Seriously, what the hell is going on?

80 replies to this topic
golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Totally agree with you OP. I am so hyped and ready for this game, but the atmosphere on this forum is just horrible. It's like the fanbase has been completely split in half, pinned against each other. One half likes the changes and is pumped, the other half is extremely disappointed with handling/physics and absolutely hates it. This place has largely been the battleground for these two groups to slug it out and the hostility on these forums is at all-time high since my two years of being here. I really hope it calms down after the game releases, because while this community has never been completely unified, it was never even close to being like this.

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

Completely agree. The threads and comments since Wednesday have been dreadful lol People sayin they would cancel their pre orders cause of some sh*tty looking video's. Wish I could reach through this screen and slap em.

tumblr_mgqwh62cWu1rafjifo1_400.gif

Gajick
  • Gajick

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:13 PM Edited by Gajick, 14 September 2013 - 01:13 PM.

Yes I would respect any opinion on these forums, it's filled with enough of them

Panerama
  • Panerama

Keelah se'lai

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

to OP: You are the first person for quite a while to who I say: You are 110% correct! congrats :D

to the people who say OP's text is "too long" etc: wtsf? In what kind of world do we live in where a text like this, wich takes like 2 minutes MAX to read is considered "too long"? Are people really this lazy nowadays? wow

I Luke
  • I Luke

UGHH..

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm sorry but the crash physics should at least be on par with IV or better, not MCLA. That's almost a game breaker for me. Almost. It's not unrealistic expectations, or being a little kid/spoiled brat--things like car deformation has always gotten better with each GTA. I've watched it from GTA 1 to now and know how it's evolved. Two steps back in that area is beyond unacceptable. I'm gonna play the game til my eyes bleed, that you can count on. I, like many will be back a few days after I have it to give my opinion on it. As a hard core, long time fan, I'll have some opinions about it.

On par with IV? It was terrible.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Totally agree with you OP. I am so hyped and ready for this game, but the atmosphere on this forum is just horrible. It's like the fanbase has been completely split in half, pinned against each other. One half likes the changes and is pumped, the other half is extremely disappointed with handling/physics and absolutely hates it. This place has largely been the battleground for these two groups to slug it out and the hostility on these forums is at all-time high since my two years of being here. I really hope it calms down after the game releases, because while this community has never been completely unified, it was never even close to being like this.

It's the GTA IV days all over again.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

It's called having an opinion. If you don't like criticism then don't come here.

And I'm merely stating my opinion as well regarding how this forum has turned into a misunderstood mess.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Bravo OP. I detect much sense in your post.

ArielWinter
  • ArielWinter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Couldn't agree more with the OP.

Well said.

Martin Madrazo
  • Martin Madrazo

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Some reacties are just depressing.

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Well, I agree on most points but one...the forum wasn't a big smile before. It was a bunch of the same idiots acting smart and cool. There are only very few people who are not total dicks in here. 

For now I can agree with you, OP. Though I'll most likely have to wait until Monday/Tuesday like everyone else I think 90% of the hating around here comes from people who have not played the game themselves. Some of them might not even have watched any gameplay. 

Even is some points are true and if the car handling doesn't meet my expacations it will still be the most awesome gaming experience I've had in YEARS. That this game wouldn't be perfect is not a surprise. GTA VI won't be perfect as well. There is no such thing as perfection in games. But I think GTA V will be the closest we'll get for some time. 

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:21 PM Edited by golf wang, 14 September 2013 - 01:22 PM.

It's the GTA IV days all over again.

Was it this bad, Miami? I wasn't around here during the GTA IV release but I know some people were disappointed when it came out and others probably loved it.

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

Completely agree OP, I mean where the f*ck has everyone actually gone? I think this is a different website...

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Well, I agree on most points but one...the forum wasn't a big smile before. It was a bunch of the same idiots acting smart and cool. There are only very few people who are not total dicks in here. 

For now I can agree with you, OP. Though I'll most likely have to wait until Monday/Tuesday like everyone else I think 90% of the hating around here comes from people who have not played the game themselves. Some of them might not even have watched any gameplay. 

Even is some points are true and if the car handling doesn't meet my expacations it will still be the most awesome gaming experience I've had in YEARS. That this game wouldn't be perfect is not a surprise. GTA VI won't be perfect as well. There is no such thing as perfection in games. But I think GTA V will be the closest we'll get for some time. 

I agree with you fully. No game is perfect and GTA V can't certainly be 100% satisfactory especially when working on obsolete hardware. But from what I've seen with GTA V, how Rockstar somehow made a deal with the devil to deliver a sheer and unbelievable amount of detail and content in the game, not to mention how they nailed Los Santos' similarity to Los Angeles, -- all that makes me much more excited about what Rockstar can deliver with next-gen. It's absolutely mind-blowing.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

Completely agree OP, I mean where the f*ck has everyone actually gone? I think this is a different website...

It certainly feels the website has transitioned from this

balloons-colors-globes-happy-party-Favim

to this

fallout-3-20070629081834497-000.jpg

LadyFondou
  • LadyFondou

High-Life

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

Yo,

This is the forums. We can talk about what we please.

Also,

It was never "too high expectations"
It's basic features that should be where they are.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

Pre Teens and Teens....

These kiddies hyper focus on one subject. create this fantasized reality that doesn't exist. They find out it REALLY doesn't exist.. Then they are heartbroken......

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

I just wish people would understand that it's impossible to make something that everyone agrees is 100% perfect. With that in mind, we could have posts such as "I'd prefer the handling to be a bit looser" rather than "OMG THE DRIVING SUKZZZ THEY SHUD MAKE IT LIKE IV", because the chances are, the devs at Rockstar know a hell of a lot more about managing a physics engine than these guys. Hell, they've made one of the greatest games of all time*, while all the pinnacle of your coding history is manually writing a http:\\ address in the search bar. 

It's fine to have an opinion, that's what forums are for, but remember who knows about building complex games.

*Probably

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Had a chance to watch the game live from a firend along with a few missions. Looks much better than most of the leaks people have been posting. The mechanics all looked new and realistic while the mission felt like classic Vice City/San Andreas style missions.

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yo,

Also,

You can't talk about whatever the f*ck you want, this is a GTA fan forum for GTA fans, not f*cking c*nts who think making a videogame this big on these consoles is easy.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Some people are never happy, Why you ask?

Because they're retarded.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yo,

Also,

You can't talk about whatever the f*ck you want, this is a GTA fan forum for GTA fans, not f*cking c*nts who think making a videogame this big on these consoles is easy.

Wrong. GTAF is for everyone that have GTA, is fan of it or future fan. Forum is here for everyone that has something to say about GTA. Even what he doesn't like. If you don't like it, then you can also leave and never come back here.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:57 PM Edited by zombie elvis, 14 September 2013 - 01:57 PM.

This place was paradise?   No I don't think so.   The mapping thread was good natured most of the time but there was a lot of unpleasantness under the surface, people being shouted down for making perfectly fine topics, a lot of hints that things would get worse the more info people got, because people have been acting like idiots about the slightest negatively percieved rumours for months and months.

spoiltkid766
  • spoiltkid766

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

meh 

SN95_Schpecter
  • SN95_Schpecter

Dogs Logs

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

OP: Amen, brother. People are judging something they haven't even touched yet. As for the map being too small... are you cracked, people!? The map is enormous and I have no doubt that it's absolutely gorgeous and full of life. I, for one, can't wait for this weekend to be over lol. Must. Get. MY COPY.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

OP: Amen, brother. People are judging something they haven't even touched yet. As for the map being too small... are you cracked, people!? The map is enormous and I have no doubt that it's absolutely gorgeous and full of life. I, for one, can't wait for this weekend to be over lol. Must. Get. MY COPY.

I know right?! Even I thought the city was too small but when I saw the live streams, I was literally thrown back. The length of the roads to the sheer size of city blocks make the city feel huge as hell! Not to mention the freeways

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Very well said, OP.

Bertanius
  • Bertanius

Classic car fan

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

This will always happen, many think Rockstar personally made the game exactly to their taste, but they don't realise Rockstar made it themselves. It will be like GTA IV, an amazing game, but so many criticise and hate it because one thing wasn't right... I won't get to play GTA V until next year (PC version), but by then will many users still be complaining about how "bad" that one feature was? To me, the attention to detail is incredible, sure, maybe something was a bit off, but Rockstar don't go a for a few levels of depth even for small things, they go beyond that and make even small things detailed, which many haven't noticed and jump straight onto assuming the game is terrible. I guess many want attention too, so that's why they criticise it...

I wonder how long this will last? Will users actually realise the amount of effort put into this game? It's true these forums have turned upside down, all I see are threads complaining about that one feature. Sure I'm fine with users having an opinion, but these threads aren't opinions, they're trying to force them as facts, and assume whatever they're saying is right, and because one user saw a 10 second clip of driving, they jump to the conclusion that driving is a failed feature, even though they've never played the game themselves. They don't stop to think "I'm not too fond of how they changed/made this mechanic, but that's my opinion, I will tell others about my thoughts in a respectable manner, but not say it's the worst GTA game ever just because I don't agree on this one feature".

Maybe they will stop and realise what they said was wrong, but I don't get it, a game they waited years for, getting hyped up so much about it, and when that day finally comes, they hate it and act like Rockstar lied and never made "the best GTA game to date". I think the best we can do is ignore it, they can criticise as much as they want, it won't change my opinion, I'm not going to follow others and say the game is terrible. Once I play it for myself, and have played it for a decent amount of time, that's when I can give my judgement.

Good thread too, but make sure you don't believe the negativity about the game, it's up to you on how you judge the game (I can see you have followed this, so good job).

Oh, and um, why is it nowadays so many don't have the attention span to read a paragraph or two? I assume many won't even read my post because it's "too long"... Maybe that's why there's a lot of negativity, they just don't have the attention span to look in-depth at an aspect of the game, they see one thing and lock in a statement of how bad it looked.

• archiebunker likes this

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by ArcherTheGreat, 14 September 2013 - 02:13 PM.

Wrong thread lol .

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

didn't read completely but i guess it comes down to this..

people expected to much and are now disapointed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users