here need false hope. 

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

How do we know when the latest time for delivery will be? Example, by 4 pm

MistaD
  • MistaD

Five-(uh)Oh

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

Got a tracking number late last night and was told by amazon that the estimated delivery was 9/17 by 8PM. I checked on it an hour ago (4PM), and all it said was "9/15/13 order processed, ready for UPS."

Just checked it again (5PM) and it says it's in Dallas, TX at 17:00 hours, which is only about 3 hours away. It will probably be delivered here tomorrow afternoon between 12:00 and 4:00.

Good luck to everyone!

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Expected delivery: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, by 8:00pm

Sigh.. what's going on Amazon? :(

Jambarino
  • Jambarino

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by Jambarino, 16 September 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Mine shipped at 245 pm today and is only two hours away.I live in SC.Regular edition ps3.I will receive it tomorrow barring disaster.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

OOHOcUJ.jpg
looks like I'll be waiting all day :/
god damn it!!

Johnayx
  • Johnayx

WWE Fan/YouTuber (WrastlinJohnny)

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Jeez, it's 7pm and my order it stilll listed as "Shipping now" from this morning, expected is still for tomorrow... it better come

QuietSundayLibrary
  • QuietSundayLibrary

Abide by God's Glory

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

OOHOcUJ.jpg
looks like I'll be waiting all day :/
god damn it!!

Story of my life. This makes me nervous indeed....

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

Jeez, it's 7pm and my order it stilll listed as "Shipping now" from this morning, expected is still for tomorrow... it better come

Same here

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by 5HT2a, 16 September 2013 - 11:13 PM.

Still this:

In Transit : On Schedule

Expected delivery: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, by 8:00pm

And this:

Date Time Location Event Details September 16, 2013 02:23:54 AM Columbia SC US Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier 
It's been "In transit to carrier" since 2:00 in the goddamn morning. These guys told me my time should update to the 17th, but it has been 6 hours since then. 

Winston Smith
  • Winston Smith

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Same here

Shipping info, tracking info usually isn't updated until the evening/overnight hours.  Don't panic. :) 

takeral
  • takeral

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

When I go to the "track your package" page on Amazon it says "Expected delivery: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, by 8:00pm"

However in the "Order Summary" page the expected date is September 17. 

What do I believe? 

TheTeaRex
  • TheTeaRex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

DELIVERY ESTIMATE WEDNESDAY 18 SEP 2013
Dispatched

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Same here

Shipping info, tracking info usually isn't updated until the evening/overnight hours.  Don't panic. :)

Yeah, it also says on the order status page

"We've started preparing your shipment for delivery and it should leave our facility in the next few hours to a few days. We'll send you an e-mail once your order has shipped. The length of time your shipment spends in this status does not impact your delivery date."

So i'm not worried :D

• Winston Smith likes this

jums300
  • jums300

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

Who's shipping status changed from "Shipping Now" to this?:  LrzlWb7.png?1

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

When I go to the "track your package" page on Amazon it says "Expected delivery: Wednesday, September 18, 2013, by 8:00pm"

However in the "Order Summary" page the expected date is September 17. 

What do I believe? 

mine was doing that earlier today, then they updated the shipping info once it got from chattanooga, tn to jacksonville, fl and it was set for delivery tomorrow.

zzmorg82
  • zzmorg82

In the moment.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

OyJnAGx.png

Whew. Finally! :cool:

downthrough
  • downthrough

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by downthrough, 16 September 2013 - 11:29 PM.

I've spoken to several representatives about this (as I have the same problem, even started a thread on it this morning) and have been given wildly conflicting reports. 

First three calls, they are so sorry. Shipping is now free, and I receive $15 dollars of store credit (this stands whether or not I receive the game late at this point). 

Then, the fourth guy I speak to (via chat), assures me that I should disregard the Estimated Delivery Date of the 18th, and that I will receive my copy on the 17th. 

However, the fifth person I spoke to (via telephone), only reassured me I would receive my package on the 17th until I finally convinced her to take a look at my tracking information, whereupon she corrected herself and said that it is very likely I will receive it on the 18th. 

I then got a follow up e-mail from the guy I spoke to via chat (the fourth guy I spoke to), who once again reassured me that my order will arrive on the 17th, and that I should disregard UPS's currently estimated delivery date. 

So, I am totally lost right now. I don't know what to think. I have no idea if any of these guys have any idea what's going on, and which person to trust and which person to distrust. Or whether I should trust any of them. 

Point is, get a second opinion. None of us here need false hope. 

just got this email from the customer service rep i spoke to:

Greetings from Amazon.com 

Your order was shipped through UPS and we estimate that it will be delivered by Tuesday, September 17, 2013. 

The delivery estimate is calculated based on a few different things, including the location of the inventory of Grand Theft Auto V (Special Edition)  the delivery address, and how quickly we can put your order together and get it to UPS.  On the basis of shipping status , I can confirm that you will receive this shipment tomorrow Tuesday, September 17, 2013.  by end of day. 

When your order does arrive, there's no need to contact us. However, if you haven't received it by Tuesday, September 17, 2013, please let us know through the link below and we'll be happy to get a refund  or replacement for you. 

----------------

Hope Hes Right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users