» «
Photo

Seriously, what the hell is going on?

80 replies to this topic
ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:47 PM Edited by ArcherTheGreat, 14 September 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Okay, I've been staying on the forums for quite a bit and ever since leaked gameplay started to spread around like wildfire, the GTA V forum sub-category has transformed from an optimistic, ultra-hype area full of excitement and faith, into a cesspit of dreadful remarks, negativity and honestly, painful criticism towards the game.

I mean before the leaks, this place was paradise. People were excited beyond measure, you could feel it. The mapping thread in particular kept us on our toes and having hopes towards GTA V being the most ambitious game Rockstar has made to date. And then what happened afterwards? This forum turned from a wide smile into an unforgiving frown. People began criticizing the game (hard, in some cases) for it's "lack of Pedestrians" , "lack of traffic" , "sucky driving" , "poor physics" , "people are like walls" , "no gambling" , "map is boring" , "countryside is barren". The amazing abundance of these threads made me feel like the game is really being turned down, even though most of us here still love the game. But there are so many people who have focused on the negative side of the game than the positive. Pedestrians have more realistic reactions and behavior, the graphics and lighting and weather effects are phenomenal, heck you can even ride the damn rollercoaster at the pier. Why are these positive threads so dilute now?

And I've observed the most likely reason why people are getting so upset with the game. You guys had too high expectations. It was so evident ever since the first trailer came out. People were complaining that the map was too small, the city was too small, there shouldve been more towns, there should be realistic steak blah blah blah. You have to understand that Rockstar spent 266 million dollars on hardware that we can now safely say is obsolete today. They should deserve the credit they were due for pulling off such an ambition.

I personally, am nothing short of impressed and in disbelief of the world of GTA V. It is evident that Rockstar really put in their best to satisfy all of us gamers. I know that there are a lot of you who do love the game despite some "setbacks", and I think you are the most awesome fans of the series.

So to conclude, can we just bring back the optimism of the forums? This game will be awesome I assure you, just stop being so butthurt over the "negative" aspects of the game that you've so expertly spotted. 

• Corcovado, Martijnn, jm220 and 16 others like this

Todmcfly
  • Todmcfly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

I love you

Gajick
  • Gajick

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Didn't read but I respect your opinion

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:51 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 14 September 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Listen, just ignore threads made by people who were 10 years old when GTA4 came out. They probably played GTA:SA after GTa4 and are obssesed with that game.Just ignore and make your own opinion.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

You correct. But this? "Rockstar really put in their best to satisfy all of us gamers."

WTF? There is no PC version, that is like 70% of gamers! (all around world)

BaMxIrelandx
  • BaMxIrelandx

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Well said.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

You correct. But this? "Rockstar really put in their best to satisfy all of us gamers."

Lol PC version is up for preorders already. Pretty old news (ok maybe days old but still). NO WORRIES :D

K1monster
  • K1monster

Hustler

• BUSTED!

to long to read but ur basically saying ur sick of the negativity if i am right and i aagreee 10000^%

these kids on here are unappreciative c*nts

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

I had high expectations, and honestly, they've been met. The game looks superb.

xzxxsicko
  • xzxxsicko

Homie

• Members

i agree OP GTA V has many flaws lets hope GTA Vl will be better.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Didn't read but I respect your opinion

You didnt read, what if he was explaining how your a fa**ot?

Do u respect that?

• R3AL1Z3 likes this

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Conclusion is that the 99% of the forum users here are spoiled brats who aren't satisfied with a slice of heaven and not any more or less, they actually want another slice of it. I would actually love to see Rockstar withdraw the V from the market to see all you sorry asses who are bashing the game, which you haven't played yet, start crying in despair because you don't deserve anything more than that. The game is probably the best PC game in years, yet you act like it's nothing. Just go stare into the sun or something.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Conclusion is that the 99% of the forum users here are spoiled brats who aren't satisfied with a slice of heaven and not any more or less, they actually want another slice of it. I would actually love to see Rockstar withdraw the V from the market to see all you sorry asses who are bashing the game, which you haven't played yet, start crying in despair because you don't deserve anything more than that. The game is probably the best PC game in years, yet you act like it's nothing. Just go stare into the sun or something.

So you are butthurt fan because other fan don't agree with some changes? Nice to know. How is not liking a car handling or whatever spoiler brats? The only spoiled brat here is you.

• AtomicPunk likes this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Juust ignore people who were 10 years old when GTA4 came out. 

You will feel better.

AndreyK
  • AndreyK

Cold Slavic Killer

• Members
  • None

Merry me plz.

Sirens
  • Sirens

Square Civilian

• Members

AMEN!  :r*:

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

So you are butthurt fan because other fan don't agree with some changes? Nice to know. How is not liking a car handling or whatever spoiler brats? The only spoiled brat here is you.

Nah, you actually don't get it, do you? Many people said the game was rubbish even before it came out. Those people are spoiled brats. People who say the game is not good enough are spolied brats, people who say the game is far worse than expected are spoiled brats.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ignore what they say until you actually play the game... besides everybody knows that these people who keep complaining will buy the game anyway and play the crap out of it 

NFPM
  • NFPM

Adrenaline Junkie

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

That's R* didn't want leaks to happen, they know that gameplay from leaks can never satisfy and represent the game itself for gamers, the only way to do it is to experience for yourself and have blast playing it. People see the leaks and they start bashing the game back and forward because they can't see what they want.

Since the leaks started, right from the map size, people went a-wall, saying the map was small when they only saw a book page.

I've seen leaks but haven't judge the game by it, I'll do so when it's in my hands and I'm playing the hell out of it.

Until then, to everyone who loves to complain shut the f%ck up, waiting for the bloody game to come out and then bash away with hard evidence, if of course you have... Which you won't.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yup, the ungrateful little sh*ts should have the game taken from them. They don't deserve it. In its place they should only be allowed to play the Sega Master System version of "Out Run".

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Notice how I mentioned how awesome are those who are still positive towards the game despite some disagreements to the changes made in terms of gameplay :)

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

I'm sorry but the crash physics should at least be on par with IV or better, not MCLA. That's almost a game breaker for me. Almost. It's not unrealistic expectations, or being a little kid/spoiled brat--things like car deformation has always gotten better with each GTA. I've watched it from GTA 1 to now and know how it's evolved. Two steps back in that area is beyond unacceptable. I'm gonna play the game til my eyes bleed, that you can count on. I, like many will be back a few days after I have it to give my opinion on it. As a hard core, long time fan, I'll have some opinions about it.

Jonny04
  • Jonny04

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by Jonny04, 14 September 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Okay, I've been staying on the forums for quite a bit and ever since leaked gameplay started to spread around like wildfire, the GTA V forum sub-category has transformed from an optimistic, ultra-hype area full of excitement and faith, into a cesspit of dreadful remarks, negativity and honestly, painful criticism towards the game.

I mean before the leaks, this place was paradise. People were excited beyond measure, you could feel it. The mapping thread in particular kept us on our toes and having hopes towards GTA V being the most ambitious game Rockstar has made to date. And then what happened afterwards? This forum turned from a wide smile into an unforgiving frown. People began criticizing the game (hard, in some cases) for it's "lack of Pedestrians" , "lack of traffic" , "sucky driving" , "poor physics" , "people are like walls" , "no gambling" , "map is boring" , "countryside is barren". The amazing abundance of these threads made me feel like the game is really being turned down, even though most of us here still love the game. But there are so many people who have focused on the negative side of the game than the positive. Pedestrians have more realistic reactions and behavior, the graphics and lighting and weather effects are phenomenal, heck you can even ride the damn rollercoaster at the pier. Why are these positive threads so dilute now?

And I've observed the most likely reason why people are getting so upset with the game. You guys had too high expectations. It was so evident ever since the first trailer came out. People were complaining that the map was too small, the city was too small, there shouldve been more towns, there should be realistic steak blah blah blah. You have to understand that Rockstar spent 266 million dollars on hardware that we can now safely say is obsolete today. They should deserve the credit they were due for pulling off such an ambition.

I personally, am nothing short of impressed and in disbelief of the world of GTA V. It is evident that Rockstar really put in their best to satisfy all of us gamers. I know that there are a lot of you who do love the game despite some "setbacks", and I think you are the most awesome fans of the series.

So to conclude, can we just bring back the optimism of the forums? This game will be awesome I assure you, just stop being so butthurt over the "negative" aspects of the game that you've so expertly spotted. 

Your post is correct in every point you've made.

People need to realise the detail is there, you can't see it on blurry instagram. I mean they are moaning about no gambling, it is probably in, we haven't seen it yet as its probably not usable until later. 

They haven't seen it for the simple reason perhaps that no one has went there yet. 

They were also saying no

Spoiler
yet they are CONFIRMED flyable. 

The game's ambition is amazing, put simply it is the greatest game ever made, and no one should even need to play it to know that. They've seen it through trailers, official gameplay videos, screenshots, and now for some reason they have went crazy looking at the leaks.

They will take it all back when they play it. There is a few HD videos about, they show off the game correctly and its not lacking anything. The map is massive, scale is correct. Maze Bank Arena is truly massive, yet doesn't look that big due to scale from the screenshots and videos, they will see this when they play it.

Can't wait until Monday when my copy arrives.

• Badr305 likes this

alz-yer-pal
  • alz-yer-pal

taliBAM ActTuffGetMuff

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

the diffrence from a few weeks ago to now on here is unreal.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

The only thing I have seen that I do not like...is the damn slow moving rpgs.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:08 PM Edited by one55, 14 September 2013 - 01:09 PM.

you do know that PC games only account for anywhere between 10-20% of all sales of TakeTwo? Rockstar isn't interested in PC gamers as much as they are console owners which account for 70-80% of their sales.

wizwars
  • wizwars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

I think some people just like to be dicks on the Internet because in real life they are total pussy mouth breathers who look like McLovin and flinch any time someone looks at them sideways. This doesn't represent all people criticizing the game, but I bet it matches quite a few of them well.

You gotta figure it takes a certain total lack of a life to spend your time on an Internet forum dedicated to a game series talking mad sh*t about the newest game in that series, especially when it's highly anticipated and early reviews have suggested that it is a contender for game of the year. People just want attention by being contrarian.

Now of course people who've actually played it and don't like it for whatever reason, that's certainly fair. But anyone making complete judgements based off of streams or sh*tty footage of an iPhone pointed at a TV is pretty much a total chode
  • TheJasonGallant likes this

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

the diffrence from a few weeks ago to now on here is unreal.

That's exactly what drove me to make this thread. It's painful coming here nowadays. Hope things will change after the 17th :D

GTAV2011
  • GTAV2011

GTAV...2013

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

It's called having an opinion. If you don't like criticism then don't come here.

• AtomicPunk likes this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

I think some people just like to be dicks on the Internet because in real life they are total pussy mouth breathers who look like McLovin and flinch any time someone looks at them sideways. This doesn't represent all people criticizing the game, but I bet it matches quite a few of them well.

You gotta figure it takes a certain total lack of a life to spend your time on an Internet forum dedicated to a game series talking mad sh*t about the newest game in that series, especially when it's highly anticipated and early reviews have suggested that it is a contender for game of the year. People just want attention by being contrarian.

Now of course people who've actually played it and don't like it for whatever reason, that's certainly fair. But anyone making complete judgements based off of streams or sh*tty footage of an iPhone pointed at a TV is pretty much a total chode

:^:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users