» «

car damage and driving is really well done

41 replies to this topic
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

I will call BS on 4s handling. Cars should not understeer at 10mph. That is not realistic. That is crap. Yea, I was used to it but it was not realistic one bit.

You know those really slow AI cars drove at around 30mph. So it is safe to say that cars didn't understeer at 10mph. Hell cars didn't understeer at all if you drove properly. Brake before the corner, let go of the brake, hit the apex and floor it. Worked brilliantly, with some cars you could finish the corner with a little drift even.

• Massyl

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I will call BS on 4s handling. Cars should not understeer at 10mph. That is not realistic. That is crap. Yea, I was used to it but it was not realistic one bit.

I think you forgot a zero in that number.... USE DE BLADY BRAYGZ!!!

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

OP thats exactly what I was saying in another topic (I can't remember which one tho). They made the handling and damage in a great balance between maintaining realism and *FUN gameplay.

• ezfaun

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Well instead of Mario Kart physics you should learn to drive well in the game so you don't bang up your whip.

See...they dumbed down the system so you didn't have to learn to drive. This makes you happy?

Dafuq? I saw one dude running away from cops and his escalade was all over the road, drifting understeering and crashing into poles.

Cars are supposed to be twitchy. I dare you to yank a subaru wrx's steering wheel to one side at 40mph. And that's only 40.

• carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

There should be a complainers board, so all 10 can go there and b*tch about the driving not being real in a video game.

• Kratos2000

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

i don't know why everyone is bickering about the car mechanics 
In gta IV You could dent cares really easily and that made them look sh*tty quickly Now you just spent over say 10000 on a car you don't want to f*ck it up you want it to look nice without busting it up the car damage is awesome it just requires a harder fall or in that video getting crushed by a train between a wall and to people saying the driving is arcade like it's a sports car they move like that you don't want to be going over 100 and not be able to turn but in a video he is driving cop car and it slides and feels more natural Because it doesn't have down force from spoilers and aerodynamic design etc

Commas, periods. . . please. 

• Zeegelano

Team Leader

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Use interpunction next time.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

San Andreas had more easily destroyed cars, no insurance to get it back.

V goes too far by making cars super strong and giving your car back if you lose it.

What's up with that?

Felix Gibraltar
  • Felix Gibraltar

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm not really understanding why you f*cking idiots keep saying that people WHINED and got R* to change the driving. R* said themselves that the car physics were noticeably boat like in IV. And they were. At least I can make a 90 degree turn without having to drift now...

• jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

The vehicle mechanics are fine to people with no skills, to everyone else like me, they are plain pathetic.

• Muramasa1794

1st lieutenant of Yamaguchi

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

Finally someone with some sense, the driving in V is WAYYYYYY better than IV hands down.

• lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:47 AM Edited by lizardman563, 30 September 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Well, it seems the "GTA IV driving" troop (who make up a minority of the community by the way) has arrived. I guess I was late.

This is the last post I'll make on this annoying subject.

I thoroughly enjoyed GTA IV's driving mechanics and damage, and haven't an issue at all with GTA V's driving. I for one, enjoy the fact that you can maneuver more easily and what not, (some people find realistic fun, I do too, but I also like a bit of "arcadey") and its flaws are way overhyped. I find it funny how those claiming that GTA IV's driving is realistic are usually people who have never driven before. I drive to work everyday and I honestly fail to see the "incredibly unrealistic handling and physics" of GTA V. They seem fine to me, just more responsive than GTA IV's, which, by the way, was not 100 percent realistic, nor is V's. Also, I fail to see the issue with damage. Everytime I crash in GTA V I have huge dents, deformations, and scratches, as I did in GTA IV, and panels even fall off in this game, unlike GTA IV.

Some people have different opinions. Unfortunately the consensus of the elitist angry GTA IV driving crowd seems to be "Hate this game's driving or you are a f*cking idiot who cannot drive, and you deserve to have your entire family executed in real life, also I am the most skilled GTA driver who has ever lived. Haha."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users