Seriously, what the hell is going on?

80 replies to this topic
Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

One of the big problems right now it people are heavily analysing gameplay etc without playing it. What pushes your buttons while watching a game is different to what it's like to play. If people were playing the game, they wouldn't be on here commenting, they'd be playing it and having fun. But instead it's just hardcore analysis of gameplay, every little flaw is available to be seen and analysed. You haven't got the fun factor of actually playing the game to distract you from the flaws.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

It's just the nature of the internet. Any person, no matter how young, stupid, ungrateful etc. can force their opinions on other people, even if they make no sense.

I think a lot of the good posters hit the road in fear of having something spoiled. I really wouldn't worry about it. In reality there is going to be one person that doesn't like the game to every thousand that do, it's just a lot "cooler" to post negative comments than positive ones.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I mean before the leaks, this place was paradise.

Annnnnnd I stopped reading.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

It's just the nature of the internet. Any person, no matter how young, stupid, ungrateful etc. can force their opinions on other people, even if they make no sense.

I think a lot of the good posters hit the road in fear of having something spoiled. I really wouldn't worry about it. In reality there is going to be one person that doesn't like the game to every thousand that do, it's just a lot "cooler" to post negative comments than positive ones.

The worst part about it is when they keep complaining about it expecting sh*t to change after the game's gone gold. The forum really feels like a wasteland now, but I can't wait for after 17th... it's gonna be really interesting in here.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Informed criticism is good, but there hasn't been any of that here. Just a lot of armchair video game developing and hyperbolic raving based on secondhand sources.

Fatat18
  • Fatat18

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Marry me ! XD

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Basically, we're all pissed we don't have it yet while pirates, thieves and lucky bastards got early from dopey postal workers and ill-gotten means.  While the rest of us have to wait.  So people are just lashing out.

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Totally agree with you OP. I am so hyped and ready for this game, but the atmosphere on this forum is just horrible. It's like the fanbase has been completely split in half, pinned against each other. One half likes the changes and is pumped, the other half is extremely disappointed with handling/physics and absolutely hates it. This place has largely been the battleground for these two groups to slug it out and the hostility on these forums is at all-time high since my two years of being here. I really hope it calms down after the game releases, because while this community has never been completely unified, it was never even close to being like this.

It's the GTA IV days all over again.

Was it this bad, Miami? I wasn't around here during the GTA IV release but I know some people were disappointed when it came out and others probably loved it.

Oh i was here during IV, it was atrocious. Most of the complaints came from newbies too, who only signed up to complain and whine, all before the official release date. 

trenken
  • trenken

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Oh boy. Its a videogame dude. Its just a toy. Does any game really need a post that long? People are seriously so bored and take this stuff WAY too seriously. Gamers are embarrassing.

Rooster1983
  • Rooster1983

10-30

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

This man speaks the truth. Bring back the paradise!

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Oh boy. Its a videogame dude. Its just a toy. Does any game really need a post that long? People are seriously so bored and take this stuff WAY too seriously. Gamers are embarrassing.

It's not so much about the videogame that I am concerned about, but rather what the atmosphere of the forums itself has become since the leaks came out.

At the moment, it seems like there are more positive threads now. That's a good sign :)

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

People have the idea that this forum is the complaint department. It's actually a place for people who like the game to come and discuss it.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Okay, I've been staying on the forums for quite a bit and ever since leaked gameplay started to spread around like wildfire, the GTA V forum sub-category has transformed from an optimistic, ultra-hype area full of excitement and faith, into a cesspit of dreadful remarks, negativity and honestly, painful criticism towards the game.

I mean before the leaks, this place was paradise. People were excited beyond measure, you could feel it. The mapping thread in particular kept us on our toes and having hopes towards GTA V being the most ambitious game Rockstar has made to date. And then what happened afterwards? This forum turned from a wide smile into an unforgiving frown. People began criticizing the game (hard, in some cases) for it's "lack of Pedestrians" , "lack of traffic" , "sucky driving" , "poor physics" , "people are like walls" , "no gambling" , "map is boring" , "countryside is barren". The amazing abundance of these threads made me feel like the game is really being turned down, even though most of us here still love the game. But there are so many people who have focused on the negative side of the game than the positive. Pedestrians have more realistic reactions and behavior, the graphics and lighting and weather effects are phenomenal, heck you can even ride the damn rollercoaster at the pier. Why are these positive threads so dilute now?

And I've observed the most likely reason why people are getting so upset with the game. You guys had too high expectations. It was so evident ever since the first trailer came out. People were complaining that the map was too small, the city was too small, there shouldve been more towns, there should be realistic steak blah blah blah. You have to understand that Rockstar spent 266 million dollars on hardware that we can now safely say is obsolete today. They should deserve the credit they were due for pulling off such an ambition.

I personally, am nothing short of impressed and in disbelief of the world of GTA V. It is evident that Rockstar really put in their best to satisfy all of us gamers. I know that there are a lot of you who do love the game despite some "setbacks", and I think you are the most awesome fans of the series.

So to conclude, can we just bring back the optimism of the forums? This game will be awesome I assure you, just stop being so butthurt over the "negative" aspects of the game that you've so expertly spotted. 

Your post is correct in every point you've made.

People need to realise the detail is there, you can't see it on blurry instagram. I mean they are moaning about no gambling, it is probably in, we haven't seen it yet as its probably not usable until later. 

They haven't seen it for the simple reason perhaps that no one has went there yet. 

They were also saying no

Spoiler
yet they are CONFIRMED flyable. 

The game's ambition is amazing, put simply it is the greatest game ever made, and no one should even need to play it to know that. They've seen it through trailers, official gameplay videos, screenshots, and now for some reason they have went crazy looking at the leaks.

They will take it all back when they play it. There is a few HD videos about, they show off the game correctly and its not lacking anything. The map is massive, scale is correct. Maze Bank Arena is truly massive, yet doesn't look that big due to scale from the screenshots and videos, they will see this when they play it.

Can't wait until Monday when my copy arrives.

Since when are

Spoiler
flyable? I have only seen
Spoiler
flown when it comes to larger aircraft.

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

People are being stupid because they analyse gameplay by just watching leaks and without getting their own hands on controller. Over hyping can destroy people's opinions and everything.

AmoebaJuice
  • AmoebaJuice

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by AmoebaJuice, 14 September 2013 - 03:08 PM.

You do realize that this forum is an extremely tiny minority right? This doesn't even represent 1 percent of the total fanbase... also you should have seen the complaints when GTA 4 first came out, it was 10 times worse than what you are seeing now.

I also find it funny that nobody is mentioning the story of the game at all, but whining about bullsh*t that doesn't even matter.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Since when are

Spoiler
flyable? I have only seen
Spoiler
flown when it comes to larger aircraft.

It was in one of the gameplay leaks

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

I thought IV was a masterpiece, I'll be okay when I get V.

TheWarzoneXL
  • TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

The same people criticizing GTA V are just mad that CJ's house isn't in the game. 

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Everything I have seen so far has been mindblowing... and I think it's mostly people that have just seen some snippets that are whining, not people that actually played it. I watch a couple of russian streams that were smooth and good quality. Once you see the whole thing you can only be impressed. It does look as good as the trailers and screenshots promised, often better. The countryside at dusk is just beautiful. It's not a next gen game but pretty damn close... it definitely outshines anything Ubisoft can do on current gen. Watch Dogs on ps4 is going to look more advanced, but not prettier than driving into Los Santos at sundown or standing on top of Mt Chilliad. 

It has a level of environment detail and polish approaching Max Payne 3, and you can expect a similarly smooth presentation, the way it goes from cutscenes to gameplay and back is seamless and it definitely looks a step up from Red Dead. I've seen a lot of countryside gameplay and it's far from an empty wasteland, tons of incidental situational detail everywhere and really grand how everything fits and makes sense. Very few glitches, framerate is super steady and that helps to make everything on screen look really solid. The animation is amazing, very lifelike. It's not LA Noire but the facial animation is pretty expressive so the characters are really convincing as people. 

Trevor is just awesome, funny as hell and truly a psycho.. he's definitely going to stir up some controversy. Michael is also more comedic than I imagined. Franklin is indeed the cool, grounded character. The missions I watched were a definite step up from IV, way more cinematic and varied. Shootouts are deliciously chaotic, and you often have team members with you. Missions are longer and more elaborate. And tougher. You die really quick, two three shots and you're wasted so you're gonna have to use every advantage the game gives you. They have more storylines and scripted sequences weaved in, but seem more open-ended in how you approach them. The guy I watched playing was kind of mindlessly running through them and dying a lot, but stealth definitely looked like a viable option. I'm really happy with that.. both IV and RDR were too easy, great games but I blazed right through them without them really forcing me to get creative or rethink my approach. V is going to do that. 

In short, it is every bit the game that it was promised to be and what most (reasonable) people here expected. The controversy are just trolls... and, remember how when IV came out everybody hated the driving (#FACT). Now it's all of a sudden the holy grail? Screw them. If you're disappointed with this game you have some screws loose, and I do mean that. 

I had very high expectations for this game, and now that I've actually seen it.. they're blown out of the water. And I ain't seen sh*t yet. Haven't seen underwater, have seen very little of Los Santos, haven't seen the phone, only a couple of missions from the start of the game and the tail-end of 1 heist (awesome!!) and the people I watched were pretty bad at it. This game wants to be played well, by me.. come to daddy. 

Yo_L
  • Yo_L

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

Personally, the game looks f*ckin awesome and I will enjoy playing the sh*t out of it.  A lot of people expected perfection, and that, in anything, is entirely unachievable.  My only fear is with all this negativity floating around, R* actually tweaks the game and changes something just to satisfy a bunch of whiny, butthurt children.  Rockstar did say they will keep a close eye on all the feedback and adjust the game accordingly.  The biggest thing people forget, is that there's a whole multiplayer experience they haven't tried yet and also Rockstar will expand on this game(a lot I feel).  It's not like the games out and that's it, that's all you're gonna get.  Worst part is most of these whiners haven't even played it yet.  Then they want other people to join them in their misery because they're disappointed.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

If someone sees a video of a bear coming out of the woods, couldn't they form a decent opinion about what they saw? Some fan boy nerds think that it's only credible if you are standing there in person to see it. And when anyone talks about bear coming out of woods, the nerd R* nut swingers go into full nerd rage. Constuctive critsism is good. The lack of that is the reason the game was shipped with lame vehicle deformation physics--R* surrounded themselves with a bunch of "YES' people. I know what I've seen. The game looks great, but car deformation is weak and it should at least be on par with IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users